Ticket Conflicts - Best Resale Market | Syracusefan.com

Ticket Conflicts - Best Resale Market

Pyle

All Conference
So as father of a varsity football player, it seems I have two conflicts with very little hope of resolution. Looks like I'm missing both GT and Stanford :(. So let me ask a few things. Is the GT time completely set at this point? Is there any chance at all this could be moved to a later start? Given the probability on injury is around 25%, what have people in my situation done in the past? How long do you wait to put them on the market? Which reseller market is best? Any advice is appreciated.

So as father of a varsity football player, it seems I have two conflicts with very little hope of resolution. Looks like I'm missing both GT and Stanford :(. So let me ask a few things. Is the GT time completely set at this point? Is there any chance at all this could be moved to a later start? Given the probability on injury is around 25%, what have people in my situation done in the past? How long do you wait to put them on the market? Which reseller market is best? Any advice is appreciated.
I believe GT is locked in for noon. It was announced by ACC and Syracuse.

as for resale, I dont know if anyone is better than the other. Ticketmaster seems to work the best for me in terms of verified transfer. The market will see changes this year with expectations and less seats in the dome. We shall see how that drives prices. I could see demand really driving $ up for good seats.

as for resale, I dont know if anyone is better than the other. Ticketmaster seems to work the best for me in terms of verified transfer. The market will see changes this year with expectations and less seats in the dome. We shall see how that drives prices. I could see demand really driving $ up for good seats.
Ticketmaster is the integrated partner and likely your best bet given how easy it is to sell and auto transfer through mycuse account. However some fans hate TM so you can always list on Seatgeek too or StubHub. But you have to be more on top of it there and quickly pull the tickets off TM if you use both. Seatgeek makes you take screenshots of the mobile ticket to verify it as part of listing.

We have two types of demand.. Demand for location of seat and Demand for price of seat. We don't have any Demand for scarcity of seat yet.

Since they have created such a price difference for seats in a town with little demand market it will be interesting to see it play out.

If had this seating back in the 90s with these resale tools the place would have been sold out every game.

Used to have good luck on StubHub when I had basketball seasons and worked a crazy schedule and needed to sell. Their upload/payput process was really easy. Not sure whose payout structure is best but I know Gametime is trying to make waves in this space as well.

Another possibility is donating tickets you can’t use - I’ve typically donated to Big Brothers/Big Sisters but there’s other organizations that will accept ticket donations also. Most Syracuse football games, you’ll struggle to get face value for tickets in the resale market (at least historically, with the capacity reduction I’m not sure that will continue but expect in the short term it will). I’d rather donate the tickets and feel good about it than sell them at a loss and feel bitter about it.

Many years ago when I first donated to BBBS, I got a letter forwarded to me by the director at the time from a “Big” who’d used my tickets detailing what she and her “little” did and what a great time they had - so I have at least some reason to think it’s making a positive difference in the community in a small way.