This is seriously amazing... | Syracusefan.com

This is seriously amazing...

cto

Administrator
SU is currently ranked 15th in the Directors Cup standings. We have historically been something like 120th. We will probably fall in the standings later in the year because we dont play a lot of the winter and spring sports that other schools do... e.g., men's and women's golf, baseball, men's tennis, swimming, wrestling, men's ice hockey, gymnastics, etc But still, this is pretty nice.

http://suathletics.syr.edu/news/2013/1/10/FB_0110130402.aspx

we are pretty good at that one winter sport called basketball.

well done, gross.

SU is currently ranked 15th in the Directors Cup standings. We have historically been something like 120th. We will probably fall in the standings later in the year because we dont play a lot of the winter and spring sports that other schools do... e.g., men's and women's golf, baseball, men's tennis, swimming, wrestling, men's ice hockey, gymnastics, etc But still, this is pretty nice.

How much did it cost?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

From a common sense standpoint we continue to miss the boat on mens hockey.

Personally not having baseball with Bob Costas as an alumn is laughable.

we are pretty good at that one winter sport called basketball.

well done, gross.
You should probably root for an SEC or PAC school if you want a full slate of winter sports. They were all eliminated while Jake was here as a result of Title IX. Not sure how that is Gross' fault. We can have 50 sports, or we can have football.

From a common sense standpoint we continue to miss the boat on mens hockey.

Personally not having baseball with Bob Costas as an alumn is laughable.
I agree with you on the men's hockey, but can't really figure out why Bob Costas = a varsity baseball team.

women's softball and lacrosse as well as men's lax should help this spring.

I agree with you on the men's hockey, but can't really figure out why Bob Costas = a varsity baseball team.

Bob said he would donate 40 jersey's and caps of a "mid level quality...not Under Armour or anything...just something basic that works"

Hard to pass that up..

Bob said he would donate 40 jersey's and caps of a "mid level quality...not Under Armour or anything...just something basic that works"

Hard to pass that up..
That's pretty funny. I imagine that he would require a wooden placard with his name on it along the outfield fence as well as his name on the jerseys where the sponsor goes (a la Chico's Bail Bonds)?

Looks like the one thing all (except one) the schools ahead of us scored in is Women's Volleyball.

TGD's critics rip his spending on non revenue sports coaches and blame this for everything from facilities deficiencies to HCDM & OCNH leaving for greener pastures.

He is a major baseball fan with deep enough pockets to help get it going. Thought of in high enough esteem to become MLB commish. Games could be played at the Chiefs stadium. OCC, Lemoyne, Suny-Cortland have all excelled despite cold weather.

He is a major baseball fan with deep enough pockets to help get it going. Thought of in high enough esteem to become MLB commish. Games could be played at the Chiefs stadium. OCC, Lemoyne, Suny-Cortland have all excelled despite cold weather.
I'm sure that if Bob Costas really and truly(read: $$$) wanted SU to have varsity baseball, we would.

I think I read (maybe a month or so ago) that the women were ranked 12th. This is an area where you can demonstrably see the positive impact that Darryl Gross has had through his hires of coaches of Olympic sports.