This just in -Kevin Durant is awesome | Syracusefan.com

This just in -Kevin Durant is awesome

SourShoes

2nd String
If Im starting an NBA team, I take Durant over anyone..including James

Lebron James is the best player on the planet and anyone who says otherwise doesn't know basketball.

That being said--Durant looked like a man out there tonight. Cannot believe a single team had a 50 pt player, 40 pt player, and a player with a triple double..and almost lost.

Lebron James is the best player on the planet and anyone who says otherwise doesn't know basketball.

That being said--Durant looked like a man out there tonight. Cannot believe a single team had a 50 pt player, 40 pt player, and a player with a triple double..and almost lost.
I can't believe a team scored 124 poitns and only had 3 guys score more than 11pts...

If Im starting an NBA team, I take Durant over anyone..including James

Kevin Durant is awesome (and, btw...he's potentially a better person than a basketball player). I have had the opportunity to spend some personal time with him and he is a top notch individual. Maybe more different than anyone else I have ever met. Easily one of the most self aware and genuinely interested in everything going on around him individuals.

That said...you are absolutely bananas if you think you would start a team with anyone but LeBron James. And after that...you take Dwight Howard. Then Durant.

44cuse

That said...you are absolutely bananas if you think you would start a team with anyone but LeBron James. And after that...you take Dwight Howard. Then Durant.

Agreed. Lebron is playing at a ridiculous level right now, the guy is shooting 55%!

But Durant is also incredible; just effortless. I couldnt believe how easily he scored the game tying bucket last night.

Durant is great... but he is not the defender or creator that Lebron is. I think there is a fairly sizeable gap between 1 and 2 in the league this year.

Agreed. Lebron is playing at a ridiculous level right now, the guy is shooting 55%!

But Durant is also incredible; just effortless. I couldnt believe how easily he scored the game tying bucket last night.

I almost sent you a PM last week because it's too far OT to actually start a thread here (and to be fair, you and I are probably the only two people here that care). Essentially I was going to say the same thing. 55% and just absolutely playing at an incredible level.

And it's not possible to avoid the question: Are the Heat better without Wade? It's laughable that there are still people who think there are other NBA players better than LBJ (like him or not). But if you take that 6-8 game stretch where Wade was out, it's pretty easy to argue they were better.

And that goes back to everything we were talking about last year and a part of what makes him so good: He's unselfish.

44cuse

I almost sent you a PM last week because it's too far OT to actually start a thread here (and to be fair, you and I are probably the only two people here that care). Essentially I was going to say the same thing. 55% and just absolutely playing at an incredible level.

And it's not possible to avoid the question: Are the Heat better without Wade? It's laughable that there are still people who think there are other NBA players better than LBJ (like him or not). But if you take that 6-8 game stretch where Wade was out, it's pretty easy to argue they were better.

And that goes back to everything we were talking about last year and a part of what makes him so good: He's unselfish.

44cuse

I saw this referenced somewhere else. PER isn't the end all be all stat, but it's something. Lebron has a 32.89 PER this year, which I think would be the all time high. Second is Wade (yeah, Miami is pretty good). 27.36. The difference between #1 and #2 is roughly the same as the difference between #2 and #24. (Andrew Bynum). He's lapping the league. (Btw, Lin is currently #9, with a higer usage rate than Lebron. He's third in the league in usage rate).

All that being said, he has to win a title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom