This is nice | Syracusefan.com

This is nice

Same here! Especially the part about the 11 year old kid. I wonder if even he could manage to get into the Lamp Post? ;)
Come on, man. With 10 cent wings, how you gonna deny him?

Come on, man. With 10 cent wings, how you gonna deny him?

I think the year after you left, a dance club called Oasis opened up under the Post. A year or 2 later I went back with a friend, but for whatever reason didnt have my student ID on me. They banned me for the night and almost permanently when I got pissed they allowed this 17 year old student(she was from Brazil or some atypical place) who I knew from one of my parties. They didn't like when I protested this loudly with one of Albany's "finest" standing not too far away and gave me a warning that scared me worse than from the mods on here. Sadly, I don't believe I was yet drunk enough to withstand it like I tend to be when I receive the latter. Maybe the Oasis would have let the 11 year old celebrity in while I would have been limited to the Post upstairs.

Last edited:
I think the year after you left, a dance club called Oasis opened up under the Post. A year or 2 later I went back with a friend, but for whatever reason didnt have my student ID on me. They banned me for the night and almost permanently when I got pissed they allowed this 17 year old student(she was from Brazil or some atypical place) who I knew from one of my parties. They didn't like when I protested this loudly with one of Albany's "finest" standing not too far away and gave me a warning that scared me worse than from the mods on here. Sadly, I don't believe I was yet drunk enough to withstand it like I tend to be when I receive the latter. Maybe the Oasis would have let the 11 year old celebrity in while I would have been limited to the Post upstairs.
It sounds familiar. I visited friends on the 5 and 6 year plan through 1997 or so.

It sounds familiar. I visited friends on the 5 and 6 year plan through 1997 or so.

Looking back, I wish I had found a way to get that kind of an economy package! ;)

But yes, I was often walking the streets in a stupor at that time...it's possible I bumped into you. It's also possible you were the guy who tapped his elbow a few times and gave me an elbow drop after doing so!

Looking back, I wish I had found a way to get that kind of an economy package! ;)

But yes, I was often walking the streets in a stupor at that time...it's possible I bumped into you. It's also possible you were the guy who tapped his elbow a few times and gave me an elbow drop after doing so!
I have many stories to share. I'm sure you do as well and pretty sure you have shared! One will click.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom