This team has some guts! | Syracusefan.com

This team has some guts!

Flacusian

All Conference
There were several inexplicable plays that had my stomach turning somersaults but I have to salute the effort the team put forth tonight. Christmas was nothing short of unbelievable and Cooney was much the same. That shot falling out of bounds in the corner with Wilbekin in his face was spectacular. Great effort by the team and we have to be happy with this win on the heels of the MacCullough injury. Well done!!!!!

There were several inexplicable plays that had my stomach turning somersaults but I have to salute the effort the team put forth tonight. Christmas was nothing short of unbelievable and Cooney was much the same. That shot falling out of bounds in the corner with Wilbekin in his face was spectacular. Great effort by the team and we have to be happy with this win on the heels of the MacCullough injury. Well done!!!!!

the effort put forth when? we wouldn't have been in this situation if we didnt get beat to every single loose ball - which is effort. We wouldn't be in this situation if we didnt give up wide open looks over and over again to the 1 guy who didnt miss - which is either the zone's fault or effort. On gbinje's missed game winning layup because he went up with his right on a lefty layup?

Im glad we won and Im glad we gutted it out. But the effort wasn't really there for 45 minutes.

CusefanATL said:
the effort put for when? we wouldn't have been in this situation if we didnt get beat to every single loose ball - which is effort. We wouldn't be in this situation if we didnt give up wide open looks over and over again to the 1 guy who didnt miss - which is either the zone's fault or effort.

In this situation? The situation is that we won, man. Enjoy it for at least a bit.

Hah?
Signed,
Tyler Roberson

Yeah Tyler, you were the culprit in quite a few of those loose balls going to wake. But you did get a huge rebound in that OT.

wake shot 48 percent and 14-19 from the line, and outrebounded us by 7. Both teams with 20 assists,
rak with 35 g 3 assists shy of a triple double, and cooney with 21 points 4 steals.

Roberson xmas and gbinije 11 10 and 9 boards, all but 4 of our boards.
Just insane

Yeah Tyler, you were the culprit in quite a few of those loose balls going to wake. (nice quick edit)
But not the 4 offensive rebounds and numerous tip outs. Good one.
3378-bfc6f5dbdfba47a25af88f0fd33f4934.png

the effort put forth when? we wouldn't have been in this situation if we didnt get beat to every single loose ball - which is effort. We wouldn't be in this situation if we didnt give up wide open looks over and over again to the 1 guy who didnt miss - which is either the zone's fault or effort. On gbinje's missed game winning layup because he went up with his right on a lefty layup?

Im glad we won and Im glad we gutted it out. But the effort wasn't really there for 45 minutes.

Mostly short bench related. We played 7, they played 10.

Mostly short bench related. We played 7, they played 10.

Kind of... but we played with effort the last 5 min of reg and 5 min of OT.

And really we only played 6. BJ got like 2 min I think. And Kaleb didnt see anytime like the last 10 min.

It would seem that you might not appreciate the fact that the team won in spite of playing through a plethora of difficulties. They are having to play with a truncated lineup and are also adjusting to the psychological aspect of not having one of their key players. You are quick to point out all of the deficiencies of the team but it can be much more enjoyable if you put your focus on the positive aspects.

There were reasons for each of the things you list and it wasn't entirely on account of lack of effort. I can assure you of that. The other team was playing at a level that they aren't normally accustomed to play at and they got 26 points from a guy that we likely didn't even know existed prior to the game. Enjoy the positive... there was plenty of that to consume and enjoy.

You can't run 5 miles at the same pace you run one.

It would seem that you might not appreciate the fact that the team won in spite of playing through a plethora of difficulties. They are having to play with a truncated lineup and are also adjusting to the psychological aspect of not having one of their key players. You are quick to point out all of the deficiencies of the team but it can be much more enjoyable if you put your focus on the positive aspects.

There were reasons for each of the things you list and it wasn't entirely on account of lack of effort. I can assure you of that. The other team was playing at a level that they aren't normally accustomed to play at and they got 26 points from a guy that we likely didn't even know existed prior to the game. Enjoy the positive... there was plenty of that to consume and enjoy.

This is our team for the rest of the season.

I didnt post all of the deficiencies. I pointed out the lack of effort. With 7 min to go in the 2nd half - EVERYONE on here agreed the effort was poor when Wake was on a 41-22 run.

The first 5 minutes and the last 10-12 minutes seemed to be good effort.

I didnt post all of the deficiencies. I pointed out the lack of effort. With 7 min to go in the 2nd half - EVERYONE on here agreed the effort was poor when Wake was on a 41-22 run.

:)

I just think they were tired. That's going to happen a lot this year ATL so you might as well buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Loose balls are mostly about quickness which we don't have a lot of. The Greek guy going crazy is a scheme adjustment problem. Not lack of hustle. Our guys played crazy hard.

Like. A. Boss. G has come into his own. He needs to be part of the big three nearly every night for us to stay in these games.

Yes, tonight he dropped a 3 and then 2 FT's at critical junctures. It was great to see that, taking some of the pressure away from Rak & TC.

I just think they were tired. That's going to happen a lot this year ATL so you might as well buckle up and enjoy the ride.

It's hard to say this because I love to see hustle (like everyone else, I know) but learning how to pace themselves will be important his year. Such as knowing not to take yourself out over a loose ball. We can always get the ball back, but we cannot lose any more players. We can win games by knowing which battles to win.:noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom