This isn't right | Syracusefan.com

This isn't right

Rocco

Watching you.
Eric Crume @Ecrume_52
I Heard People Going At Coach Marrone That Ain't Cool He Made A Decision What's Best For Him And His Family I Hope He Does Well

Why the don't the fans lay off. Such a bullshit move to whoever is doing this. The man made a choice for his family, anyone who is a family man would do the same god damn thing.

Pisses me off.

Im not pissed at him as I have said previously. But that is Eric's opinion not necessarily shared by all players.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

There's no not necessarily about it...

Im not pissed at him as I have said previously. But that is Eric's opinion not necessarily shared by all players.

That's fine. I'm talking about the fans. The players have the most right to be pissed, and even this kid has higher class than some of the meatballs out there running their gums. The same "fans" that were probably calling for his head midseason, too.

Just be patient, people are moving on.. Our next head coach and how SU deals with the issues that led to DMs departure are all that matter. Doug will be forgotten pretty soon, unless we fall back into the hole he pulled us out of... If that happens, he'll get a lot of the blame.

That's fine. I'm talking about the fans. The players have the most right to be pissed, and even this kid has higher class than some of the meatballs out there running their gums. The same "fans" that were probably calling for his head midseason, too.

Give it a rest already!

Go ahead and start another thread to the contrary if you don't like this one. Or just don't read this one. Sorry if you don't like it, but it's sour in my mouth right now.

Just be patient, people are moving on.. Our next head coach and how SU deals with the issues that led to DMs departure are all that matter. Doug will be forgotten pretty soon, unless we fall back into the hole he pulled us out of... If that happens, he'll get a lot of the blame.

What a load of crap.

Actually, it will look like he made the smart move. ;)

But the rest I actually agree with, except maybe the "forgotten" part, especially if Shafer or Hackett get the job and what DM started to rebuild takes off, it will become part and parcel of the Marrone legacy.

Cheers,
Neil

first of all, i applaud you calling out fans who overreact and say stuff that can be ridiculious at times about doug and the program..however some of us (im sure yourself as well) watched the most pathetic 4 yrs ever of syracuse football while some people gave up their tickets because of that... i sat there year after year like the dummy hoping something good will come out of my bad investment of season tickets...i was right. doug came on and gave us a team we could actually be proud of again... i get the whole you gotta do whats best for the family but im a family man too but ive learned a long time ago always guard your comments and be careful how you say them because people will take them the wrong way down the road and thats what happened today in this situation...i get things change over course of time but you invest in season tickets or hell donate money for the better of the program...yes you have a right to be upset..as i said before. we turned a big corner with marrone, the job wasnt finished yet, i have no idea what impact this will do for the program going forward but im gonna guess it could set us back a couple of yrs which will suck. maybe not though who knows...

I haven't commented on this whole situation yet... but now that something has actually happened I will.

Like most (some I'm sure are glad) I'm disappointed that he is leaving because I think he was building a winning program here and he was a good ambassador for SU, but I understand that he is a competetive football coach and that the ultimate goal for just about any competitive football coach is to be a head coach in the NFL... there is no higher challenge than that. He was on that track when he was hired 4 years ago, and instead he came into SU, his "dream job", and resurrected the program from the depths of despair... now he has an opportunity to go back to the NFL and achieve another dream/goal. Doug Marrone doesn't owe us (SU fans) anything else in my opinion... now it's time to make another good hire and keep the line moving.

In the short term, it's painful for the fans, recruits, and current players but once a new coach is identified then everyone can move on... the next week or so is going to be critical for the near term success of the Syracuse football program depending on how SU handles the situation and who they hire. Hopefully they choose wisely.

I noticed Eric has gone with the capitalization of every word strategy in his tweet. To me, that's exhausting it implement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom