This team has NO ONIONS | Syracusefan.com

This team has NO ONIONS

Cuse_NYC

Starter
Never have I seen a less inspired Cuse team in my life. Even last years team, would dig a hole, but would do everything they could to get out of it. We just go through the motions and it doesn’t seem to bother anyone. BC hit 14 3’s blah blah. Almost all of them were uncontested. Our defense even looked lazy in a must win. Really disappointing.

Never have I seen a less inspired Cuse team in my life. Even last years team, would dig a hole, but would do everything they could to get out of it. We just go through the motions and it doesn’t seem to bother anyone. BC hit 14 3’s blah blah. Almost all of them were uncontested. Our defense even looked lazy in a must win. Really disappointing.
No argument. I think they are just spent. That was as bad a defensive effort as the St. John’s game last year. Offense...1 guy dribbling and 4 pegs in the ground. Glad it’s almost over.

I think players know what's up and losing against UNC they sensed the tourney hopes were over. Last two games there hasn't appeared to be a lot of desire.
Why were the tourney hopes over? Everyone still had us last 4 out on avg. If we we won these last 2, we would have been in the tournament in a majority of expert’s eyes. BC and Clem wins, and a win in BK most likely would have done it.

I’d MD sees the court in meaningful points in ganes next year , it means we have failed again

Or hopefully it means that his offense has improved so much that he earned the minutes. OB and Baze probably get the bulk of minutes, but we will still need something out of Marek. I think this year will be a developmental year in which he gains confidence going forward. He has a good basketball mind.

Most of that is fiction. Tonight was one of the few times this team has been dominated. Last year's team regularly threw in clunkers, despite having more firepower.

No leadership. In the coup de gras of Must win games, they played decidedly uninspired and really flat out poor. 70 points should be enough to win. It came down to lazy turnover after lazy turnover., not getting back on D, and poor rebounding which is hustle and desire. All while facing a one trick pony in BC who jacks up a ton of threes. My old coach used to say if your shot isn't falling, you can always hustle, rebound and defend... Wouldn't surprise me if there is some inner turmoil.

No leadership. In the coup de gras of Must win games, they played decidedly uninspired and really flat out poor. 70 points should be enough to win. It came down to lazy turnover after lazy turnover., not getting back on D, and poor rebounding which is hustle and desire. All while facing a one trick pony in BS who jacks up a ton of threes. My old coach used to say if your shot isn't falling, you can always hustle, rebound and defend... Wouldn't surprise me if there is some inner turmoil.
Exactly, a team where we only needed to focus on shooters. Bigs couldn’t do a thing. Really disappointing.

I think players know what's up and losing against UNC they sensed the tourney hopes were over. Last two games there hasn't appeared to be a lot of desire.
They still had tourney hopes going into tonight and they didn't show up.

Don't disagree about tonight's efforts, but think you are wrong if you're talking about the season as a whole.

This team has played harder than almost any team in JB's tenure over the course of a season.

Don't disagree about tonight's efforts, but think you are wrong if you're talking about the season as a whole.

This team has played harder than almost any team in JB's tenure over the course of a season.
Prob more of an overreaction to tonight, but lately we don’t seem to have life.

Looks like this team has just worn down. No bench. The 3 key guys play 40 minutes every game. It takes a toll.

Looks like this team has just worn down. No bench. The 3 key guys play 40 minutes every game. It takes a toll.
BC has similar problem and they looked energized.

This team has played hard in most of the games this season. And I’m not sure it was as much of a lack of effort against BC as it was BC just schooling us with a great movement and passing on offense. They figured out how to attack the zone and they did it effectively. They were well prepared and knew where to find holes in the zone. But they also shot extremely well.

I disagree that we gave up. This was an important game, and the players knew it. JB said we only had 3 scorers. True, but we scored 70 points. But we gave up 85.

They're tired and it's a poor team with poor coaching. The kids play hard, but just don't have the skills.