Those dang grad transfers! | Syracusefan.com

Those dang grad transfers!

White's been great all year, but I don't think anyone thought Gillon had tonight in him. He would be about the fourth or fifth guy on our team I'd expect to get 40 plus if anyone did.

Gillon has 123 assists to only 40 turnovers this year. He scored 21 against Fla St. Teams have another scorer to worry about.

Seriously, could he not have gotten 44 points instead of 43? Maybe as a grad transfer he has not learned or does not understand the lore of "44""

He's not a P5 caliber starter, he's too small to get it done at the ACC level, he drives and doesn't know what he's going to do next.

Seriously, could he not have gotten 44 points instead of 43? Maybe as a grad transfer he has not learned or does not understand the lore of "44""
Or maybe, as a 5th year, he understands never to one-up a member of the coaching staff ;)

He's not a P5 caliber starter, he's too small to get it done at the ACC level, he drives and doesn't know what he's going to do next.
Early in the year he struggled with the driving and leaving his feet and getting caught

He's improved a lot there

Early in the year he struggled with the driving and leaving his feet and getting caught

He's improved a lot there

He certainly has. And there's a big difference between "isn't" and "can't," and there were a lot of people writing this talented young man off not long ago. Glad he's starting to figure things out, because we're a different team when he produces at a high level. That ND game he was invisible, and look what happened. We need consistent contributions from this guy, and the team is incredibly dangerous when he's giving us that fourth scorer / shooter, and a guy who can shorten games.

Last edited:
I think Gillon finally realizes he can play at this level.

Better yet, with that wink and the swagger he showed tonight, i think he's realizing he can do much more than "just" play at this level.

I don't know too many guards in the country capable of staying in front of him and he's starting to adjust to what to do once he gets by his man. Combine that with his shooting ability if they give him space and this guy is really coming into his own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom