This NBA Draft has felt extremely unprofessional | Syracusefan.com

This NBA Draft has felt extremely unprofessional

jekelish

Living Legend
I mean, from start to finish. From David Stern egging on the crowd to everything involving Bill Simmons saying inappropriate and douchey things all night, this has been a really awkward draft to watch.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but this just feels like a really horribly produced draft.

I mean, from start to finish. From David Stern egging on the crowd to everything involving Bill Simmons saying inappropriate and douchey things all night, this has been a really awkward draft to watch.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but this just feels like a really horribly produced draft.

Actually, was just having a similar conversation. Couldn't agree more--good observations, across the board.

You could tell when Simmons was going off on Rivers, the other commentators didn't know what to say. Very awkward moment and Simmons didn't want to let it go. Is a a Celtics season ticket holder? I think the Celts will struggle big time but in the NBA you're not down for that long. Look at what Cleveland is starting to put together...

This draft misses Hubie Brown.

I have to say though, I was cracking up at Stern's antics though. He did it last year too, but not to the same extent.

This draft had it all.

David Stern being a horrible commissioner? Check.

Awkward commentating? Check.

Calipari stealing thunder away from the draftees? Check.

Player mentioning his "locked up" brother? Check.

This draft misses Hubie Brown.

I have to say though, I was cracking up at Stern's antics though. He did it last year too, but not to the same extent.

I laughed the first two or three times. But then he did the little hand gestures literally every time he got to the podium. I mean come on, at least get some diversity with your egging on, Stern.

I laughed the first two or three times. But then he did the little hand gestures literally every time he got to the podium. I mean come on, at least get some diversity with your egging on, Stern.

Agreed, he did do it too many times.

This draft had it all.

David Stern being a horrible commissioner? Check.

Awkward commentating? Check.

Calipari stealing thunder away from the draftees? Check.

Player mentioning his "locked up" brother? Check.

It was like a Stefon SNL skit

David Stern is an idiot. I never liked him for some reason, but my opinion was solidified a few months back when he was interviewed during a game and just seemed pissed to be talking to the interviewer and if wasn't even a touchy subject.

My second rant...why can't the NBA be like every other league in the history of civilization and let teams trade draft picks instead of draft rights?! How many guys got interviewed tonight wearing the hat of a team they will never play for?!

All I kept Imagining was what Goodell would be doing if this was the NFL Draft. A horrible spectacle for the NBA. Stern has basically done the opposite of finishing his tenure strong.

I thought Stern was hilarious. He's been booed for years, and certainly handles it well.

The players were average, so the event did not have a big time feel.

David Stern is an idiot. I never liked him for some reason, but my opinion was solidified a few months back when he was interviewed during a game and just seemed pissed to be talking to the interviewer and if wasn't even a touchy subject.

My second rant...why can't the NBA be like every other league in the history of civilization and let teams trade draft picks instead of draft rights?! How many guys got interviewed tonight wearing the hat of a team they will never play for?!

Baseball does not allow any trading of picks.

I thought Stern was hilarious. He's been booed for years, and certainly handles it well.

The players were average, so the event did not have a big time feel.

I agree on both counts. The booing is schtick, and Stern handled it very well--and got a classy round of applause at the end.

I also agree that the lackluster talent was why the draft felt blah.

Stern rocks, you have to be a real stiff not to enjoy his antics. It was his last draft. I would have been pissed to if during that interview. It was obvious he was enjoing the game.
Simmons is a douche. I think the thought in every ones head was 'Dude lighten up Doc Rivers has done more for the Celtics than you ever did'. Another Celtic ahole.
Shane Battier was great. He brought the class and professionalism.

I like Stern and his supervillainy but a lot of last night and it's coverage was over the top.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I completely agree about David Stern. If he did it once after the first time he was booed, so be it. But that little hand gesture for more booing during literally every pick? It was just awful.

Yeah, I enjoyed the first couple times Stern did it, but then he kept doing it every single time. He was enjoying his Vince McMahon status a little too much last night. More power to him, I guess, as it's his last time.

I did think it was classy to have Hakeem come out and salute him in that same tuxedo from the 84 draft.

I kind of wish David Stern went all out and did the Hulk Hogan cup the ear routine.

because of the the cap works. The trade has to fit under the cap.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom