Thrilling news | Syracusefan.com

Thrilling news

So now we slip to 4th on the pecking order? Someone tell me again why we signed with SNY and a big deal was made out of it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

YES refused to give up any airtime for Yankees Classics and Yankeeography

So now we slip to 4th on the pecking order? Someone tell me again why we signed with SNY and a big deal was made out of it?

My thoughts exactly. However, were there any other choices besides SNY? Once we join the ACC, we'll hardly get mentioned on SNY. They're certainly not doing an ACC show for hoops and football.

You mean when my Dad watched every UConn women's hoops game at home (it's insufferable), I won't have to hear CPTV begging people for money during every timeout? This is wonderful news.

Probably to fill the vacated SU time on SNY starting in '13-14. SNY carried 10 regular season SU games this past season plus the 2 exhibition games. Anyone know if any plans are in the works for what will happen in '13-14 with the move to the ACC? Is the SU admin working on an agreement with another cable channel to carry SU games nationally? The nice thing about SNY is that many cable providers and Direct TV all carry it so you can see SU games almost anywhere.

Probably to fill the vacated SU time on SNY starting in '13-14. SNY carried 10 regular season SU games this past season plus the 2 exhibition games. Anyone know if any plans are in the works for what will happen in '13-14 with the move to the ACC? Is the SU admin working on an agreement with another cable channel to carry SU games nationally? The nice thing about SNY is that many cable providers and Direct TV all carry it so you can see SU games almost anywhere.

Call me a pessimist. This isn't going to work out well. Hope I'm dead wrong.

Too bad SU never took women's basketball seriously. Over $1m a year for 3rd tier rights for women's basketball would be nice for thw AD.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Games on YES were largely blacked out last year as well.

Is the SU admin working on an agreement with another cable channel to carry SU games nationally?

SU doesn't own the rights to negotiate their games distribution.

It's basically about creating the best revenue base you can, in a crappy situation.

The new Big East deal isn't going to be what the ACC deal will be. But UConn now has two supplemental sources of revenue (rights deal with SNY for MBB/FB, rights deal with SNY for WBB) and is probably about to get a 3rd (Hockey East's two TV deals).

So while they won't be making $18 million a year, they can try and get it in the teens through leveraging assets.

Great, so now I'll be able to watch some more of Yukon's best team.

The comments posted about the article aren't flattering. It's a realization that fewer games will be broadcast, and that those people not in the CT/NYC area will need to pony up to see those games instead of being able to stream them all for free.

I have been saying the same thing for weeks and getting blasted for it on the fball board.

I think me and my fellow tristate people are going to be missing a lot of games due to the move. Ironic that "new yorks ollege team" will get less exposure on tv now in the tri state

The comments posted about the article aren't flattering. It's a realization that fewer games will be broadcast, and that those people not in the CT/NYC area will need to pony up to see those games instead of being able to stream them all for free.

Actually, with CPTV, people had to (and a LOT did) pay for the web streaming of the games.

Most of the state has Comcast, and should be able to now watch the games on ESPN3.