This team could be good | Syracusefan.com

This team could be good

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
I'm really starting to get the sense that there are support players on this team who are still just contributing at half speed of where they will be by the end of the year. Geno, Marek, Sidibe, Oshae...

We're playing pretty well as a unit and the offensive flow looks so much better every single game. Running the zone offense through Marek is a thing of beauty, the kid is just scratching the surface. Frank's good numbers this preseason are comparable to Frank last year preseason, but he just looks so much more confident and steady out there.

Tyus is a beast. One of the best guards in America hands down.

We have the pieces. I get the feeling there will be some rough bumps along the way, but this team is going to be a lot better than most were thinking even a week ago.

I don't know about good, but I agree that this the team will be better than many of us were imagining.

Last year's team was like a jigsaw puzzle where the pieces didn't fit together. The whole was less than the sum of its part --a rarity in JB's tenure. This team is coming together well, with roles more clearly defined. They also like to play defense.

It is fun watching them but when ACC play starts I worry defenses will focus on Tyus and hope that others can step up- not so sure there. Also big bodies are gonna pound Cuse’s skinny ones... maybe to little effect but maybe not. Love the quickness and D and that 7-8 really contribute. Very likeable group

It is fun watching them but when ACC play starts I worry defenses will focus on Tyus and hope that others can step up- not so sure there. Also big bodies are gonna pound Cuse’s skinny ones... maybe to little effect but maybe not. Love the quickness and D and that 7-8 really contribute. Very likeable group
I'm not so worried about big bodies because they're aren't a ton of them anymore. With positionless basketball and one/two and dones, there aren't a bunch of mammoth bigs running around in CBB.

I'm sure UNC has some 5* giants who are triple seniors somehow, but aside from them, our size and length should hopefully offset the lack of strength a bit.

I know the opponent was pretty bad, but we grew the lead in the first half when he was on the bench.

I'm feeling a bit uneasy with Brissett around the perimeter so much; like he's being wasted or something. I do get that there are only so many minutes for the forward, and that he can hit the three - but not at a great percentage. Maybe he'll develop more of a handle and drive in a bit more, or pass more or shoot mid-range jumpers. Or even rebound more.

I recall tall Southerland roaming a lot, but his shot threat forced other coaches to use a top defender to chase him around.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom