This team beats uconn gtown and st johns | Syracusefan.com

This team beats uconn gtown and st johns

And maybe South Carolina at barclays. sux because those are the games that will keep us out of the tourney assuming we go 9-9 or 10-8 in acc.

Are you saying I wont be able to tell Doug Gottleib he sucks at the Final F*** this year?!?!

And maybe South Carolina at barclays. sux because those are the games that will keep us out of the tourney assuming we go 9-9 or 10-8 in acc.

I disagree on SC but I'd add BC on the road... the problem is they are maddeningly inconsistent on D and somewhat on O. BC did us a big favor by not coming ready to play at all today. Tons of unforced turnovers and once we start feeling confident we are decent (still not upper tier level ACC level IMHO). It's probably no coincidence there have been almost zero close games all year.

There is no discounting that Battle becoming less a freshman and healthy makes a HUGE difference too. I also think if you can progress the other freshman TT to the point of being "not awful" at zone D this team could get even better and deeper.

Yup, same as last year. We would've handled St John's and Georgetown at any other point in the season last year.

No Hopkins to blame this year. Cant blame Devo either for his recent work with the guards driving. Maybe GMac can become a target of abuse soon. Oh, wait...

I disagree on SC but I'd add BC on the road... the problem is they are maddeningly inconsistent on D and somewhat on O. BC did us a big favor by not coming ready to play at all today. Tons of unforced turnovers and once we start feeling confident we are decent (still not upper tier level ACC level IMHO). It's probably no coincidence there have been almost zero close games all year.

There is no discounting that Battle becoming less a freshman and healthy makes a HUGE difference too.

The negative energy in his foot has made its voodoo way to Lydon.

The way we are playing now UConn, Gtown, St.John's and @ BC are wins. Those losses will also be the reason we don't make the tourney if we don't.

Can't give you South Carolina, because the Gamecocks look like they are pretty damn good-- read today that it's only the second time in school history they started the SEC conference schedule 3-0, and their star Thornwell was suspended when they lost a couple of non-league games in December.

As for the other 3, will give you that, except for the fact we usually seem to have one "WT F" loss. So really should be 13-5 now even with a WT_F loss (it self edits the other way), or 14-4 if we don't. The UCONN game is the one that still kills me to this day, for 2 different reasons (besides the fact they suck). Mainly the fact we shot 25.9% from the floor, the worst shooting game in my lifetime (at least that I remember). Or to look at this another way, if we only had just an atrocious 30% shooting game, we win the ballgame!!! Secondly, once we made the comeback in the final minute, and White tied it with the dramatic three with 10 seconds left I thought we would pull it out---that lame foul call on Battle on a loose ball rebound with a second left was asinine (not to mention the "buzzkill" of buzzkills for us at the Garden who hadn't even finished high-fiving the miracle three yet--and yes, although "miracle" might be a bit of a stretch, the fact is we were 5-25 at the time from distance).

Last edited:
Sure, at home. Not confident they'd beat Cornell on the road. Hoping they're something other than awful for the first time on Monday.

Sure, at home. Not confident they'd beat Cornell on the road. Hoping they're something other than awful for the first time on Monday.

Yeah, this next game at UNC will tell us a lot about how "for real" this team is. A win or a close loss and I'm ready to say they've turned a corner. They still have not won a game away from the dome this year. A blowout loss and it's back to square one.

Yeah, this next game at UNC will tell us a lot about how "for real" this team is. A win or a close loss and I'm ready to say they've turned a corner. They still have not won a game away from the dome this year. A blowout loss and it's back to square one.

I think the Va Tech game was much more telling, the fact that we weren't really even competitive against a middle of the pack acc team, I don't expect to win at Unc, Fsu is a really good team, and look what Unc did to them today.

I think the Va Tech game was much more telling, the fact that we weren't really even competitive against a middle of the pack acc team, I don't expect to win at Unc, Fsu is a really good team, and look what Unc did to them today.
Not expecting a victory but looking for them to be competitive.

I think the Va Tech game was much more telling, the fact that we weren't really even competitive against a middle of the pack acc team
I think that game was only indicative of the team's lack of depth. Because of foul trouble, the team was forced to play too many minutes without its best line up. Lyndon's injury was a huge setback as well. He wasn't on the floor for the last four minutes of the game. This team is not deep enough to overcome any foul trouble or injuries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom