This Was Boeheim's Last Game | Syracusefan.com

This Was Boeheim's Last Game

Yeah, he’ll probably coach until he’s 85.

K will probably coach until he’s 95.

They both look like they have several years left in them.

No chance JB retires before he gets back to 1,000 wins.

He will retire when Buddy leaves. Agree, both he and K look like they can coach for years and years to come

1st to 1500?

v5zngo.jpg

I'm fairly certain that cyborg Jim Boeheim will still be coaching in the year 3565. He'll probably still pick his nose then also.

The B-1000: living tissue over a metal endoskeleton. Part man, part machine. Underneath it’s a hyper alloy coaching chassis. Fully zone capable. Very tough.

Friend and I joked tonight after they showed Buddy that we were witnessing watching the only coach in NCAA history to reach 1,000 wins twice. Obviously anyone with half a brain knows Boeheim has well over 1,000 wins, but you can just tell that CJB has plenty of fire left in him. He really likes this group that he has.

Somewhere on the SU campus, in a secret underground lab, surrounded by test tubes, Bunson burners, and cryogenic centrifuges, shadowy personnel in stained lab coats are painstakingly finalizing a 30 year plot to clone Coach B, planning to swap the new, younger version in for the outgoing model moments after he attends Buddy's graduation.

New JB's designers have already implanted audio receptors in their creation's ear canals so old JB can feed him wisdom gleaned over 5 decades of playing, coaching, and watching basketball, all as he watches comfortably from his underground "Hoops War Room" bunker, situated conveniently close to a cleverly chosen location in a temperate climate, where golf is played year-round, and old friends (former coaches all) can conveniently visit to swap game memories and amusing basketball anecdotes, and incessantly insult one another.

This bunker will be "unearthed" 1,000 years from now, where the mummified and cobwebbed remains of JB, coach K, Roy Williams, and Tom Izzo will be found facing one another, still comfortably ensconced in four cracked and dusty leather recliners, empty scotch glasses clutched in their bony fingers, and smiles still firmly in place on their weathered faces.

The barest whiff of a 21-year-old Macallan Single-malt will still linger in the air, and the archaeologists will all swear that at the moment the door to the bunker was cracked open they could hear, as if from a great distance, the roar of the Carrier Dome crowd and the raspy but still-clear voice of Bill Raftery...

"Sets the puppies and a little nylon!"

I can't imagine him retiring now. He seems to have more fire than ever.

I think this group of kids made it fun for him, and he's looking forward to next year. I think the sanctions (among other things) sort of dampened his enthusiasm until recently. Now it's back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom