This team does nothing well | Syracusefan.com

This team does nothing well

Well it is. Bunch of average players right now. Accept the reality.

Overall team IQ is extremely low. Messing up transition plays, missing open players, no team talk on D. I don't see a lot of it getting that much better.

Any time the crowd gets into it, we don't make a play. It's comically bad.

Well it is. Bunch of average players right now. Accept the reality.

Overall team IQ is extremely low. Messing up transition plays, missing open players, no team talk on D. I don't see a lot of it getting that much better.

Any time the crowd gets into it, we don't make a play. It's comically bad.
It is a good thing they don't give out any trophies in Dec.

It is a good thing they don't give out any trophies in Dec.
If we lose today short of going 11-7 or 12-6 in the ACC we aren't making the NCAAT.
JB put huge expectations on this team and the guard specifically the PG play is awful.

this team is not tough and our guard play may be the worst among major schools in the country.

more than this team in this game, when the crowd is ready to rock with momentum?

Scary how many times that has happened.

The biggest issue is Lydon not getting the ball as much as he should, well, maybe not having a point guard is part of that problem.

Was just thinking this... as our shooter misses the front-end of a 1 and 1...

Doesn't finish well
Doesn't defend the inside well
Doesn't defend the perimeter well
Doesn't rebound well
Gets very few steals
Doesn't really shoot well
Doesn't have an inside game
Doesn't drive well

Just a very mediocre team overall with the worst guard play I've seen at Syracuse in forever. Gillon is just too small to play at this level and he almost single handedly lost this game with his umpteen missed layups. Howard is just lost at this level... period.

we got alot of dudes but something is seriously missing. uconn and gtown are not good, this shouldnt be happening
The PG play is abysmal. Can't have any kind of offense without good PG play. Since we don't score,opponent gets a lot of sets before the zone can get set up. Just bad, bad, bad.

The only positive is that we fed Lydon as the game went on and he played like a man, with some decisiveness and fire. Don't know why it took until game 10.

Who were the people telling me he can't score in the post? He's unstoppable in there when we actually get him the ball. Though part of that is on him getting position too. Once he's got it, that touch is too good. Keep feeding him down there. He's gotta be '96 John Wallace for this team. Nobody else is all that good.

What's even worse is that it honestly appears the team has regressed since November. It's like that back-to-back beat down from SC and Wisc made them doubt everything and now they're just stuck. I really, truly thought we'd have struggles/growing pains into Jan but that we'd see steady improvement along the way. Not the case at all.

Stick a fork in it. Howard and Gillon are busts. Bunch of free agents going through the motions. No fire, no passion pushed around all day. It is the ultimate irony that this performance occurred on the day we were honoring one of the greatest competitors to ever wear Orange.

The only one who appears to give a flying flock out there is Tyler.

Last edited:
Collapses under pressure like an
egg-shelled submarine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors