This was Greensboro's revenge | Syracusefan.com

This was Greensboro's revenge

Zippy1808

2nd String
For us and the 'new' ACC stealing their signature event.
I said on the ride there that it was pretty rude for the news to get out before this tourney was over.
Let them have their moment in the sun.

Seriously though - Greensboro Coliseum is up there with any great arena, IMO.
23k seats and it felt huge.
They've sunk millions into renovations and it shows.
Really nice venue, without much left to host.
The neighborhood around it is dumpy, but so is MSG's when you open your eyes.

I wish I had another few games to watch at the Coliseum.

It was probably karma that we talked about NYC/MSG/Brooklyn all day and crapped on Greensboro. There was also too much banter about 1, 2 seeds, staying in the East, etc. We were smited by the college hoops Gods today, I guess.

yeah and on top of that it seems like a perfectly good place for a tourney. im not sure what Barclays adds to it

Yeah there's nothing wrong with it at all.
I hope the NCAA throws Greensboro a bone with lots more tournament hosting opportunities.
(As much as I will enjoy my 30 minute subway ride to Barclays... I'll come back here for a tournament again too... and hopefully see more than one game)

The only people crapping on the Greensboro Coliseum have never been there. It's a great arena and a great place for a big college bball game, given it's size and setup.

If you've gotta be able to go to strip clubs and buy 10 dollar beers after the Cuse game? Ok. Do your thing.

From a basketball standpoint, there's nothing wrong with Greensboro at all.

The only people crapping on the Greensboro Coliseum have never been there. It's a great arena and a great place for a big college bball game, given it's size and setup.

If you've gotta be able to go to strip clubs and buy 10 dollar beers after the Cuse game? Ok. Do your thing.

From a basketball standpoint, there's nothing wrong with Greensboro at all.
wait, are you saying there are no strip clubs in Greensboro? im not sure how anyone can enjoy a college basketball game without a steak, bourbon, and some strippers. yes that is a joke.

wait, are you saying there are no strip clubs in Greensboro? im not sure how anyone can enjoy a college basketball game without a steak, bourbon, and some strippers. yes that is a joke.

The NYC crowd seems to get a bit carried away. In between 1992 and 2005, we had ONE memorable/decent Big East tourney(1998 Blackwell game winner). 12 other years of nothing that nobody remembers or cares about(other than the Shumpert eye gouge and Moten triple threat stare 5 second call that we remember for the wrong reasons, I guess).

It got better recently, but really...it's 2005, the incredible 2006 run, the incredible Flynn OT game/WVU OT win and last years finals run. 5 good runs in 21 years. These guys act like they're just whooping it up, watching Cuse play quadruple OT title games against classic evil Georgetown power teams while sitting front row at the Garden and eating shrimp scampi every year.

In reality, they're overpaying for shitty rafter seats to watch us play uninspired ball and lose way too early on Thursday or Friday, and then sound asleep by 11 PM on Saturday night 75% of the time.

For us and the 'new' ACC stealing their signature event.
I said on the ride there that it was pretty rude for the news to get out before this tourney was over.
Let them have their moment in the sun.

Seriously though - Greensboro Coliseum is up there with any great arena, IMO.
23k seats and it felt huge.
They've sunk millions into renovations and it shows.
Really nice venue, without much left to host.
The neighborhood around it is dumpy, but so is MSG's when you open your eyes.

I wish I had another few games to watch at the Coliseum.
The tourney isn't moving out of Greensboro on a permanent basis. It will still be there on a rotational basis.