Thursday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Thursday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
14521124-standard.jpg

Syracuse basketball seniors C.J. Fair, Baye Moussa Keita ready to lead Orange in NCAA tournament

Shooting (and overall offense) has been a Syracuse basketball problem, but the Orange isn't worried

Boeheim: No love left for Big East

Nearing 70, Syracuse's Boeheim Never At A Loss For Words

Boeheim says Orange were “overestimated”

Boeheim sees MCW and Noel as good building blocks

Boeheim says Western Michigan's Shayne Whittington, David Brown could play anywhere in country

NCAA Tournament: ACC life not agreeing with Syracuse's Jim ...

ACC brought conference stability for Orange

SU basketball, Jim Boeheim not worried about late season struggles

'Cuse, 'Nova, UConn swept in different directions

Syracuse faces Western Michigan in NCAA tournament

Analytics show Syracuse as a 92 percent favorite to advance

Syracuse has homecourt advantage in Buffalo
-

Syracuse clear NCAA men's basketball champ based on quality of journalism school
-

serby_new.jpg

Ennis out to lead Syracuse to title — as Melo, McNamara did

NCAA Tournament Notebook: Ennis family all together to see Dylan, Tyler play
-

Which Syracuse team will show up in the NCAAs?

Win or go home for Fair, Syracuse

NCAA tournament team previews: Syracuse Orange

Orange aim to step up their defense

Syracuse Orange Basketball: 2014 NCAA Practice

What channel is the Syracuse basketball game on? Orange vs. Western Michigan on CBS

What channel is the Western Michigan basketball game on? CBS to ...

Campaign calls on Orange basketball fans to help Syracuse 1st graders

NDSU Stats Department has both SU Men's & Women's teams losing 2nd game

Western Michigan braces for pro-Syracuse environment

NCAA tournament: WMU hopes to squeeze Syracuse Orange

Experience on WMU's side in tournament opener

14523492-mmmain.jpg

Schumer to Obama: Sorry, but Syracuse basketball team will win the NCAA tournament

Western Michigan's David Brown 'back to normal' after two knee injuries

A.J. Avery getting firsthand NCAA tourney experience with Western Michigan

Tucker Haymond formed attachment to Western Michigan basketball early in life

Wooden's words of wisdom live on with Broncos' Hawkins

John Wooden was driving force for Western Michigan coach Steve ...

WMU basketball coach Steve Hawkins named Hugh Durham Award finalist

WMU NCAA Tournament Run begins Thursday

-

Lowell's Austin Richie happy to ride Broncos' magical season

NCAA Tournament games accessible for Michigan, Western Michigan fans; Michigan State, not so much
-

Broncos arrive in Buffalo, preparing for Syracuse showdown

Watch Syracuse Vs. Western Michigan Live Online, 2014 NCAA ...

Wait a minute, this says Otto 4th best mascot in NCAA's
-
Gambling

14521218-standard.jpg

-
NCAA Tournament South Region Preview: (3) SyracuseOrange vs ...

Videos
-
Soviet hockey player Alex Ovechin picks SU 100% over Kansas in his Billion $ bracket sheet

CC Sabathia would like to Syracuse win it all

2014 NCAA Tournament: Syracuse Orange Team Profile

NCAA: 'Cuse Countdown Previews SU vs. WMU | CitrusTV
-
Coach Boeheim NCAA Presser

Baye Moussa Keita & C.J. Fair NCAA Presser

Fallon picks Syracuse

Getting Back On Track: Syracuse Heads Into NCAA Tournament

Cuse calling on last year's run

Western Michigan Coach Steve Hawkins Presser

Watch Kalamazoo Gazette's David Drew talk with Mike Waters about Western Michigan-Syracuse game

NCAA: WMU's familiarity with the 2-3 zone

-

Hononegah's Brown Seeks NCAA Upset

Baby Kerri picks SU to the Final Four

NBA player's NCAA March Madness highlights & tournament predictions

Comedy Video?
-
Jim Boeheim Ejected After Controversial with script

Syracuse Capsules
-
“I think it’s obviously helpful for me to have seen them up close,” Witherspoon said of the Orange. “Of course, they’re playing against Western Michigan, who I coached against for all those years. Their coach, Steve Hawkins, is a really good friend. I’ve spent a lot of time with him on the telephone. … I think Western Michigan has a chance. If they hold onto the ball, not turn it over and control the pace of the game, it has a chance to be a good basketball game.”
Reggie Witherspoon former UB head coach & color commentator for two SU games this season

Jay Wright

"My wife, Daryl [Gross], the A.D. at Syracuse, and Jim Boeheim spent an hour in the lobby last night talking about the ESPN special 30 for 30 and the old days. And it’s really cool to see Connecticut people.”
Read more on Big East Reunion

-
"5. ORANGE YOU GLAD
Syracuse fans will flock to Buffalo to watch their beloved Orange try to reignite an offense that has scored more than 70 only once in the last 11 games. ’Cuse is taking on a dangerous MAC championship team in Western Michigan, which should challenge the 2-3 zone. It should be close, but we like the Orange."
NYDN

-
"3. The bracket: Certainly, there are teams who can beat Florida in the Gators' side of the bracket, but it's not like it's overwhelming. Syracuse is sliding, Kansas has the whole Joel Embiid injury issue and UCLA doesn't play defense.

5. Perimeter shooting: Other than guard Michael Frazier II, the Gators lack a consistent second perimeter threat. That could come into play if the Gators face a team that plays 2-3 zone, like a possible matchup with Syracuse in the Elite Eight."

Five reasons UF will and won't win the national title

"@CarmeloAnthony: The New York Knicks player is rooting for his Syracuse Orange on his Twitter page throughout the tourney."
Twitter goes mad for NCAA

"Not because of the selections themselves (though, Mr. President, we will need to have a talk about this nonsense of Syracuse losing in the round-of-32), but because people who dislike him anyway use it as a means for voicing their displeasure."
Villani: Be a good sport about Obama's NCAA bracket

"Upset Special: Don’t sleep on Western Michigan against the Syracuse Orange. The Broncos have won 12 of their last 13 games while the Orange appear to have peaked in January."

Enter the Madness: Breaking down the 2014 NCAA Tournament
-

No. 3 Syracuse vs. No. 14 Western Michigan (2:40 p.m., CBS): Syracuse isn't playing well lately, losing five of its last seven -- but Western Michigan should be a decent matchup for the Orange. Western Michigan likes to draw contact and get to the free-throw line, which it will find hard to do against the Syracuse zone.
Viewer's Guide: The best day of the college basketball season

“I love flipping on my TV and seeing other Canadian guys doing so well,” Pierre said, without a hint of jealousy in his voice. “Obviously, with Andrew, you knew he was going to be a big star. But I’m happy to see what Tyler is doing (at Syracuse).”

"While much has been made of a potential Ennis-Wiggins battle in the Sweet 16 in Memphis if Syracuse and Kansas can get through the opening weekend, Pierre has a shot to play the role of spoiler. If Dayton can pull off the upset of Ohio State and No. 3 Syracuse tops No. 14 Western Michigan in the second game of the day in Buffalo, the Orange and the Flyers would square off in the round of 32."
Canadian player Dyshawn Pierre of Dayton

ND: Last question; the NCAA Tournament started this week, so who's your team?
Mitchell: Syracuse. I like their point guard (Tyler Ennis,) that's my squad.
Richie Mittchell Indiana High School guard

"Everyone knows Syracuse has the opposite of momentum going for it. After starting 25-0, the Orange has dropped 5-of-7. “Mo” is no longer hanging out in Upstate New York."
Toronto Sun

-

"In the Sweet 16, Arthur likes Arizona over Oklahoma, Wisconsin over Creighton, Louisville over Wichita State, Duke over Michigan, Villanova over Iowa State, Michigan State over Virginia, Florida over VCU and Kansas over Syracuse.

"When you go against that (Syracuse) zone, you just have to attack that middle," he said. "Once you attack that middle, everything else opens up."
Denver Nuggets forward Darrell Arthur

-
"The Net starter with the most experience without reaching a title game is Pierce, who played nine games with Kansas, which lost to Syracuse in the Elite 8 in 1996, Arizona in the Sweet 16 in 1997 and Rhode Island in the second round in 1998."
Nets Notebook on Paul Pierce

-
"For Western Michigan, an opening game triumph against three-seed Syracuse would be celebrated in Kalamazoo like Mardi Gras multiplied by Christmas plus New Years Eve squared."

NCAA Tournament – Surprises Will Abound, But Where and When?

Old habits die hard

Sixers center Henry Sims needed a pen to fill out a ticket request form. When the reporter who loaned Sims one told the Georgetown graduate that he went to former Big East rival Syracuse, Sims immediately discarded the pen and looked for a replacement.
Sixers have vested interest in March Madness
-

No. 7 New Mexico The Lobos' triple threat of Cameron Bairstow, Kendall Williams and Alex Kirk is about as good as any trio in the field. Potential matchups against No. 2 Kansas, No. 3 Syracuse and UCLA are winnable. If they need to take down Florida and succeed, watch out.
Underdog picks to win the NCAA Tournament
-

Buffalo

14521135-standard.jpg

-
Teams hold court as fans young and old enjoy free day of hoops

Buffalo has become an Old Big East basketball reunion at the NCAA Tournament

Buffalo pod a Big East reunion

It's business all right, but to what end?

Expect great point guard play in Buffalo

Jay Wright's beginnings brought him to Buffalo often

The Big Dance Comes to Buffalo

Fun facts about the 8 teams in town for NCAA tournament

Former Players
-
Melo had 34 vs Indiana in 7th straight win

Can Melo fit the Triangle offense?

MCW had 16, 9 & 7 in loss
-

Wes had 8 & 5 in loss

Dion Waiters: Dion Waiters dealing w/ sore back, hip & knee

Madness

CBS Analyst Seth Davis Breaks Down The NCAA Tournament

NCAA Tournament 2014: Tennessee rallies to beat Iowa 78-65 in OT at First Four

NCAA Tournament 2014: Cal Poly, just 14-19, advances with win over Texas Southern
-
Pitino takes shots at selection committee for matchup vs. protege

Book Review

Wizard of Westwood

Blogs
-
#3 Syracuse (Ovr: 14, Off: 34, Def: 17) vs #14 Western Michigan (Ovr: 112, Off: 130, Def: 121)

Friday 3/21 approx 1:45pm CDT in Buffalo, NY
-

"I work with a guy who graduated from Western Michigan, and he tells me that there is absolutely no chance that they can pull the upset. Of course, we all know this means that Syracuse will in fact win, but it will be on a last second floater to go up 65-64."
Previewing the Bracket: South Region

"(3) Syracuse vs. (14) Western Michigan; 2:45 pm, CBS - Western Michigan has two excellent guards, especially Shayne Whittington, but give up a lot of fouls and rely on those two guards to keep them in games. Syracuse is likely too much for them, but MAC schools show up in the tournament, as Michigan found out two years ago against Ohio. Take heed, Orange!"

NCAA Tournament Viewing Guide: Where the Upsets Are Plentiful

Syracuse Basketball: 5 Questions for Orange in 2014 NCAA...

2014 NCAA Tournament Preview: Western Michigan Catching Syracuse At the Right Time?

SU Women

Shakeya Leary shows patience, sheds pounds to help Syracuse women's basketball to NCAA tournament

UTC women want better tourney result

Video
-
@CuseWBB Ready for NCAAs

Last edited:
Tyler Ennis tops the list of seven NBA Draft prospects to watch today

Syracuse basketball free-throw conspiracy among five things to watch vs. Western Michigan

Win or go home for Fair, Syracuse

NCAA tournament: No. 3 Syracuse looks to get back on track against No. 14 Western Michigan

Even as the NCAA tournament dawns for Syracuse basketball, let us not forget 'The Streak' (i.e., 25-0)

Jimmy Fallon picks Syracuse basketball to win 2014 NCAA Tournament

Five of these Sweet Sixteen comments involve Syracuse

WMU's Lincoln Park High School Alum Tutored by Sonny Parker Heading to NCAAs
-
Western Michigan's David Brown on talk of Broncos upsetting...
-
Former Player

Dion Waiters chooses Syracuse to win NCAA Tournament 2014: Celebrity Bracketology Challenge
-
Syracuse Capsules
-
It's a tough path, but the Syracuse zone is tough for tams to deal with and the Orange have had a lot of experience playing the close, low-scoring games that are prevalent in the tournament. If Kevin Cooney can snap out of his month-long shooting slump, the Orange could go a long way.
Oh there's more from the Dukie's report

-
"Obama also gave relatively short shrift to Vice President Joe Biden’s two favorite teams: Syracuse University and the University of Delaware. The presidential Final Four features Florida, Arizona, Louisville and Michigan State."
ESPN's Andy Katz on President Obama’s Cinderella picks

-
"Doug’s prediction: All season this has been the kind of team that could lost to Dayton in its first game or advance to the Sweet 16 with an upset of Syracuse. So the same play is to call the Buckeyes one and out. Nothing this team does, short of a Final Four trip, would really surprise anyone. But two good efforts in Buffalo may be too much to ask. Like Ari, I say the Buckeyes go home after losing to Syracuse on Saturday."

Ohio State NCAA Tournament 2014 breakdown: How far will the ...
-

"The possible “good’’ upsets: North Dakota State over Oklahoma, North Carolina State over Saint Louis, Western Michigan over Syracuse."
Boston Globe

-
"R is for Rutgers. Yeah, right. Just wanted to make sure you were paying attention.
S is for Syracuse. The Orange were ranked No. 1 most of the season, and now nobody is picking them to do anything. Beware of Boeheim.
Y is for Young guns. The freshman class of Parker and Wiggins, plus Kansas’ Joel Embiid, Syracuse’s Ty Ennis and Kentucky’s Julius Randle is as good as advertised."

Eckel: The A-to-Z of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

Buzz Williams, Marquette coach:

“Probably that Syracuse team with Sherman Douglas and Derrick Coleman in 1987. I didn’t have cable TV growing up. I remember that team and Douglas throwing lobs to Coleman and Stevie Thompson. For whatever reason, I loved that team. They beat Florida and North Carolina and got to the championship game and lost on that buzzer-beater to Keith Smart and Indiana. I’ll never forget that.”

Georges Niang, Iowa State forward:
“When T.J. Sorrentine of Vermont hit the buzzer-beater against Syracuse (2005). My friend and I were camped out in his basement for the first two rounds. Sometimes we would even fake being sick to come home and catch the noon-time games. I loved it, and that Sorrentine shot was the one that will always stick out for me.”
College Basketball Greats Share Their Favorite March Madness ...

WHO’S GETTING UPSET?: No. 3 Syracuse

"I might be taking a risk here, but at this point in the season I don’t think I trust Syracuse. If Trevor Cooney’s confidence isn’t completely shot, he sure is playing like it. And while it looks like Jerami Grant is just about back to full health, the Orange have been downright bad offensively for a month. Western Michigan is a good team. They notched five top 100 wins this season and won the MAC regular season and tournament titles."
Pregame Shootaround: The Round of 64 kicks off with four must-see ...

"Though, in my opinion, it should have just been called "The Georgetown and Syracuse Happy Hour" because the main focus was on those two schools and their basketball dominance for much of the 1980s.

"They've been in a better place, though, a more proper place in the Big Ten. Pitt, along with Syracuse, left for the Atlantic Coast Conference and it is proving to be a good fit for those institutions, too."
Requiem for the region's college sports

"Syracuse prepares for resilient Western Michigan. The Broncos (23-9) have senior leaders and strong-willed players who are fearless, and that makes WMU a popular Cinderella pick among those who believe that the Orange's recent slide will lead to an early NCAA exit."
RD&C

"UCLA loses to Syracuse in the Elite Eight. Syracuse is known for its prestigious journalism program, and journalists are the original hipsters: We brew our own beer and ride our vintage, single-speed bikes to the office."
Meyers: The hipster's guide to the NCAA tournament

"But how stupid would you feel if you have Western Michigan in your sweet sixteen and Syracuse ends up trouncing them in round one? Your friends would not let you live it down, or at least they should not if they are your friends."
Cornell Sun

-

EE is for Early Exits. Who will be this year’s surprise letdown? Looking at the field, watch out No. 3 Syracuse (vs. No. 14 Western Michigan), No. 6 Ohio State (vs. No. 11 Dayton) and No. 5 Cincinnati (vs. No. 12 Harvard).

RR is for Rim Rockers. Arizona’s Gordon, Duke’s Parker, Kansas’ Andrew Wiggins and Syracuse’s C.J. Fair should turn March Madness into a performance by the Blue Angels. These dudes can get up.

UU is for Ultimate Underdogs. Syracuse, watch out. The third-seeded Orange has been plummeting lately, losing 5 of 7, and the Western Michigan Broncos have the right mix of post presence and outside options to take out zone-oriented ’Cuse.

The best of the NCAA tournament, from AA to ZZ

The 11 biggest winners in NCAA tournament history: #8. Syracuse 60-35

Greg Hansen's guide to the 2014 NCAA tournament

Gambling
-
2014 NCAA Tournament, Western Michigan vs. Syracuse: Odds ...

Buffalo
-
Ohio State men's basketball: Losing no longer a luxury

Madness
-
What channel is the NCAA Tournament on? Listings and announcers for March Madness

NCAA tournament 2014: A guide to Thursday's round of 64 games

Here's your announcers for today's games

-
Blogs
-
2:45- Western Michigan Free Throws Made or Tie: Syracuse is a three seed and struggled down the stretch, but playing in Buffalo is a gift to the Orange as they take on Western Michigan. The Broncos won the MAC, but didn’t fare well out of conference losing to North Dakota State, Hawaii, Northwestern, and Mizzou. WMU finished the season on a great run winning 12 of their last 13 while the Orange dropped five of their last seven. The big difference in their momentum, though, comes from a difference in their strength of schedule. While I do think Syracuse gets the win, I think the Broncos keep it close and cover their 13-point spread. Confidence-4

Streak for the Cash Picks-March 20, 2014

How to watch Syracuse vs. Western Michigan online: Live stream ...

Last edited:
Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim in spotlight at NCAA tournament (what they're saying)

Bob Costas, with a rooting interest in Syracuse, reveals his Top Four ...

The Syracuse Orange will try to put their late-season struggles behind them

Three Michigan writers pick SU

[URL='http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2014/03/live_updates_syracuse_basketball_vs_western_michigan_in_ncaa_tournament_chat.html#incart_river']Live updates: Syracuse basketball vs. Western Michigan in NCAA tournament (chat)
[/URL]

Live updates: Western Michigan Broncos vs. SyracuseOrange (chat)

See how SU did on College Hoops 2K8 on XBox360.

Podcast talks Ennis & other freshmen

Videos

Syracuse.com's Mike Waters and MLive.com's David Drew discuss Syracuse-Western Michigan game (video)

Top 5 Syracuse basketball moments of the regular season (video)

Syracuse Capsules

3. Can Western Michigan avoid turnovers against Syracuse? Yes, Syracuse has not looked as good lately. If you want to look for reasons to expect a big upset, look no further than Syracuse losing at home to Boston College, and at home to Georgia Tech. Both of those teams power-rate similarly to Western Michigan.

If you want to find a reason to throw water on that, though, look at turnovers. Syracuse is in the top 20 in turnover rate on defense, while Western Michigan is 317th in turnover rate. They need to be better than that to have a chance against the Orangemen.

NCAA Tournament: Five Things for Thursday Afternoon Action

In 1987, my mom made us give up television every other day during Lent. Our days without T.V. happened to fall on the Final Four and championship game. She gave me the choice of swapping one of the days with another. I chose the championship game. I got to watch Indiana's Keith Smart hit a game-winning jumper to beat Syracuse. It was Bobby Knight's last trip to the finals and a young Jim Boeheim's first.

It's the most wonderful time of the year (in sports)

THE THREE-POINT LINE

A team’s success on defending the arc and converting three-point shots is critical to Tournament success. When, our Rhode Island team took out heavily thought of Syracuse, it was the first half differential of the three-point line; 7-8 for the Rams and 0-2 for the Orange. The result was a 56-49 halftime lead and the Rams never looked back.

THE FOUL LINE

In tournament play, often the aggressor gets rewarded. This statement will be compounded if the officials call the impediment rules that have been a point of emphasis all season. Teams who can cash in on more free throw attempts will have an advantage. Our Rhode Island team enjoyed a 39-14 free throw advantage over Syracuse, a big difference in a close game
How to Wear the Glass Slipper

Buffalo

March Madness in Buffalo: $200 ticket prices, $40 for parking

Former Player

NYSPHSAA executive director witnessed, wowed by(Kevin King's player) Roland's incredible show

Madness

March Madness live updates: NCAA tournament 2014 Day 1 live chat

SU Women

Women's Basketball Takes on Syaracuse in NCAA

2014 NCAA tournament: Join Brent Axe for a live Q&A after ...

Game thread: WMU trying to squeeze Syracuse in NCAA tourney

Western Michigan Vs. Syracuse Live Radio Broadcast
-
Syracuse Capsules

DeVito cites last week’s Big East Tournament victory as one of his favorite moments as a manager, but the game that truly stuck out in his mind was his first road trip to Syracuse as a freshman.

“We won by I think 25 or 30 and I told my mom I was going on the trip and I was going to miss like four classes to go on the trip, so she told me not to go. I ended up going and we end up beating Syracuse and were all over SportsCenter, and she saw me on SportsCenter and I got in trouble for it, so that was a cool moment.”

Stories from behind the bench

Moments after one of his most emotional wins of the season over his good friend Jim Boeheim and the Syracuse Orange, Mike Krzyzewski sat at the center of a c
ramped media room inside of Cameron Indoor Stadium and proclaimed his undying love for college basketball.

-
"(Syracuse's) celebration of basketball up there and our celebration of basketball here was phenomenal," Krzyzewski said. "It's what makes our sport so good. I love the NBA to death, but this is something they can't do, and we should always recognize that. The (game) in Syracuse and here, that's our product. That's our product -- genuineness, purity."
ESPN

When Syracuse and UConn players were in here, they said they missed playing at the Garden in the Big East Tournament. I know it's disappointing for you guys this year, but what does it mean to you to represent the Big East?
Read more at

Syracuse Close to Home

The Orange certainly had an interesting regular season. After winning their first 25 games, Syracuse has lost five of their last seven games. Out of those five losses, two (Duke and Virginia) shouldn't present much of a concern. However, losses to Boston College, Georgia Tech, and play-in winner N.C. State are troubling. Syracuse's problems revolve entirely around their offense. Leading scorer C.J. Fair and three-point specialist Trevor Cooney struggled to consistently score down the stretch. If both players can rediscover their early to mid-season form, the third-seeded Orange have the opportunity to advance deep in this year's tournament.

Standing in their way in the second-round are the 14th-seeded MAC Champions, the Western Michigan Broncos.The Broncos are back in the tournament after a decade-long absence. If Western Michigan is able to pull off the upset, they will likely do so because of two fifth-year seniors. Guard Davin Brown led the MAC with 19.4 points per game and earned MVP of the conference tournament after scoring a career-high 32 points that included five 3-pointers in the final against Toledo. 6-foot-11 center Shayne Whittington provides the Broncos with an imposing presence inside.Whittington averaged 16.3 points and 9.1 rebounds per game during the regular season for the Broncos.
WGR550

Weird Article Department
-
Western Michigan vs. Syracuse 2014 Score Ignites NCAA College ...

Last edited:
Syracuse's Jerami Grant posterizes Western Michigan during NCAA ...

Syracuse clamps down on WMU in blowout

CJ dunks on WMU

Syracuse vs. Western Michigan: Key players, key stats, talking points

Syracuse basketball defeats Western Michigan 77-53 (NCAA...

Syracuse's Zone Is Sharp in Opening Win

You Grade the Orange: Rate the Syracuse basketball team's...

Syracuse basketball rolls past Western Michigan in NCAA ...

NYBUE119-320_2014_145557_med.jpg

Trevor Cooney breaks out of his slump in No. 3 Syracuse'swin over ...

Syracuse stifles Western Michigan in NCAA Tournament

Syracuse hardly breaks a sweat, opens NCAA Tournament with 77 ...

Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Western Michigan 53

Syracuse cruises past Western Michigan, 77-53

Recap: Syracuse 77, Western Michigan 53

Syracuse handles Western Michigan

march+madness1.jpg

-
March Madness Infects North Country

Syracuse Orange back in rhythm with 22-point win over Western ...

Syracuse dominates from start to finish in win over Western Michigan

Canada's Ennis leads Syracuse to win

Syracuse dominates from start to finish in victory over Western ...

1 Down, 5 To Go

No. 3 Syracuse cruises to 77-53 win

Defense helps Syracuse beat Western Michigan 77-53

Ncaa-5_0.jpg

-
NCAA Tournament draws swarm of hoops fans to downtown Buffalo

SU Fans Converge On Buffalo For Big Game
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/03/broncos_flock_to_the_berhard_c.html
Bronco fans flocked to the Berhard Center for WMU vs. Syracuse NCAA tournament game

Photos

2014 NCAA tournament: PS Photos Syracuse vs. Western Michigan

NCAA Tournament 2014: Ohio State vs. Dayton

Video
-
SU defeats Western Michigan, 77-53

Next Opponent

Dayton Stuns Ohio State In Thriller

4-point play: How No. 11 seed Dayton upset Ohio State

Sanford Lifts Dayton to 60-59 Win Over Ohio State

Vee Sanford ends Aaron Craft's career in heartbreak, sends Dayton ...

Dayton defeats Ohio State in NCAA Tournament

Syracuse Capsules

Louisville is favored in tonight's game for a program-record 46th straight time. The Cards have not been an underdog since playing at Syracuse on March 2, 2013. All told, U of L has been the favorite in 70 of their last 71 games.
Card Chronicle

I used to hear stories about how Jim Boehiem would whine and complain more than any other coach in the league and how Massamino and John Thompson hated his guts. I now see an old interview where a “whiny-faced” (as Mike Gorman put it) Boeheim throws a chair across a press conference because he was upset about a call in an old game against Georgetown.
Father's tales prove true in ESPN documentary

-
“My partner is a Michigan State grad and we're both big college basketball fans,” said Jamie Miller, managing director at the company. His partner is John Garretson. "My son goes to Syracuse, so I'm wearing an orange shirt today."
Watch March Madness college basketball at Garretson Financial in ...
-
NCAA-7.jpg

Syracuse fans at Pan American Grill & Brewery

March Madness with a side of house-distilled booze? Yes please. This sleek West Loop bar and distillery offers an offbeat locale for gameday viewing, complete with basketball-friendly food and specialty shots crafted by food and beverage director Krissy Schutte. CH Distillery‘s March Madness menu includes pork belly sliders with strawberry jam, chicken thigh sliders, garlic sausage sliders, chili, and cheese quesadillas. Shots are named for The University of Arizona, dubbed Bear Down, and Syracuse, named Otto’s Army. The former includes blueberry- and lemon zest-infused vodka and raspberry syrup, while the latter is cinnamon- and cardamom-infused CH whiskey with orange Curacao, and lemon juice.

LUXBAR, The Boundary, Bull & Bear, Porkchop, Chicago

ACC
-
If Gators advance, Pitt figures to be stiff challenge

Blogs
-
BjMijUXIIAAdVvf.jpg

Photo: Doug Marrone Takes Pictures With Syracuse Fans In Buffalo

2014 NCAA Tournament: Syracuse Cruises To 77-53 Victory Over ...

Syracuse dismantles Western Michigan

2014 NCAA Tournament Preview: No. 3 Syracuse vs. No. 11 Dayton

March Madness 2014 South Region: No. 3 Syracuse cruises past ...

University

2014 NCAA Tournament Recap: Dayton Drops Ohio State on Vee ...

Syracuse vs. Western Michigan: Score, Twitter Reaction from March ...

Syracuse University offering free, online class about lava

2014 NCAA Tournament Bracket Update: No. 14 Western Michigan Falls To No. 3 Syracuse

Last edited:
Fathers Tales: Kid who wrote it is from Seton Hall and his Father worked at Rollie Massimino's Camp, must be his father missed the Game that Night or he'd know why Boeheim threw the Chair. Ya the Big East now is alright