Ticket Sales for upcoming season? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ticket Sales for upcoming season?

There was a lot of hype before 2019. I don't think we hit that level of hype before this season starts. We also don't have a big time home game like we did in 2019.

Our Top 5 non P5 attended home games since we joined the ACC...

1. Nova 2014 41,189
2. Western Michigan 2019 40,700
3. Holy Cross 2019 40,575
4. Army 2023 37,594
5. UConn 2018 36,632

And going back to 2000 we only had two other games that hit 40k (Rhode Island 2002, Buffalo 2000).

Can we really expect Ohio, Holy Cross, and Hawaii to all break 40k?

As to the P5 games we only had 12 games over those ten ACC seasons that hit 42k. Can we really expect all of Miami, VA Tech, GA Tech, and Stanford to hit that?

I think there will be a lag where the reduced capacity is a big factor in 2025. Not sure it hits in 2024, and if it does IMO it won't happen till mid September.

Yes

We averaged 40K total average attendance 2 seasons ago.
IIRC, I was told our highest ever STHer count was 38K in 1998.

Just spit-balling here

42.5K capacity
7.5 K Students
3.0 K Visitors
32K STHers

Our STHer base last year was approximately 20-22K
I really think we could get to 32K with common sense pricing and some hype.

Even if we got 5-6K more by late July...I can see SU doing STHer updates to create scarcity.

FOMO would kick in once we get below 3K.

Seven Game Season?
Ohio, Holy Cross, Hawaii?, Miami, Virginia Tech, Stanford, Georgia Tech

That is a solid schedule to sell tix to. Virginia Tech is expected to be much better this year, their fans are the only group I might see selling out their ticket allotment. Stanford is a possibility to sell out too. The only chance for any NE Stanford based alumni to make a game. Like I said we could sellout STHers but still average less than 42.5K due to the visitor allotment not selling out.

in 2022 we had big games that carried us over 40k. Louisville, Purdue, UVA, Wagner were all between 33,373 and 37,110. Which is well below 40k and 3 of those were P5 games. I wouldn't use 2022 to show we can sell out this season.

Jcuse I will preface by saying call your rep and that others can add way more than what I will now. For clarity I don't believe you are understanding correctly. You have not bought "more tickets ". Unlike last year, renewals are not being done with just an invoice in your Cuse.com account for the same tickets you had. Based on your donor ranking you will fall at a certain point to purchase either the same tickets you have had OR if impacted by either the new seating or higher donors, you would get new season tickets in a different potential area of your choosing and that are available. I think I framed that correctly.
That's what i was hoping. That makes me rage less.

Have they offered any guidance at all? Same vicinity I would think? That does suck, but chalk it up to a convergence of circumstances.
The original thinking was to seat the Dome as a new facility. Reaction to that approach was vehemently negative. Current plan is to work individually with renewing STHers to determine what aspects of seat location are important to each and making the effort to help find the best alternative. I think expect impact on football, even with the surge in interest, to be minimal. Biggest concern is to those currently seated where the new premium areas will be located and those who may be impacted by a relocation of the student section.

There's no invoice to pay in MyCuse account for existing season tix holders.

Just that "Fans interested in new season tickets for 2024 are encouraged to put down a deposit to be added to the waitlist for 2024 football season tickets."
Just put down a deposit for seasons for the first time ever.

The original thinking was to seat the Dome as a new facility. Reaction to that approach was vehemently negative. Current plan is to work individually with renewing STHers to determine what aspects of seat location are important to each and making the effort to help find the best alternative. I think expect impact on football, even with the surge in interest, to be minimal. Biggest concern is to those currently seated where the new premium areas will be located and those who may be impacted by a relocation of the student section.
This is right approach. I suspect folks won’t have to move a ton except in premium side on home side. There’s enough wiggle room on visitor side but of course, folks with aisle seats could get bumped a little. But most should be OK.

It’ll be harder on home side.

There was a lot of hype before 2019. I don't think we hit that level of hype before this season starts. We also don't have a big time home game like we did in 2019.

Our Top 5 non P5 attended home games since we joined the ACC...

1. Nova 2014 41,189
2. Western Michigan 2019 40,700
3. Holy Cross 2019 40,575
4. Army 2023 37,594
5. UConn 2018 36,632

And going back to 2000 we only had two other games that hit 40k (Rhode Island 2002, Buffalo 2000).

Can we really expect Ohio, Holy Cross, and Hawaii to all break 40k?

As to the P5 games we only had 12 games over those ten ACC seasons that hit 42k. Can we really expect all of Miami, VA Tech, GA Tech, and Stanford to hit that?

I think there will be a lag where the reduced capacity is a big factor in 2025. Not sure it hits in 2024, and if it does IMO it won't happen till mid September.
All true however you're overlooking the intangible here - #Frandemonium, and don't underestimate the who's-who of assistant coaches. That's going to count for many thousands in attendees, IMHO. Fran a lot more than the assistants, but it's an elite group.

It’s a new era of Syracuse football and College Football. It’s also a reduced capacity, but more comfortable fan experience incoming. Hopefully we market that into building a sell out streak.

Why is 7 game in college a huge commitment while 8 or 9 games in the NFL isn't?
In the NFL if you dont put down money to get the right to buy season tickets you dont get season tickets. So it isnt a commitment issue its a demand/capacity issue.

There are more NFL fans that college fans around here as well.

even a bad Carolina team is a better game than the low level teams we play OC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom