This year's schedule will pay off next year in the ACC. | Syracusefan.com

This year's schedule will pay off next year in the ACC.

Crusty

Living Legend
I really believe that you get better by playing tougher competition. Winning against patsies only generates false confidence and reality sets in pretty quickly when you get in the trenches with better teams.

This year has been grueling but I think it prepares us for an ACC schedule next year. I do not think we will be over matched and I am certain we will not be intimidated by anyone. If anyone takes us for granted I think they will be very sorry they did.

Agreed - loved Marrone & Gross' attitude about scheduling quality across the board. This team needed to be challenged all year, and they have held up pretty damn well. We haven't been beat up by anyone and have singlehandedly caused at least 2 of our losses. We would be 8-2 if we played Rutgers' schedule, easily. That isn't a good barometer though if you ask me.

Love the momentum heading into the ACC.

Plus we'll return almost the entire defense, RBs and the OL reasonably intact. That equals toughness.

Yeah, when I look at those ACC standings, I see a bunch of teams that are no better than what we play now. Other than FSU and Clemson, which ACC team would be a big favorite against us this year?

I'm usually not an optimist, and I almost always take pre-season optimism with a large grain of salt, but for the first time in many years I feel optimistic about the future of our football program.

With a small caveat...we need a serviceable quarterback next year to really make some noise.

I'm usually not an optimist, and I almost always take pre-season optimism with a large grain of salt, but for the first time in many years I feel optimistic about the future of our football program.

With a small caveat...we need a serviceable quarterback next year to really make some noise.

totally agree, but am comforted by the fact we have 4 reasonably bright prospects to choose from:

Loeb: senior, knows the system, great arm, great speed allegedly

Hunt: Junior, knows the system, great athleticism

Broyld: soph, could do nothing but run read option and be succesful (i actually wouldnt be surprised if he could throw enough to keep defenses honest)

Zach: chuck norris clone... nuff said

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom