This years team: Glendale or bust | Syracusefan.com

This years team: Glendale or bust

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
3-0. Not much written about last nights game probably due to a lot of focus on the recruiting board but we handled a very good Monmouth team last night. Yes, we have some faults, but you have to love all the positives. I'm still very bullish.

3-0. Not much written about last nights game probably due to a lot of focus on the recruiting board but we handled a very good Monmouth team last night. Yes, we have some faults, but you have to love all the positives. I'm still very bullish.

What faults? My non su friends always say that I am tough on the Orange. I think I am realistic. I honestly don't see any weaknesses on this team. Size. check. Speed. Check. Depth. Check. Outside shooting. check Inside scoring. check. Experience. check. Two areas I can see us improving are lydon getting more better as a 3 and the top of the zone getting better at finding shooters, But neither of those is a weakness,

my number 1 goal this season is to at least make it to the ACC title game. we have dropped the ball every year in this new conference.

What faults? My non su friends always say that I am tough on the Orange. I think I am realistic. I honestly don't see any weaknesses on this team. Size. check. Speed. Check. Depth. Check. Outside shooting. check Inside scoring. check. Experience. check. Two areas I can see us improving are lydon getting more better as a 3 and the top of the zone getting better at finding shooters, But neither of those is a weakness,
I would say inside scoring is a significant question. But other than that I agree with you..

We did get killed in points in the paint vs a smaller Monmouth team. Who is going to play the 5 is still up in the air as each player brings something different. we lost some shooters in the first half but made a huge correction after halftime.

We did get killed in points in the paint vs a smaller Monmouth team. Who is going to play the 5 is still up in the air as each player brings something different. we lost some shooters in the first half but made a huge correction after halftime.
A lot of what killed us in the paint was on dribble penetration by a very talented guard. Other teams are going to score against us this year. We will lose games. We have a difficult schedule. But we are a team without any faults that are killers. We have to come to grips with this as does jb. . We are very good.

Inside scoring, ability to bang with power teams, team defense, teamwork on offense.

I'm confident that the teamwork will be fine but it's definitely a weakness now.

monmouth #44 (ironic no?) was the best defensive big man on the court last night.

Good song, and good post, but maybe we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves Clif? I think this title is more appropriate for the moment:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom