This is Ridiculous | Syracusefan.com

This is Ridiculous

T

TrickySU

I'm watching SportsCenter and they are introducing the number 1 seeds. They're saying good things about every other 1 seed and then when it gets to Syracuse I hear, "Syracuse the number 1 seed in the east despite losing in the semi-finals of the Big East Tournament." Then for North Carolina they said ACC Regular Season Champs and their 14th number 1 seed all time or something like that. I'm thinking we won the Big East regular season championship but there was no mention of that, and also its as if by losing in the Big East Tournament we were on the verge of getting a 2 seed when it was clear that we were getting a 1. I don't normally critcize things like this but I thought it was crazy that we were the only 1 seed where nothing good was said.

Haters_Gonna_Hate.gif

I hope everyone picks against us, the experts are usually wrong.

I'm watching SportsCenter and they are introducing the number 1 seeds. They're saying good things about every other 1 seed and then when it gets to Syracuse I hear, "Syracuse the number 1 seed in the east despite losing in the semi-finals of the Big East Tournament." Then for North Carolina they said ACC Regular Season Champs and their 14th number 1 seed all time or something like that. I'm thinking we won the Big East regular season championship but there was no mention of that, and also its as if by losing in the Big East Tournament we were on the verge of getting a 2 seed when it was clear that we were getting a 1. I don't normally critcize things like this but I thought it was crazy that we were the only 1 seed where nothing good was said.

Let the pundits say whatever they want; they spouted the same kinds of things in 2003. What our team to do is to follow the old adage for creative writing: show don't tell. Let's get past UNC Asheville. They are a dangerous team; they shoot the lights out from 3 point land and have forwards who can score. The only way to shut people up like Digger Phelps and Dougie "left at the altar by Cuse" Gottleib is to win, baby!

They didnt really pick against us, they just intro'd the 1 seeds, gave the other 3 a compliment and then slammed us for losing in the semifinals but still getting a 1 seed. It was weird.

Let the pundits say whatever they want; they spouted the same kinds of things in 2003. What our team to do is to follow the old adage for creative writing: show don't tell. Let's get past UNC Asheville. They are a dangerous team; they shoot the lights out from 3 point land and have forwards who can score. The only way to shut people up like Digger Phelps and Dougie "left at the altar by Cuse" Gottleib is to win, baby!

Completely agree.

There isn't one prediction that the ostensible "experts" on ESPN have to say that will impact what transpires on the court during the NCAA tournament.

To quote Scoop Jardine from earlier this season: "Just win."

That's the best--and only--way to shut those clowns up.

Just win.

They didnt really pick against us, they just intro'd the 1 seeds, gave the other 3 a compliment and then slammed us for losing in the semifinals but still getting a 1 seed. It was weird.

In fact, two of their pundits put us in the FF. We're obviously a fashionable upset call, but it's certainly not universal, even within ESPN.

Scoop also said "I need new haters, the old ones are starting to like me." He's got a bunch of new haters now. They can go into the tournament with a #1 seed and feel like they are getting no respect. Fine by me.

There isn't one prediction that the ostensible "experts" on ESPN have to say that will impact what transpires on the court during the NCAA tournament.

Jay Bilas appeared to sufficiently motivate VCU last year. Just saying.

Jay Bilas appeared to sufficiently motivate VCU last year. Just saying.

Actually, that's a great example that proves my point. Bilas [amongst others] were critical of VCU's inclusion. How'd that turn out?

None of the hot air emanating from Bristol amounts to a hill of beans. The NC2A has unpredictable games every year, and there's only one way to buck the trend:

Just win.

Win. Nothing else matters.

If everyone wants to complain about people who have zero impact on the games, that's their choice. If their feelings are hurt because some experts don't believe. Fine.

Just win. And if we are as good as we think we are, that's what will happen.

44cuse

We have two of the best senior leaders in the country. They will not let us lose. The pundits can talk all they want. No one is going to stop KJo and Scoop.

We have two of the best senior leaders in the country. They will not let us lose. The pundits can talk all they want. No one is going to stop KJo and Scoop.
Except KJo and Scoop. Hopefully they learn how to get out of their own way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom