Thursday Night Football Not So Good Anymore | Syracusefan.com

Thursday Night Football Not So Good Anymore

What I thought was interesting, from SWC's awesome recap of the coach's show, was that SU/USC was the #2 watched game last weekend, just a fraction behind the #1. That's what exposure is, and why that game was played where it was

Agreed. The Thursday night CFB game is dead. I never thought Friday would work either with that being a HS football night, but it's better than the alternative of going up against the NFL.

But that .4 rating is still especially bad. I think our board attributed about .2 of that. Rutgers fans should thank us.

The RU-USF game was downright ugly and painful to watch.

IIRC, one of the lines in the new ACC TV deal with ESPN has us playing Boston College on Friday pretty often, but the wording in the article I read was kind of murky. It could be interpreted as Syracuse and Boston College will both play a Friday game (but not necessarily against each other), we will play each other the Friday after Thanksgiving, or something else entirely. We're definitely playing against someone on a Friday though.

If I remember it correctly, basically SU and BC will each have 1 home Friday night ACC game every year. In addition, the SU/BC matchup will typically be held on Thanksgiving Friday.

Rutgers silver helmets are dreadful. I thought I had turned on the wrong game until I saw BJ Daniels immediately throw a pick.

Maybe their "fans" had a hard time identifying them as well