This stat sums up the 2020 season... | Syracusefan.com

This stat sums up the 2020 season...

PatMark

Walk On
Capture.PNG

3 points off of 17 turnovers gained is mind numbing. Kudos to the defense for getting us the ball. Would love to know what our average starting field position is off of these turnovers.

View attachment 190095

3 points off of 17 turnovers gained is mind numbing. Kudos to the defense for getting us the ball. Would love to know what our average starting field position is off of these turnovers.

You’re not wrong.

But - you’re also mistaken.
3 points is the NET margin, not the total.

Heck - our D has scored several TD’s off TO’s:
Garrett’s pick six, Trill’s lateral TD, I think Cisco had a pick-6 before he got hurt, and I wanna say somebody had a scoop 6 for us?

Anyway - our O has been unbelievably inept at “cashing in” points off of ALL the TO’s the D has gifted them.

You’re not wrong.

Garrett’s pick six, Trill’s lateral TD, I think Cisco had a pick-6 before he got hurt, and I wanna say somebody had a scoop 6 for us?

Anyway - our O has been unbelievably inept at “cashing in” points off of ALL the TO’s the D has gifted them.
GCA did.

So, if you come to watch a Syracuse game you're almost guaranteed to see dramatic momentum swings in both directions. At least we're entertaining!

You’re not wrong.

It's so weird to have 3 defensive TDs in 6 games and be 1-5.

You’re not wrong.

I think that may be the points scored by the offense after a turnover, the defense scoring is not included. A measure of offensive production after turnovers.

I think that may be the points scored by the offense after a turnover, the defense scoring is not included. A measure of offensive production after turnovers.
I don’t think it’s split that way from the one definition I could find.

I don’t think it’s split that way from the one definition I could find.
I was just going by the fact that no defensive scoring seemed to be included, at least in SUs case. I cannot say I am that familiar with the other teams listed scoring.

I was just going by the fact that no defensive scoring seemed to be included, at least in SUs case. I cannot say I am that familiar with the other teams listed scoring.
The original post is not correct as far as interpreting that we only scored 3 points off turnovers. Pretty sure it means we only scored 3 more points off of our turnovers than our opponents did.

The original post is not correct as far as interpreting that we only scored 3 points off turnovers. Pretty sure it means we only scored 3 more points off of our turnovers than our opponents did.
You may be right but I do not remember our offense scoring after a turnover other than a field goal. In any case not worth discussing further.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom