This teams flaws were on display tonight | Syracusefan.com

This teams flaws were on display tonight

Flacusian

All Conference
The past couple seasons success has cast a patina of invincibility to some degree. I think that tonight's game demonstrated that this team can be very vulnerable when we don't get the great guard play that we've been so reliant on this season and which has been the powerplant of the offense.

Defensively we were not as sharp as we have been and Detroit forced us into playing most of the game from a half court set. Not developing a post up game and getting the ball down low to a big by any means outside of MCW driving into the lane and then dishing is going to cost us at some point. It almost cost us tonight.

Tonight we saw several people have a poor game. Brandon... well, I won't even go there. Christmas is beginning to demonstrate that he has turned the corner and should be utilized more as a scoring option. Not having the option to get the ball down low to a big or a post up game is making the offense very one dimensional and in turn it's making us predictable. Good teams are going to capitalize on that and we might not be able to hang on like we did tonight. When it got down to 2 possessions, and Triche was out, I found myself asking "So who is the go to guy that we can rely on to create and make a shot?". ...
All I heard in my head was crickets... not good.

Meh...we mailed it in. It wont happen again. I took nothing from it.

Not concerned. We relaxed with a 20 pt lead because pretty much every team we've played this year has given up with 7-8 minutes left. Detroit didn't, and we got burned. Good teaching point for JB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom