This is one of the top reasons the ACC added SU, UL, ND, Pitt | Syracusefan.com

This is one of the top reasons the ACC added SU, UL, ND, Pitt

Alsacs

Living Legend
Current-12-Most-Valuable-Teams-by-Tournament-Units-paid-over-next-six-years-in-millions.png

NCAA credits are a LOT of money. From this article http://winthropintelligence.com/201...all-tournament-this-years-unit-payouts-after/
We are the 2nd highest earner of NCAA credits over the past 6 years.

Is Louisville going to ACC next season or the one after? I thought they were a year behind us but that may have been pre-catholic 7.

That's nice and all, but $37M (Louisville and SU) paid over six years divided by 16 teams is only $385K each year per team. Even if Pitt and ND matched UL and SU, it would still be less than a million dollars each team, each year. It's football, plain and simple.

Wow Vcu and butler are no joke. ?And CPA.. Whatchu talkin bout Willis.

Btw whoever made that graph is an idiot. You cant chart something by color and change the color of teams.

Wow Vcu and butler are no joke. ?And CPA.. Whatchu talkin bout Willis.

those dollar amounts are credits paid over a period of time (6 years). I assume the ACC divides those payouts evenly among the 16 members (I'm including UL and ND). So, assuming that SU and UL never earn another dime, then the payouts over six years will equal about $37M between the two. $37/6 years/16 teams = $385K per year per team. That's not alot when each team is already making between $17-$19M/year.

Somebody correct my math if that's not how it works.

The ACC the past few years has only had about 4 teams per year in the tournament each year. Correct me if I am wrong, because I did no research and have no interest in doing any at the moment. But, if there were to double the number of teams that make the tournament while only making the league a quarter larger. It should be a fairly large gain for the league. Certainly not as much as the football contract, but it should about double the basketball revenue.

Where is UConn? Is this just this years teams? If this is yearly, then SU would make 375k per year or 2.25 per year for the 6 year stretch.

This is what SU earned, but those earnings go to the Big East (either the Catholic 7 or the New BE), correct? And when they join the ACC they are essentially starting from scratch, right?

I don't know what SU negotiated with the Big East in its settlement SU gets these credits over a 6 yr stretch by the article's description it seems the Big East only gets the credits from the years SU is a member of the conference thus next year the Big East won't get SU's credits they will go to the ACC office.

Where is UConn? Is this just this years teams? If this is yearly, then SU would make 375k per year or 2.25 per year for the 6 year stretch.

UConn doesn't have to go to the ncaa tournament to "earn" credits. They are stockpiling plenty of them.

along those lines anyone see any new posts on ACC stuff by arb? I haven't seen anything since the tournament began (the ND scheduling thing in football was last post I saw)

along those lines anyone see any new posts on ACC stuff by arb? I haven't seen anything since the tournament began (the ND scheduling thing in football was last post I saw)
Chris, how are you...update in next two weeks or earlier.
HOWEVER, those credits 'Cuse, Pitt, Louisville etc have earned...STAY WITH THE OLD BE...they don't go over to the ACC. Therefore, 'Cuse and others do not receive their credits. Perhaps 'Cuse should argue about its final payment to the BE to get out...but the way the UNIT split goes it starts with the Conference the team was in at time of award...the Catholic 7 negotiated to keep a share of the units...'Cuse, Pitt, Louisville have not.

I don't know what SU negotiated with the Big East in its settlement SU gets these credits over a 6 yr stretch by the article's description it seems the Big East only gets the credits from the years SU is a member of the conference thus next year the Big East won't get SU's credits they will go to the ACC office.
unfortunately, not correct as I understand it. Credits stay with the Conference from which team played and earned. So ACC gets $0 from 'Cuse etc until 'Cuse starts earning as member of ACC.

unfortunately, not correct as I understand it. Credits stay with the Conference from which team played and earned. So ACC gets $0 from 'Cuse etc until 'Cuse starts earning as member of ACC.

why shouldnt cuse get its share of revenue for when its in the conference? i understand the buyout but that doesnt mean cuse doesn't get the money while it remains in the conference does it? the way i see it, is cuse splits it among the old big east as always. the only difference is cuse took a $7M hit on the books when it left the old big east. we aren't playing for free this year...

How I read that article is that credits paid over a 6 yr period they show the credits than SU will get paid from 2014-2019 I don't think Syracuse forfeits those credits as they would go to the institution to divide within its conference. I think all the credits that SU is due may stay with the school the Big East can't NOT pay Syracuse anything. We forfeited our partnership right to vote, but until we withdraw on July 1st we must be paid our share.

The money stays in the Big East - Metro/America 12/Bad Name TBA version unless there was a specific negotiation otherwise, which I have not heard. This is because it was earned as a member of that conference and is just paid out over a period of time. I assume until the date we exit, we get our share of everything up to that point.

It's unfortunate, but it's the way it is. UConn and company will have a nice little war chest from exit fees and tourney units that will keep them from feeling any competitive disadvantage financially for a couple of years, which is why their situation doesn't become totally dire for a few more years.

Chris, how are you...update in next two weeks or earlier.
HOWEVER, those credits 'Cuse, Pitt, Louisville etc have earned...STAY WITH THE OLD BE...they don't go over to the ACC. Therefore, 'Cuse and others do not receive their credits. Perhaps 'Cuse should argue about its final payment to the BE to get out...but the way the UNIT split goes it starts with the Conference the team was in at time of award...the Catholic 7 negotiated to keep a share of the units...'Cuse, Pitt, Louisville have not.

I'm good arb, I thought some of the idiots' comments on your last couple posts forced you to stop posting updates which would suck as your updates are one of the things I look for