This team has great hands | Syracusefan.com

This team has great hands

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
I know it's a small sample size but one of the things that I am most impressed with is the ability of this team to catch/grab the ball. I''m all in on Marek and one of the reason is he catches anything he touches. PC has good mitts too which is huge as his hands are above everyone. Battle - excellent hands too.

Those hands will be important as we move forward as we aren't going to out muscle anyone, and the ability to seize control of the ball at the first opportunity is huge.

I was thinking the same last night. When is the last time we had so many big guys that catch the ball every single time. Never?

It is noticeable. One play there was a loose ball and Marek reached down and snared it before anyone else even made a move for it. He dished it out and we were on the move. It is a simple play, but the quickness and cleanliness with which he grabbed the ball may have not only saved a possession, but put us in a fast break opportunity.

I've seen the same thing on loose balls but it seems like MD and MM have a bit of an issue occasionally corralling the ball on rebounds in traffic. Could be due to their strength, or they just need to get used to grabbing boards against real competition, and not just teammates in practice.

I know it's a small sample size but one of the things that I am most impressed with is the ability of this team to catch/grab the ball. I''m all in on Marek and one of the reason is he catches anything he touches. PC has good mitts too which is huge as his hands are above everyone. Battle - excellent hands too.

Those hands will be important as we move forward as we aren't going to out muscle anyone, and the ability to seize control of the ball at the first opportunity is huge.

I particularly noticed this with Chukwu last night. Really did a nice job catching the ball. Overall showing much more coordination than I thought he had in him

Last edited:
For about the last ten years I've been telling my buddy they need to have a "stickum" coach on this team. Maybe a new formula has been invented wherein it is invisible ;);)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom