This year's BET will be a wake | Syracusefan.com

This year's BET will be a wake

moqui

generational talent
the Catholics are about to make it official

if they do this, then the league should rescind the UConn ban and let them come to the final Garden Party.

I'm glad we are out, but it was a terrific basketball league for most of its history, and this will be the one BET that I would like to attend . . . make it a big, boisterous Irish wake, celebrating the rich life of the decedent.

if they do this, then the league should rescind the UConn ban and let them come to the final Garden Party.

I'm glad we are out, but it was a terrific basketball league for most of its history, and this will be the one BET that I would like to attend . . . make it a big, boisterous Irish wake, celebrating the rich life of the decedent.

They should invite UConn, but in a way, too painful. I don't want to watch it. It's just a wake.

Glad I made one. year before Gerry went nuts but also a Cuse championship (beat Uconn in the semis despite being 0-2 in the reg season)...Always thought we'd end up with more BET titles than the hoyas or huskies...guess we're never gonna have the most conference tourney titles.. anywhere

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

They should invite UConn, but in a way, too painful. I don't want to watch it. It's just a wake.

They shouldn't have to give up the BE. Really there should be some agreement for next year so the football schools get to play in a BCS conference. Then get all the football schools to create a football conference and let uconn and Cincinnati keep their other sports in the BE with the Catholics.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

. Leave them home with a babysitter and let them stay up until halftime before sending them off to bed.

It'd be amazing to win the BET this year. Nothing like walking away with the final Big East title as the conference burns to the ground.

I suppose i'm happy we're out and not floundering somewhere, but I loved this hoops league. Loved it. Still do. And the BE tourney is one of the few sporting events I still love to attend. It will truly be a wake and a depressing reality for me this season. The thought of going to greensboro makes me want to vomit.

What is the proper grieving process? The Big East is our baby and we're leaving it behind.

I suppose i'm happy we're out and not floundering somewhere, but I loved this hoops league. Loved it. Still do. And the BE tourney is one of the few sporting events I still love to attend. It will truly be a wake and a depressing reality for me this season. The thought of going to greensboro makes me want to vomit.

Don't worry you will be able to stroll down Broadway on your way to the ACC Tournament. If you think MSG is going to hold a tournament for the "7 Catholic schools & friends" you are mistaken they have already said there is an out clause in the contract based on league composition.

They should invite Connecticut either way. We got to play in 1993 despite being ineligible for the postseason.

They should invite Connecticut either way. We got to play in 1993 despite being ineligible for the postseason.

warning: reply from marsh coming...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

warning: reply from marsh coming...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Haha, I feel the same way.

No better way to express that to them than beating them on the Garden floor one last time. Would make up for that awful run in the late-'90s where they beat us and outdrew us nearly every March.

Don't worry you will be able to stroll down Broadway on your way to the ACC Tournament. If you think MSG is going to hold a tournament for the "7 Catholic schools & friends" you are mistaken they have already said there is an out clause in the contract based on league composition.

Please God let that be true. And if they want to throw a year or two in at the verizon center or mci center or whatever it is in DC, I'm cool with that too.

It'd be amazing to win the BET this year. Nothing like walking away with the final Big East title as the conference burns to the ground.

I want regular season and the tourney!

The Catholic schools are making their mid major status official. Good for them, embrace it!

I don't know if the ACC is ready to make a full time commitment to MSG. and I suspect MSG is looking to be a full time host. So I don't count out this new conference -- it will be more attractive than the shitshow that would have basically been CUSA.

Certainly an annual treat that I'll will miss attending after this March...by far what I will miss most about leaving the BE...

Glad I made one. year before Gerry went nuts but also a Cuse championship (beat Uconn in the semis despite being 0-2 in the reg season)...Always thought we'd end up with more BET titles than the hoyas or huskies...guess we're never gonna have the most conference tourney titles.. anywhere

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

That reminds me, ADK - you still owe me a whiskey

dig up Dave Gavitt and put him at center court and we'll have a wake like they did in "The Wire"