This Is THE Game | Syracusefan.com

This Is THE Game

If we take every game serious we will be an at-large. We can beat GaTech twice, Pitt and Clemson if we come ready to play.

YEP! We have enough weapons and ways to win that effort and confidence are more important than strategy and execution. I said at the half we would win the game and do so at the foul line. We have three great foul shooters and three great penetrators, make enough threes to spread the floor and attack on defense and it will rattle even the most composed teams in the country.

This teams biggest problem all year has been a lack of confidence, the dome crowd has been terrible all year. With a fragile team like this, it's the crowd's job to get the players believing in themselves during the early part of the year so they have the confidence to win on the road.

I believe some of this comes down to pricing strategy in the dome. The more expensive the afternoon is in the dome the less likely you will probably have patient dedicated fans in the stands. They are impatient and entitled, just like the scholars the university is releasing to the world every year. I really do believe this team is easily a top 20 team talent wise, I just think they were fragile from a leadership standpoint.

JB and crowd have probably been too spoiled to will the team to early victories. Kansas just closed a 51 game streak of home court victories, they didn't do this on talent alone. The crowd was great today and the team matched the effort of the crowd almost in unison.

This team's defensive effort can be measured with a decibel meter.

If we take every game serious we will be an at-large. We can beat GaTech twice, Pitt and Clemson if we come ready to play.
This team needs to figure out how to play with the same defensive intensity on the road as they do at home. They haven't done it yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom