This place is really crazy... | Syracusefan.com

This place is really crazy...

Loose Nukes

Walk On
I mostly lurk. I just kind of sit back and read through all of these threads. I enjoy it. Sometimes though I can't believe how nuts some of the people on this board are. I mean... I get it... we need things to talk about, especially this early in the season. That being said do we really need to claim Trevor Cooney sucks based on 4 of his games or claim Grant the next coming of Christ because of one solid game. How about CJ Fair, he's a complete shitbird now isn't he? and of course $%&# SCOOP we could have won the title if it wasn't for him and JB conspiring to keep MCW on the bench. I mean, i'm not saying that we can't evaluate these things, but really, could we at least try and act like we are semi intelligent when discussing these matters. I've read so many grand proclamations on this board over the last two weeks that I've lost track. Everyone please settle down, it's ok to be unsure sometimes, you don't have to be the Nostradamus of Syracuse basketball to be liked.

Everything you said is true ... except

could we at least try and act like we are semi intelligent

The answer to that is so false... that false isn't even a valid response to its question

Syracuse fans are a lucky bunch. A consistently good team, with resources and the framework going forward to remain successful. While there have been disappointments, a run of four consecutive years (and a likely fifth) as a top three seed. How many teams have been a top 3 seed for five consecutive years since the expansion of the tourney?

My 3 favourite teams have always been: Syracuse Orange, Toronto Raptors (since 96) and the Montreal Expos. So yeah... things could be much worse. I know.

Maybe that's why things get carried away here. You always set expectations to the situation, and some people choose to go apeshit about things, because of those high aspirations.

I mostly lurk. I just kind of sit back and read through all of these threads. I enjoy it. Sometimes though I can't believe how nuts some of the people on this board are. I mean... I get it... we need things to talk about, especially this early in the season. That being said do we really need to claim Trevor Cooney sucks based on 4 of his games or claim Grant the next coming of Christ because of one solid game. How about CJ Fair, he's a complete shitbird now isn't he? and of course $%&# SCOOP we could have won the title if it wasn't for him and JB conspiring to keep MCW on the bench. I mean, i'm not saying that we can't evaluate these things, but really, could we at least try and act like we are semi intelligent when discussing these matters. I've read so many grand proclamations on this board over the last two weeks that I've lost track. Everyone please settle down, it's ok to be unsure sometimes, you don't have to be the Nostradamus of Syracuse basketball to be liked.
Aw, hell. Wait until we lose a few times. That's when it really gets good.

Syracuse fans are a lucky bunch. A consistently good team, with resources and the framework going forward to remain successful. While there have been disappointments, a run of four consecutive years (and a likely fifth) as a top three seed. How many teams have been a top 3 seed for five consecutive years since the expansion of the tourney?

My 3 favourite teams have always been: Syracuse Orange, Toronto Raptors (since 96) and the Montreal Expos. So yeah... things could be much worse. I know.

Maybe that's why things get carried away here. You always set expectations to the situation, and some people choose to go apeshit about things, because of those high aspirations.
where are you from the icy hell I call the american/british annex?

The "favourite" instead of "favorite" should also have given it away. I grew up in Eastern Ontario near the US / Canadian border. Living in the country and only having rabbit ears for TV, Syracuse was one of the more common basketball teams I would see on TV (including TV) in the late 80's... I just became more hardcore about them around 1990.

The "favourite" instead of "favorite" should also have given it away. I grew up in Eastern Ontario near the US / Canadian border. Living in the country and only having rabbit ears for TV, Syracuse was one of the more common basketball teams I would see on TV (including TV) in the late 80's... I just became more hardcore about them around 1990.
did you play hockey?

I'd say in a month and a half someone will start a "fire the coach thread".

did you play hockey?

Of course. But basketball became my passion in high school... even though I sucked at basketball (could never make the HS team) and played on the junior hockey team in the small town I was from.

Of course. But basketball became my passion in high school... even though I sucked at basketball (could never make the HS team) and played on the junior hockey team in the small town I was from.
come at me mfer... how old are you?

" you don't have to be the Nostradamus of Syracuse basketball to be liked."

who is this NOSTRiLDAMUS you speak of ? did he used to wear plaid?

Hey, it's all part of the experience here. People forget to take their meds and then they act as crazy as a fresh sprayed bug. The diversity of opinion is what keeps things lively in here. Every once in a while someone new comes in here and really stirs the pot. And of course the most fun of all is the " Thread run awry". Someone starts some innocuous thread and before you can even blink it morphs into the most ridiculous and arcane amalgam of insanity that tests the sensibilities of all who enter here.

No matter how detached from reality or devoid of pragmatic thought some notion is, if you hang out here long enough you will see it posted here under the guise of a rational opinion. Along with all of that there are some who post here that offer up pearls of wisdom on a fairly regular basis. There is much to be garnered from them. For all it's shortcomings this is a wonderful forum, warts and all.

As br801 mentioned above, wait until we get a loss or two... that's when it really gets dicey!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom