this team.. | Syracusefan.com

this team..

Orangezoo

In the wind
has the feel of the horrible collapse when we had the shumpert - williams drama just without the headlines and hopefully without the backstory. im hopeful this is just a holiday hangover after a first loss.. but it feels like more than just that..

I don't think it will be the case, but I agree that Shumpert/Williams situation came to mind for a moment as I was watching this game...

there is something behind the scenes ... not a 'team'
im usually always on the glass half full side but im glad i am not the only one who feels somewhat that way... the focus and concentration all the sudden just dissappeared.

im usually always on the glass half full side but im glad i am not the only one who feels somewhat that way... the focus and concentration all the sudden just dissappeared.
all since 'lord and taylor'

Michael Lord-Taylor not being suspended for his 'mistake' was the wrong message to give the team

The team is fine. JB purposely is playing spread offense today and its obvious. The Defense was almost good.
The only one who ran anything out of the high post and scrappy screens today was fair and that was only on two occasions late to put the game away(once being our best basket of the half). Triche did nothing today because he stayed away from the screen high post rolls for layups his bread and butter. 97% chance that was on purpose.

We knew preseason this team lacked the isolation players outside of maybe Mike. We were hopefully Coleman would be that guy but he has to stay on the floor to be. Cooney showed alittle today. Today clearly showed that we need better scoring outside of screens.

A good wakeup call for the team and the players of where they stand. A better one of where this team stands then the temple game. They have got to get better scoring one on one in the post /off jumpshots/perimeter drives or head back to the midpost ball(which probably won't make them a title contender in march).

canisius, detroit and temple should have been wake up calls.. that and i concur about the suspension.. kid needs to wipe the smirk and refocus..

I watched the game on mute today so I wouldn't be swayed by commentators. The problems are all mental.

MCW is still HEAVILY phased by the shoplifting incident. Not half the player he was before that. That my friends is the #1 reason it seems we have fallen off. Southerland cannot emotionally handle games getting out of hand. We took the game away as soon as MCW and Southerland went to the bench.

Cooney and Triche were level headed late in the game, Cooney more-so. I am enormously impressed with the emotional stability of CJ Fair. He is a rock out there and nothing seems to bother him. He is playing at an All Big-East level right now.

And the young guys? Are still young guys. They learn from the older players, and if the older players like Southerland start freaking out when the other team makes it close, the young guys will freak out as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom