Thursday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Thursday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
146728-standard.jpg

Scott Shafer, who is recognized as one of the top defensive minds in college football, is taking the reins

Syracuse football coach Scott Shafer finally gets his shot and pledges "integrity, discipline and focus"

Upon Shafer’s promotion, a reflection on the last 64 years of head coaches

Syracuse objective: Continuity under Shafer

Daryl Gross: "There is money going into the (football) program"

Coaches in motion for Syracuse, Bills

Video

Amateur: A Bills fan reaction to Doug Marrone's hiring "It's just OK"

Future Orangeman

p16bu2huj285v1ueg6j7qr01hrmb.jpg

Texas quarterback Zach Allen still sold on playing football at Syracuse University

Temple football: Wildcats QB Allen confirms commitment after Syracuse hires new coach; banquet tickets on sale

High School Notebook: Burton stays with Syracuse

Videos

0.jpg

Dazed & confused as both a Bills/SU fan
Scott Shafer Hire A Good Move For Syracuse .:. Kenny's 2 Pennies - 1/9/13

Gomez & Dave on Marrone absconding with Hackett

Former Players

Steve Gregory jersey's on sale

Donovin Darius will speak to New Rochelle kids

Congrats to Ryan Nassib...signed your agent

Syracuse Smile Of The Week

72341e8a80350503a69e1f151a6afabb.jpg

Former Staff

New Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett ready for 'chance of lifetime'

Marrone Goes Out a Winner

Big East News

Big East well-represented for Senior Bowl

Big East surprises this bowl season

ACC News

Ga. Tech hires Roof as D-coordinator

Around The Nation

Sources: Eagles interview ND's Brian Kelly

Source: NC State CB Amerson to enter draft

State Penn

Sandusky to attend appeal hearing on Thursday

High School

Football: Class AA and A all-state teams announced

Blog

11512098-large.jpg

A look at Ryan Nassib

I clicked the link to see the All-State teams ... how the heck does Augustus Edwards not even make honorable mention? He isn't listed anywhere. Only 1 Tottenville player was selected .. 1.

In the article on Jonathan Burton, this quote is good news:

"Fork Union coach John Shuman said Shafer’s promotion from defensive coordinator to head coach—as well as the retention of offensive line coach and recruiting coordinator Greg Adkins—means Burton is still set for the Orange."

I clicked the link to see the All-State teams ... how the heck does Augustus Edwards not even make honorable mention? He isn't listed anywhere. Only 1 Tottenville player was selected .. 1.
On a sad note, Chris Stewart of Shenendehowa (Section 2) was named fourth team Class AA. He was killed along with another Shen student athlete on December 1 when a car rear ended his SUV on the Northway and caused it to overturn. Two other students survived but were seriously injured. The other driver was indicted on 59 counts this past Monday. The Albany Times Union has a story today on what would have been Chris Stewart's 18th birthday.

In the article on Jonathan Burton, this quote is good news:

"Fork Union coach John Shuman said Shafer’s promotion from defensive coordinator to head coach—as well as the retention of offensive line coach and recruiting coordinator Greg Adkins—means Burton is still set for the Orange."

That would be very good news on both counts.

Noticed a line in todays Transactions summary in the paper saying that Curtis Dukes is leaving the State Penn football program.

I forgot where I saw the article, but there was one listing the 5 former SU players that are in the playoffs. One of them was Will Allen playing for the Pats. I was surprised to see he's still in the league. Haven't heard his name in a while.

I think Edwards was made ineligible for all star teams as part of his suspension.

Congratulations to TJ Wheatley for making 4th team all state as a sophomore. He is gonna be a good one. Also congratulations to Tyler Rouse for being named Class AA player of the year.

One of them was Will Allen playing for the Pats. I was surprised to see he's still in the league. Haven't heard his name in a while.
He was in the injured reserve list this past season. We'll have to see if he comes back in 2013.

Tony Fiametta is on the Pats' "Exempt" list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom