Thursday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
ff_629909_xl.jpg

Seth Davis on if SU is title contender

The worth of each SU player is $911, 000 which among the tops in the nation

Tyler Ennis and those other freshmen

Syracuse should look to feature Rakeem Christmas more on offense

Where does Syracuse basketball rank among elite programs since 2008? (Mike's Mailbox)
-
Updating an earlier report, Oak Hill Academy will be represented by five players in the ACC Tournament, including Tyler Lewis and Lennard Freeman for North Carolina State. They join Quin Cook (Duke), Nate Britt (North Carolina) and Baye Moussa Keita (Syracuse).
Source

Baye Photos
-

Videos

-34ff281ef022eec6.JPG

-
Syracuse Basketball Practice In Greensboro

Where does Syracuse stand before their first game

-
California v Syracuse (2013 Maui Invitational Semi-Final)

Syracuse v Baylor (2013 Maui Invitational Championship Game)

-
ACC Conference Tournament Preview: Duke Favored, Syracuse Third Choice

Fans at ACC Men's Basketball Tournament 2014

-

Former Players

i

-
Melo 34 & 9 in win

Carmelo Anthony leads Knicks past Celtics, talks Phil Jackson (Syracuse and CNY in the NBA)

MCW 13 pts, 7 Reb, 2 ast, 7 To's in loss

Dion had 10 in win
-

OOC Opponent

Villanova's Wright picks up third coach of the year award
-

ACC

FSU focused on ACC Tournament after deflating loss toSyracuse

Great seats available, but let's not talk about it, OK?

Jabari Parker is worth $2.4M to Duke

DeCock: A new day for the ACC tournament

I remember, and mourn, the real Atlantic Coast Conference

espn-syracuse-duke.jpg

Editorial: New day for ACC, but familiar place

ACC basketball tournament: Georgia Tech outlasts Boston College in overtime

ACC basketball tournament: Miami survives opening round meeting with Virginia Tech 57-53

ACC Basketball Tournament: Wake Forest wins opener against Notre Dame

ACC basketball tournament schedule and results

Madness

NCAA committee chair: Injuries will play a factor in seeding

NCAA Tournament 2014: Selection committee faces complex choices, as usual

Selection Committee has some tough seeding to do

Pick 'em like a champ, chump

Nation

Ezra Edelman and ESPN's 'Requiem for the Big East'

-
DePaul stuns Georgetown in Big East opener
-
Big East future at MSG may include company

Top 5 Big East Tournament Moments

He was 7 of 9 from three
Freshman Duane Notice gets over Martin vulgarity assault has 23 in SEC win

Blogs
-
Greensboro restaurant sends hilarious ACC Tournament welcome message to SU coach Jim Boeheim

Six Overtimes Five Years Later

2014 ACC Tournament: Orange Await Either Wolfpack Or Canes

Syracuse Basketball: Orange's 5 Keys to a Successful Postseason

Other SU Sports

-
SU Softball vs Campbell

Last edited:
I remember & Mourn Article: All from a snob who moved from the Boston Burb's and no can say you All

Good Seth Davis article. Really understands the impact of Baye and Jerami had on our losses. Thinks we are one of five to win it.

Florida. My pick to win it all.

Syracuse. Got their mojo back.

Louisville. Pitino is working his late-season magic again.

Wichita State. Yes, I think they're that good.

Michigan State. They're not healthy and in sync now, but they've got two weeks to get there.

Good Seth Davis article. Really understands the impact of Baye and Jerami had on our losses. Thinks we are one of five to win it.

Michigan State. They're not healthy and in sync now, but they've got two weeks to get there.
God I wan cuse to play Florida so freaking bad! That team is such a fraud.

Very interesting article from him. I might need to make a new post that discusses the refereeing issues he brought up.

I liked this section.

Based on my conversations with coaches over the last few weeks, and based on what I've seen, it appears that the refs are once again letting too much contact go. Adams has noticed the same thing. Next week, he is going to have a conference call with roughly 100 officials, during which he plans to re-emphasize the importance of preserving freedom of movement for the offensive player, whether he's a dribbler or cutter. Remember, referees are independent contractors who are monitored by various league coordinators. So the only area in which Adams and the committee have the ability to reward and punish the zebras is through their assignments in the NCAA tournament.

In other words, another adjustment is coming. Players and coaches who grew accustomed to more physical play down the stretch of the regular season are going to be dealing with referees who will call games more strictly because, just like the teams, they want to advance to the later rounds of the NCAA tournament. This is all part of the adjustment process that is going to take longer than one year. Former Phoenix Suns' GM Jerry Colangelo recently told Adams that when the NBA clamped down on hand checking, it took three years for everyone to adjust accordingly. And that's with one commissioner and a smaller roster of referees who are fulltime league employees. So the task that college basketball faces in cleaning things up is even more daunting. It's a worthy destination, but we will see during the NCAA tournament that the journey won't always be pretty.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20140312/fast-five-elite-eight-sleepers-joel-embiid-kansas-jerami-grant/#ixzz2vrW7qDdY

Very interesting article from him. I might need to make a new post that discusses the refereeing issues he brought up.

I liked this section.

Based on my conversations with coaches over the last few weeks, and based on what I've seen, it appears that the refs are once again letting too much contact go. Adams has noticed the same thing. Next week, he is going to have a conference call with roughly 100 officials, during which he plans to re-emphasize the importance of preserving freedom of movement for the offensive player, whether he's a dribbler or cutter. Remember, referees are independent contractors who are monitored by various league coordinators. So the only area in which Adams and the committee have the ability to reward and punish the zebras is through their assignments in the NCAA tournament.

In other words, another adjustment is coming. Players and coaches who grew accustomed to more physical play down the stretch of the regular season are going to be dealing with referees who will call games more strictly because, just like the teams, they want to advance to the later rounds of the NCAA tournament. This is all part of the adjustment process that is going to take longer than one year. Former Phoenix Suns' GM Jerry Colangelo recently told Adams that when the NBA clamped down on hand checking, it took three years for everyone to adjust accordingly. And that's with one commissioner and a smaller roster of referees who are fulltime league employees. So the task that college basketball faces in cleaning things up is even more daunting. It's a worthy destination, but we will see during the NCAA tournament that the journey won't always be pretty.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20140312/fast-five-elite-eight-sleepers-joel-embiid-kansas-jerami-grant/#ixzz2vrW7qDdY
If they do enforce the new rules from hereon in advantage Syracuse.

Re: snow pile up video

Oh...syracuse.com...still with real estate ads for Franfort, NY. Sigh...

Franfort.JPG
I take it that's your old hometown?
Nah, too many Italians LOL.

It's next door (almost) to Utica. And it's Frankfort (notice the 'k' - that's my gripe - it's been misspelled in those ads for MONTHS)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom