Thoughts on Last Night... | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts on Last Night...

T

TCuse99

Wow. I honestly changed the channel when we went down 16. Turned it back 5 minutes later and it was down to 7. That dagger three ball by them with 10 seconds left seemed to seal the fate on our ncaa chances, but gillon thought otherwise. Dude was almost possessed. He was never going to pass that last possession. Double pump leaner three ball? No problem.

Then White took over in OT. I have beat this dead horse many times but White is our best player by quite a bit. Not an NBA star In the making, but for college he is a stud. I can't think of many guys ever who I think their shot is going in every time. He is not just a catch and shoot guy. He is very good at a jab step fade away. Guy has been a home run for us.

Lydon was bad last night. Clumsy, out of sorts. And we still won. Thompson gives us very little in acc play. We are playing 5 on 4 on defense until Robey comes in. I may be in the minority, but give me Roberson for 30 mins and TT for 10.

Finally, we come to Howard. I thought the kid would be our next PG star. All he has done is tear apart team chemistry and weaken our roster significantly for next season. To those who don't know, just realize it's probably ten times worse than you think. Damn that kid. Oh well. Thank God Gillon has gotten it together because we can amazingly still make the a big Dance.

Go Cuse. Crush UVA.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I have asked before - if what Frank did is so egregious why is he on the team and still getting run? The next game is what matters, I get that, but if it is "ten times worse" I think the big picture of the program is more important.

As I have asked before - if what Frank did is so egregious why is he on the team and still getting run? The next game is what matters, I get that, but if it is "ten times worse" I think the big picture of the program is more important.
Not my place to say, but him being on the team is not a unanimous decision. These are just kids really and maturity issues are always there. If he is gone next year as expected, fresh start. Lean roster but fresh start

Our two grad transfers have been home runs. They've been everything and more that we could've asked for.

If we didn't play Howard so much for so long, and just went with Gillon, this season is different. AW3 just took some time getting used to the zone, but has really balled on O all year. He's a threat for 25 every night out.

I don't know what you saw, but I thought Roberson was AWFUL on D last night. They got so many open shots against his side of the zone or from him not rotating quick enough. Normally, he's better, but not last night IMO.

The conundrum with playing TT vs Roberson is multi-faceted. TT offers so much more on O, but is usually much worse on D. Him in the game also puts Lydon on the wing, where he's pretty bad. Last night, Lydon was atrocious on D; he's not athletic enough to be caught out of position. But Roberson in the game makes our offense so bad. He offers nothing and hasn't even been grabbing OREB's lately. When he's in, it's tougher for Battle/Gillon to drive and our flow is worse than usual. It's quite the conundrum.

The whole defense front line/back line was as bad as it ever was last night. White and Thompson got called for some bogus fouls though recovering for what seemed like clean blocks. Robey gets the ball then goes into robotic/unsure mode. He then dribbles it back out to the three point line and hands it off to somebody. Repeat. His screens are comical.

Not my place to say, but him being on the team is not a unanimous decision. These are just kids really and maturity issues are always there. If he is gone next year as expected, fresh start. Lean roster but fresh start

I'm starting to think Frank might be the guy who was posting here in the wake of the QG decision. I can't remember the guy's screen name but he was all-in on how evil the SU coaching staff is and how it would be a very bad idea to ever want to play for them. Also claimed to know QG and his family.

Wow. I honestly changed the channel when we went down 16. Turned it back 5 minutes later and it was down to 7. That dagger three ball by them with 10 seconds left seemed to seal the fate on our ncaa chances, but gillon thought otherwise. Dude was almost possessed. He was never going to pass that last possession. Double pump leaner three ball? No problem.

Then White took over in OT. I have beat this dead horse many times but White is our best player by quite a bit. Not an NBA star In the making, but for college he is a stud. I can't think of many guys ever who I think their shot is going in every time. He is not just a catch and shoot guy. He is very good at a jab step fade away. Guy has been a home run for us.

Lydon was bad last night. Clumsy, out of sorts. And we still won. Thompson gives us very little in acc play. We are playing 5 on 4 on defense until Robey comes in. I may be in the minority, but give me Roberson for 30 mins and TT for 10.

Finally, we come to Howard. I thought the kid would be our next PG star. All he has done is tear apart team chemistry and weaken our roster significantly for next season. To those who don't know, just realize it's probably ten times worse than you think. Damn that kid. Oh well. Thank God Gillon has gotten it together because we can amazingly still make the a big Dance.

Go Cuse. Crush UVA.

Huh? What did Howard do to tear down our roster for next year. Sad thing to say about a young man.

Lydon was bad last night. Clumsy, out of sorts. And we still won. .
Yes...Lydon had his worst game in a long time.
Really bad late turnover when he reached for a pass from White instead of moving to get it.
That just reinforces how huge Gillon and White were.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom