West Virginia
BC
Pittsburgh
Navy
Rutgers
Temple
Army
Connecticut

Back in the day, the team that came out of this league to represent eastern football was a good fb team. Us in 87, the Marino Pitt teams, Penn st so many times, even the flutie teams, major Harris and WV. I miss those days, where the eastern team would then test itself against best from other regions in post season. It's a bit of a mess now, not helped by the fact that none of these squads are that good right now.

Yes, indeed. There's a real identity with that league, unlike the conglomeration that the Big East turned into.
Unfortunately, the ACC is in the process of losing its identity too - and we're helping to make them into a conglomeration.

I disagree. While the ACC is indeed losing its identity as a southeastern league, it is not turning into a conglomeration like the big east. It's actually going to turn into a true full east coast league. That my friend is an identity as good or better than the PAC 12. Short of adding PSU or ND, I thnk adding Rutgers and UConn would round out a great fully east coast conference.

Yes, indeed. There's a real identity with that league, unlike the conglomeration that the Big East turned into.
Unfortunately, the ACC is in the process of losing its identity too - and we're helping to make them into a conglomeration.

I disagree. While the ACC is indeed losing its identity as a southeastern league, it is not turning into a conglomeration like the big east. It's actually going to turn into a true full east coast league. That my friend is an identity as good or better than the PAC 12. Short of adding PSU or ND, I thnk adding Rutgers and UConn would round out a great fully east coast conference.
Noting your handle, I can see why you'd say this. But Syracuse and Miami have no common identity. "The whole east coast" is not an identity in my book.

-------------------

SU in a north-south ACC with BC, Pitt, MD, UNC, Duke, Wake, UVA, Miami and football schools like FSU, Clemson, VT is the best possible outcome for SU from every perspective in terms of the real world.

PSU is a perfect fit for the Big 10 as a large state school. They have rivals schools like UMich, OSU, Wisconsin, now Nebraska. They are members of the CIC. They made that decision some 20 years ago.

Good luck to WVU but there is a good reason the ACC didn't invite them.

The only other major northeast schools are UConn and RU; my guess is within 5 years they will be either in the ACC and/or Big 10.

Regardless, SU will hopefully schedule Army, Navy, RU, UConn, PSU out of conference if that is what the school wants to do.

The Lambert bowl league

Syracuse
Penn state
West Virginia
BC
Pittsburgh
Navy
Rutgers
Temple
Army
Connecticut

Back in the day, the team that came out of this league to represent eastern football was a good fb team. Us in 87, the Marino Pitt teams, Penn st so many times, even the flutie teams, major Harris and WV. I miss those days, where the eastern team would then test itself against best from other regions in post season. It's a bit of a mess now, not helped by the fact that none of these squads are that good right now.

Why would anyone choose to be in a league with temple? and UCONN? both these schools should be DII.

that league sucks. SU is much better off in the ACC.

The Lambert bowl league

Syracuse
Penn state
West Virginia
BC
Pittsburgh
Navy
Rutgers
Temple
Army
Connecticut

I hate to be the guy but... No ND? I think they are in our top 5 teams played. I think if the ACC got ND and PSU(dreaming), it would be the perfect football north conference. ND, PSU, SU, PITT, UV, VT, TERPS, BC.

The ACC is establishing an identity that now conforms to its name - a true Atlantic Coast Conference - like the Pacific Coast Conference with a membership that stretches from north to south.

The old ACC was actually a misnomer.

The ACC is a reflective of a true identity.

Well observed, I'm an alum of both I agree with you if you are talking about the cities but the schools are very much alike. Both mid size private schools with an affluent northeastern student base. Culturally they schools are very similar which is why I think you often see suggestions of putting in the northern division even though geographically it doesn't make much sense.

I could also Compare Wash State and USC as not having anything in common, but I would say the PAC 12 has an identity as a the west coast league just as the ACC will have an identity as an east coast league

Noting your handle, I can see why you'd say this. But Syracuse and Miami have no common identity. "The whole east coast" is not an identity in my book.

The ACC plays to SU strengths..the B10 doesn't and the traditional NE league is dead and was never a league anyway. Cuse is so much better off playing schools along I-81/85/95 than going to the B10 or staying in the Sun Beast. Sure we lose MSG to some degree but the athletic programs will be stabilized among peer institutions.

For BB we could continue to play SJU...my suggestion is to have SU/SJU host a holiday tourament at MSG every season. Bring in 6 other schools. We should continue to play Nova and Georgetown too. For SJU I would'nt be opposed to playing them in the Garden every season if a tourney doesn't happen.

My two choices from the old days:

A true Eastern League:

Start with, (9 teams is the perfect size for a league: you play everybody once in football and twice in basketball)

Boston College, Syracuse, Army Navy, Rutgers, Temple, Penn State, Pittsburgh, West Virginia

Then when the possbility of a 12 team league, (play everybody in your own division once in football and twice in basketball and everybody in the other divsion once in basketball and half of those teams one eyar in football with the tother half the next year), and a conference title game) add three teams, some combinaiton of Notre Dame, (who would say 'no' but you have to ask), Virginia Tech, Connecticut, Cincinnati or Louisville.

An Eastern version of the Pac 10

Boston College, Syracuse, Penn State, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Virginia Tech, South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Florida State and Miami.

Then move to 12 with some combinaiton of Notre Dame, Connecticut, Cincinnati or Lousiville.

Eaither would have been much more stable than what we got with a hyybrid football/basketball conferecne that once represented the East and now is just grabbing anyone they can to survive.

Without going through the list I think eceey school but Pitt ia in a state that touches the Atlantic.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

The other great thing about being in the ACC is that its filled with excellent academic schools. Outside of GTOWN, the BE was filled with lots of schools for s.

Duke - #10
UVA - #25
UNC - #29
Wake - #25
Miami - #38
Syacuse - #62

This is a great opportunity for syracuse to boost its rep through association.

The other great thing about being in the ACC is that its filled with excellent academic schools. Outside of GTOWN, the BE was filled with lots of schools for s.

Duke - #10
UVA - #25
UNC - #29
Wake - #25
Miami - #38
Syacuse - #62

This is a great opportunity for syracuse to boost its rep through association.
I think a would be able to at least spell Syracuse right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom