This years team vs last | Syracusefan.com

This years team vs last

GooseMutt

All Conference
Who wins 2 out of 3. Now that we are playing better and defense improving are we better then last year? Could last years team shut down this offense. Would Mike school John. Would Malachi match up with White? I will take this years team by 8

I would say head to head that last years team would probably win the series. The defense was much better and our 3 point defense was very good, which is what wins us games this year (shooting).

It also depends, does last years team get last years Roberson?

I think we have just as much upside this year, and are much better offensively but I think it's all about the matchup with this one. G and Cooney would be the difference at the top of the zone with their size giving Gillon fits.

Interesting matchup. Assuming last year got last years DC and last years Robey - and this year got this years Robey.

I think G would be the best player on the court. However, then I'd go AW3, Battle, last years Lydon, Gillon, this years Lydon, Mali, then Trevor.

I think our defense and rebounding was better last year. But last year wouldn't be able to score with this year's team if this year was hot from deep. Also, this year's wouldn't get killed on the glass like they usually do.

I say this year takes 2 of 3 because of the scoring. Although you could certainly see G going off and being difficult to stop.

Who wins 2 out of 3. Now that we are playing better and defense improving are we better then last year? Could last years team shut down this offense. Would Mike school John. Would Malachi match up with White? I will take this years team by 8

This year's team would win a couple of the home games against last year's team, but it would never beat last year's team if it had to go on the road and play them in the Carrier Dome.

I would say head to head that last years team would probably win the series. The defense was much better and our 3 point defense was very good, which is what wins us games this year (shooting).

It also depends, does last years team get last years Roberson?

I think we have just as much upside this year, and are much better offensively but I think it's all about the matchup with this one. G and Cooney would be the difference at the top of the zone with their size giving Gillon fits.
All true but I think this years FT shooting is the edge

Depends on Malachi. Last year's team would have G and if it had preseason conference and UVA Malachi they would be better.
This year has way better shooting.
We have 4 scorers this year Gillon, White, Battle, Lydon.
Last year we had Gbinije, Richardson and Lydon.

I watched last year's Duke game and people forget how good Roberson was in that game.
He pick and rolled like a beast. He controlled the glass and was all energy.
Apex Roberson moved us up a notch because last year we were easier to defend than this year and this year we are easy to defend.

Last year's team, with better rebounding and better defense, would prevail. That team, with three pretty good volume 3-point shooters and better inside scoring, would likely pick this year's team apart for long stretches, or at least often enough to prevail in a three game series.

One hope I have is to see a notch up in our defense for the post season. JB has gotten the defense to raise its level the last few years for tournament time. We've seen this years team is capable by how they play it at home. If he is able to travel with the better D I think this years team would have good reason to think it could handle last years team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom