This team... | Syracusefan.com

This team...

And i will say this: I have NEVER seen a player with the “bounce-back ability” of one Franklin Howard.
His mental toughness is really 2nd to none. These guys play through mistakes, win some /lose some, but you are guaranteed every game will be a dog fight.

Really. How mentally tough was it to push that NCSt kid 2x.
That’s the whole point, he plays the next game like all that is forgotten.
The kid has been solid mentally- not all the time, but enough to win games.
Give him credit where it’s due.

'member when you informed us all (over and over) that he wouldn't be on the team this year? that was cool
DE10F246-7092-4811-AE19-8A24392882C1.jpeg

'member when you informed us all (over and over) that he wouldn't be on the team this year? that was cool
I never said he would not be on the team. I did say I didn't think he would succeed. I have subsequently,and on numerous occasions, said Frank's proven me wrong. It doesn't mean he is above criticism. You can't call someone mentally tough who losses his head and commits stupid fouls.

Really. How mentally tough was it to push that NCSt kid 2x.
And what's the point of harping on something that has already been beaten to death in another thread.

Frank has shown far more positive play this year than any of us expected. Should he have done what he did in the last game? NO.
But why belabor the incident especially after the game he gave us today.

I never said he would not be on the team. I did say I didn't think he would succeed. I have subsequently,and on numerous occasions, said Frank's proven me wrong. It doesn't mean he is above criticism. You can't call someone mentally tough who losses his head and commits stupid fouls.
You clearly don’t like the kid and should refrain from posting about him individually. Frankly your comments on him are ridiculous.

After a solid effort and a win against a tourney level team on the road, the crybaby chorus will be quiet for a while. For the most part.
How can they be quiet when the Chancellor has hired top private eyes to find out if we are in the scope of the FBI. If only Jim Rochford was still alive.

You clearly don’t like the kid and should refrain from posting about him individually. Frankly your comments on him are ridiculous.
It is a valid critique. Frank should not have pushed that kid. The kid had no ill intent to Howard and even if he did, Howard is too valuable to us to potentially lose him over something foolish.

He would have sent Angel as compliance officer and found out the scoop.
My favorite line from Angel was when he and Rochford are captured by a mob guy. The mob guy says that he has to kill these two to send a message. Angel says why don't you kill Jimmy and I will tell everyone. Then they escape and Angel takes off in the car. Jimmy stops the car and Angel says where would you be if I didn't come back for you.

My favorite line from Angel was when he and Rochford are captured by a mob guy. The mob guy says that he has to kill these two to send a message. Angel says why don't you kill Jimmy and I will tell everyone. Then they escape and Angel takes off in the car. Jimmy stops the car and Angel says where would you be if I didn't come back for you.
He was a very accomplished back stabbing weasel. I know Rocky couldn't stand him.

The whole thread evolved from someone saying Frank is mentally tough. His actions have shown he is not.
Is he improved? Probably the most improved player in the country. Maybe the biggest 1 year jump I have ever seen.
Is he mentally tough? No. The mentally tough guy fights over the screen, rather than give up an easy 3.
Is he confident? Yes. It's not the same thing.
BTW. I have never met Frank. I don't like or dislike him. These are just my critiques of his play.

I'm confident this squad will make the tournament ... and once there, our backcourt is going to destroy 2 or 3 non conference opponents

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom