Thought our recent guys were disconnected from the program? | Syracusefan.com

Thought our recent guys were disconnected from the program?

I'm not sure why he didn't believe when folks told him college would be the best years of his life.

I recall when I was about to graduate and someone asked if I was excited, and I let them have an emphatic "no!" with an explanation that likely is not necessary for me to repeat for the vast majority here.

I think frustrated would be a better word there never was a disconnect. Just like us fans.

I think frustrated would be a better word there never was a disconnect. Just like us fans.

Some on here said that the more recent players don’t have the same connection to the program as the older ones because: “Boeheim”.

I don’t see that.

I think Etan may have felt a disconnect when he felt the need to shame a woman on twitter. Other than that, I'm with you.

Umm, how is this a problem? He never mentioned the woman’s name, and what she did appears to have been motivated by some sort of bias, whether racial or otherwise.
Please elaborate.

I did not re-read the article that I originally read years ago, I just picked a link to show to Brian being he said he was unfamiliar. Matter of fact, I know I didn't read it from Time magazine the first time, and it's possible I may have made a terrible choice out of the many many different articles about it, so I will agree with you on that. I just picked it because it was near the top of the list, and because of the title, which I thought would be self-evident. I suppose I such suppositions aren't safe in a society that seems ok with "blast"ing someone these days. I had no idea an interrogation was coming over it.

Some people are into blasting, some are not(outside of the Star Wars universe). I would say it's a matter of preference, and will not expend any energy trying to get anyone to change their mind on whether "blast"ing a woman is appropriate or not. If you think it is, I suppose that's your right. (Other titles used the word "shamed", which also I guess is the internet rage these days. I'm not sure if shaming a woman is better than or worst than blasting one, and am open to opinions on which is better). Brian just said he wasn't familiar with the story, so I picked a semi-random link and have no idea of the relative quality of the article compared to the rest, and only recall the most basic details of the story itself.

Ive personally had issues on public transportation(and had friends who did as well) that make this look relatively very minor, so maybe that colored my experience a bit more than someone who has not? Maybe you have not and therefore can not relate?

Last edited:
I did not re-read the article that I originally read years ago, I just picked a link to show to Brian being he said he was unfamiliar. Matter of fact, I know I didn't read it from Time magazine the first time, and it's possible I may have made a terrible choice out of the many many different articles about it, so I will agree with you on that. I just picked it because it was near the top of the list, and because of the title, which I thought would be self-evident. I suppose I such suppositions aren't safe in a society that seems ok with "blast"ing someone these days. I had no idea an interrogation was coming over it.

Some people are into blasting, some are not(outside of the Star Wars universe). I would say it's a matter of preference, and will not expend any energy trying to get anyone to change their mind on whether "blast"ing a woman is appropriate or not. If you think it is, I suppose that's your right. (Other titles used the word "shamed", which also I guess is the internet rage these days. I'm not sure if shaming a woman is better than or worst than blasting one, and am open to opinions on which is better). Brian just said he wasn't familiar with the story, so I picked a semi-random link and have no idea of the relative quality of the article compared to the rest, and only recall the most basic details of the story itself.

Ive personally had issues on public transportation(and had friends who did as well) that make this look relatively very minor, so maybe that colored my experience a bit more than someone who has not? Maybe you have not and therefore can not relate?
No worries- I was just genuinely curious why this incident, as reported in this link, was somehow an indictment of Etan Thomas.
As to the “blasting vs shaming” issue, it’s all a matter of “who’s ox is being gored”. Personally I see no problem w/ calling out casual racism and the like. I’ve witnessed it in person happening to others, and have indeed spoken up. Theory being, if it doesn’t get highlighted it becomes commonplace, since those who choose to partake will simply believe it’s ok. And, IMO, it’s never “OK”.
Misunderstandings can happen, but we’ve fought wars and I’ve lost family members in those conflicts, over these same issues of discrimination and racism.
So no, it should be “highlighted”, “blasted”,or “shamed” whenever it rears it’s ugly head. JMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom