This writer has Syracuse at #10 in the ACC | Syracusefan.com

This writer has Syracuse at #10 in the ACC

HtownOrange

Living Legend
http://msn.foxsports.com/carolinas/story/acc-countdown-no-10-syracuse-070214

Still facing the uphill battle with lazy sports writers opinions. I do give the writer props for some analysis but they writer just cannot get over the recent history bias. Has the Orange winning 6 and going bowling, at least we have improved to where some people expect the Orange to play beyond November.

Fox Sports and the B1G are partners. Delaney has it for Cuse because he thought we were his beotch and he could have us anytime he wanted. When SU and Pitt jumped to the ACC it brought down his wrath , and we haven't got a fair shake from his network of media operatives or officials since. That is how I see it, bash away.

Fox Sports and the B1G are partners. Delaney has it for Cuse because he thought we were his beotch and he could have us anytime he wanted. When SU and Pitt jumped to the ACC it brought down his wrath , and we haven't got a fair shake from his network of media operatives or officials since. That is how I see it, bash away.
Some lowly internet blogger isn't carrying out some anti-Cuse agenda for the Big 10

This is WVU fans worthy - "ESPN is out to destroy us".

Cheers,
Neil

Some lowly internet blogger isn't carrying out some anti-Cuse agenda for the Big 10
It was confirmed that they employed lowly shills on Maryland sites to make it seem that the Maryland fanbase enthusiastically supported the move, which they don't.

My only issue with the article is his branding of a home game against Maryland as one we should/could lose. While not a gimme we will be favored.

It was confirmed that they employed lowly shills on Maryland sites to make it seem that the Maryland fanbase enthusiastically supported the move, which they don't.

That seems much more reasonable than the idea that a blogger think so were going to have a down year.

CousCuse said:

Really? First it was a very positive and upbeat article. Second, he has to put somebody in 10th. Off base.

CousCuse said:

Wasn't it MD themselves that had people posting the spin?

AgentOrange said:
Can't we get the Maryland Mole to confirm this?

No, since he's at a west coast school now.

This is WVU fans worthy - "ESPN is out to destroy us".

Cheers,
Neil
I actually do think that writers carry out their networks agenda. However, I don't think that either Fox or the B1G has it in for SU more than any other ACC school. My guess is that the only 4 SU games that he saw were the Minn game, the NW game, the FSU game, and the Clemson game and we got blown out in 3 of them and barely won the 4th. Combine that with the possibility if a faint memory of the GT game (blowout loss), and I can see where he's coming from.

Preseason prediction a are a complete joke in every way. No one knows how the future will go. I think it's comical at best. Who had Duke being as good as they were or had FSU as national champs?. The answer is no one. people just a assume SU sucks every year and they haven t for the past 4 years. For the most part they've been wrong about us every year and they are likely wrong again.

Preseason prediction a are a complete joke in every way. No one knows how the future will go. I think it's comical at best. Who had Duke being as good as they were or had FSU as national champs?. The answer is no one. people just a assume SU sucks every year and they haven t for the past 4 years. For the most part they've been wrong about us every year and they are likely wrong again.
All that is reasonable and sound. However, the B1G and the ACC are in a huge turf war for the northeast , so I don't think it's farfetched that there are factions in the media who act on directions from higher ups. In fact, I would be shocked if this wasn't the case. Syracuse is the only brand the ACC has in the northeast with enough history and tradition and ties to Gotham to be factor for the B1G to deal with . Hence, there is a target on the Orange.

http://msn.foxsports.com/carolinas/story/acc-countdown-no-10-syracuse-070214

Still facing the uphill battle with lazy sports writers opinions. I do give the writer props for some analysis but they writer just cannot get over the recent history bias. Has the Orange winning 6 and going bowling, at least we have improved to where some people expect the Orange to play beyond November.

Actually, a pretty fair analysis. His problem is that he fails to put enough emphasis on a bunch of sophomores growing up bit time as the season progresses. He didn't mention a new OC and a new offense as well as Hunt not starting for two games. The guy sees the tress but can't make out the forest.

He obviously has Pitt at number 9 or 8 which is silly.

We are going to beat Nova, CMU, Pitt, BC, NC State, Wake, MD and yes ND. That is all I have to say about that!

CousCuse said:
All that is reasonable and sound. However, the B1G and the ACC are in a huge turf war for the northeast , so I don't think it's farfetched that there are factions in the media who act on directions from higher ups. In fact, I would be shocked if this wasn't the case. Syracuse is the only brand the ACC has in the northeast with enough history and tradition and ties to Gotham to be factor for the B1G to deal with . Hence, there is a target on the Orange.

It's not being paranoid if they're really out to get you!

Fox owns 51% of the BTN. They are looking out for their investment.

CousCuse said:
Fox owns 51% of the BTN. They are looking out for their investment.

They're looking out for their investment by having some random blogger pick SU to finish 10th? Thats gonna be a game changer.

I had no problem with article until he/she (Lauren) got to the prediction portion. I stopped reading.

So in your world some lowly blogger/writer for the Fox Sports website is getting memos, emails, or a phone call saying to bash Syracuse every chance ya get? Give me a break. Are you serious?

You know how many people are reading the Fox Sports website? Not many. Know how many people are reading that specific article on their website...even less!! So if you think there is a grand conspiracy between, the Big10 and FOX to attack Syracuse through their website that is laughable. I mean what is the end game for the Big10 and Fox in your "conspiracy", to attack Syracuse so bad in the press to the point the ACC throws them out of the conference? What is there to gain by attacking Syracuse? Here is the answer: NOTHING!

I mean this is comical some of you actually believe this nonsense that you are spewing.

Sorry I don't live in pollyannaville. Nothing gets published on any major site without the OK of an editor , and they have daily meetings with their bosses to determine content. Syracuse is the only team in the east that posses a threat to B1G dominance in that market, it is the only team that has the storied history , hall of fame players and an alumni base that is centered in New York City. Wouldn't you want to do everything in your power if you were them to make it difficult for Syracuse to become dominant again?

CousCuse said:
Sorry I don't live in pollyannaville. Nothing gets published on any major site without the OK of an editor , and they have daily meetings with their bosses to determine content. Syracuse is the only team in the east that posses a threat to B1G dominance in that market, it is the only team that has the storied history , hall of fame players and an alumni base that is centered in New York City. Wouldn't you want to do everything in your power if you were them to make it difficult for Syracuse to become dominant again?

Maybe not, but you do live in conspiracythoeryburgh