This team has been off its color for a long time... | Syracusefan.com

This team has been off its color for a long time...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
You guys are going to laugh when you read this.

There has been a trend of our team playing with more iq then fire since being number one. A trend of pressure. A trend of our guys taking tough shots and making easy makes look like tough misses. We have been thoughtfull, but lacking the control of games, with a constant trend of feeling the pressure on our backs with a lack of creativity. Alot of one on one ball. And thats not what the color ORANGE is all about.

We have been so hard on these kids breaking down every little thing they do, and have been watching everybody's potential more closely. They really need a fun game at full strength where everyone just plays awesome together clicking on full cylinders. They need a inspirational energy boost instead of boring by the numbers after game thoughts. And This drought will not last.

This is not what the color ORANGE is all about. Its about Creativity, Exploration, Involvment, Curiosity, Thoughtful Control, and Fun when things are tense!

From http://crystal-cure.com/orange.html
Orange Energy
While red is associated with fiery heat, orange is associated with the benign warmth of the sun. A dynamic color to be sure, orange offers a more thoughtful control than explosive red. Curiosity is a driving characteristic of orange, and with it comes exploration of new things.

Put some orange in your life when you want:

• to spice things up when you feel time is dragging
  • to become more involved in something
  • to increase creativity
  • relief from things becoming too serious

BTW. Nobody in the NBA, the scouts, the coaches, Lebron, Melo, Durant ,Irving, Paul, Wade,(whoever) want to see grant or any other palyer banged up. They all have enjoyed watching what is highly likely the most athletic forward in the country this year. They want to see him knock down 3-4 high post shots a game and start to drive from the high post again successfully. They want to see him in Beast Mode. Nobody wanted to see Dajuan Coleman out for the season either, what a rough loss.

Last edited:
A friend of mine who's a Carolina fan said that it didn't look like our team is having fun. I would have to agree. They seemed strained, like ... um, juice. (Ahem!)

You were brave to post that here. Every color has significance and has for thousands of years. Red of course is passion, green is healing (medical students have green shawls - cowls? - when they graduate), purple is for royalty, etc. Orange is a great color! I used to not like it, but now I have so much in my wardrobe it's ridiculous. And it looks great!

So, yeah, let's hope our guys play like their color and wouldn't it be good to see some smiles and some 'tude?

You guys are going to laugh when you read this.

There has been a trend of our team playing with more iq then fire since being number one. A trend of pressure. A trend of our guys taking tough shots and making easy makes look like tough misses. We have been thoughtfull, but lacking the control of games, with a constant trend of feeling the pressure on our backs with a lack of creativity. Alot of one on one ball. And thats not what the color ORANGE is all about.

We have been so hard on these kids breaking down every little thing they do, and have been watching everybody's potential more closely. They really need a fun game at full strength where everyone just plays awesome together clicking on full cylinders. They need a inspirational energy boost instead of boring by the numbers after game thoughts. And This drought will not last.

This is not what the color ORANGE is all about. Its about Creativity, Exploration, Involvment, Curiosity, Thoughtful Control, and Fun when things are tense!

From http://crystal-cure.com/orange.html
Orange Energy
While red is associated with fiery heat, orange is associated with the benign warmth of the sun. A dynamic color to be sure, orange offers a more thoughtful control than explosive red. Curiosity is a driving characteristic of orange, and with it comes exploration of new things.

Put some orange in your life when you want:

• to spice things up when you feel time is dragging
  • to become more involved in something
  • to increase creativity
  • relief from things becoming too serious

BTW. Nobody in the NBA, the scouts, the coaches, Lebron, Melo, Durant ,Irving, Paul, Wade,(whoever) want to see grant or any other palyer banged up. They all have enjoyed watching what is highly likely the most athletic forward in the country this year. They want to see him knock down 3-4 high post shots a game and start to drive from the high post again successfully. They want to see him in Beast Mode. Nobody wanted to see Dajuan Coleman out for the season either, what a rough loss.

Nice post, I like seeing something different on here. I just wished you had saved it until tomorrow night, because I made myself stay sober until the weekend for a change ;) But aside from my own self interests, great post, would love to see more like this. I'm listening to Bill Walton while reading this and have a smile on my face.