This is what I was talking about | Syracusefan.com

This is what I was talking about

KingOtis

All Conference
They're too overconfident right now. They initially took USF lightly, came out playing lazy D, and spotted the Bulls a big lead. The subsequent run to take control was impressive, but it just plays into their "we're invincible" mentality. Now they're playing sloppy on offense and letting USF back in.

This is a dangerous attitude to have. You can spot a second or third round opponent ten points and never get going. Or maybe you leave a team hanging around too long instead of putting them away.

They need to start playing with purpose again. You can't just flip a switch come tournament time. UConn is the only meaningful game left on the schedule, so they need to wake up by then.

i agree.. right now however usf is desperate for a win.. we are looking into march and they are fighting for their lives to make the tourney

look at the bright side, they won't take UConn or the Ville lightly.

Borrowing the little gem from Jimmy Dykes last night - USF was "a desperate team and therefore a dangerous team - thats what Syracuse was up against tonight"

I dont care how bad the wins are during the season, as long as the whole team understands that they cant play like this in either tourney or they wont win more than one maybe two games. JB, the other coaches, and the upper classmen need to be shouting that these next few weeks.

Its been months since we have seen any eagerness hustle or desire out of this team. One or two players show up every game while the others wait around to see who will carry them. I hope this is a sign of getting it out of their system early, but something has to change or we will embarrass ourselves.

Borrowing the little gem from Jimmy Dykes last night - USF was "a desperate team and therefore a dangerous team - thats what Syracuse was up against tonight"

Did he actually say this about our game or did you just type "Syracuse" and "USF" into the Jimmy Dykes Insanely Stupid Cliche App?

Did he actually say this about our game or did you just type "Syracuse" and "USF" into the Jimmy Dykes Insanely Stupid Cliche App?
That was his statement last night during the UK/MSU game when he was laying the groundwork for a potential UK loss. Just substitute MSU for USF and UK for SU and you will see what the SEC synchophant said.

look at the bright side, they won't take UConn or the Ville lightly.

I'll believe it when I see it. Right now, my prediction is they'll win another close, ugly one against UConn, come out flat (cause the game won't matter) and lose against L'ville, and drop their first game in the BET (maybe the second if the first isn't against a team playing for a spot in the dance). They'll still get a #1 and then...who knows?

I would compare what's happening with those Indianapolis Colts teams shutting it down in Week 15 or 16. Or an MLB team with a huge division lead in September. You can't just flip a switch.

They need to destroy UConn. I want to be reminded of that Seton Hall game.

I'll believe it when I see it. Right now, my prediction is they'll win another close, ugly one against UConn, come out flat (cause the game won't matter) and lose against L'ville, and drop their first game in the BET (maybe the second if the first isn't against a team playing for a spot in the dance). They'll still get a #1 and then...who knows?

I would compare what's happening with those Indianapolis Colts teams shutting it down in Week 15 or 16. Or an MLB team with a huge division lead in September. You can't just flip a switch.

They need to destroy UConn. I want to be reminded of that Seton Hall game.
You think we should destroy UConn on their home court on gameday? Really? I disagree that they need to beat UConn. Let alone destroy them. A win by 1 would be great in my opinion.

You think we should destroy UConn on their home court on gameday? Really? I disagree that they need to beat UConn. Let alone destroy them. A win by 1 would be great in my opinion.

No, it wouldn't. We are a superior team, our defense is tailor-made for shutting them down, and Calhoun won't be in the building. Seton Hall is a tougher matchup on paper.

We haven't made a statement in a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom