Ticket Scalpers | Syracusefan.com

Ticket Scalpers

shantydaze

Scout Team
So . . . I am a little annoyed right now. I usually bring my nephew to basketball game on our annual Christmas trip to see my in-laws. Last year, the whole family went to a game because the tickets were very cheap (I payed more for two tickets to see SU play Wisconsin in Madison than I did for eight tickets at the Carrier Dome). I looked in October to see what tickets were going for on Stubhub for the Eastern Michigan game and would have been able to get similar cheap seats for the whole family again.

My wife spoke to her sister to see if she and her husband were interested in going again. They were and she indicated my brother-in-law would get the tickets. Fast forward to this week and lo and behold, my brother-in-law never got any tickets and the under cheap tickets are gone (as an aside, why the hell would anyone put tickets on Stubhub for $500 each for an Eastern Michigan game over break?).

My in-laws live about an hour outside of Syracuse and we are not getting in until late Saturday night, and I am not confident I can drag my oldest nephew to Syracuse on Tuesday to get the "Home for the Holidays" $10 ticket or whether they are still available.

While there are some tickets for a reasonable price on Stubhub, I was wondering whether anyone knew what I could expect to pay on the street and whether I could get five tickets together.

Also, I understand I could have asked the bolded question, but I just wanted to rant a little.

what kind of tickets are you looking for? $20 in the upper, $80 in the 100s, $40 behind the baskets.

So . . . I am a little annoyed right now. I usually bring my nephew to basketball game on our annual Christmas trip to see my in-laws. Last year, the whole family went to a game because the tickets were very cheap (I payed more for two tickets to see SU play Wisconsin in Madison than I did for eight tickets at the Carrier Dome). I looked in October to see what tickets were going for on Stubhub for the Eastern Michigan game and would have been able to get similar cheap seats for the whole family again.

My wife spoke to her sister to see if she and her husband were interested in going again. They were and she indicated my brother-in-law would get the tickets. Fast forward to this week and lo and behold, my brother-in-law never got any tickets and the under cheap tickets are gone (as an aside, why the hell would anyone put tickets on Stubhub for $500 each for an Eastern Michigan game over break?).

My in-laws live about an hour outside of Syracuse and we are not getting in until late Saturday night, and I am not confident I can drag my oldest nephew to Syracuse on Tuesday to get the "Home for the Holidays" $10 ticket or whether they are still available.

While there are some tickets for a reasonable price on Stubhub, I was wondering whether anyone knew what I could expect to pay on the street and whether I could get five tickets together.

Also, I understand I could have asked the bolded question, but I just wanted to rant a little.

Five tickets on any platform is tough, man - I'd say you're better off looking for 3 + 2 in same section. If you stick with online sales, check SeatGeek or fanxchange - both are reliable and typically cheaper than StubHub.

Edit: check eBay for StubHub gift card deals - I bought a few a week or two ago at 20% off, and I think they're running the same deal again.

what kind of tickets are you looking for? $20 in the upper, $80 in the 100s, $40 behind the baskets.

Since two of my nephews are under ten and don't specifically care about the game, I was looking at the upper deck. Stubhub had five tickets together for $24 in the upper deck that would have been looking over the curtain if it was still there.

Have you tried the university ticket office? Why go through the other suppliers if they have tickets.

Since two of my nephews are under ten and don't specifically care about the game, I was looking at the upper deck. Stubhub had five tickets together for $24 in the upper deck that would have been looking over the curtain if it was still there.

As an off topic aside, I miss that darn curtain. Made the atmosphere much better, imo.

As an off topic aside, I miss that darn curtain. Made the atmosphere much better, imo.

I wish they would bring it back. I couldn’t care less about the video screen above the end zone at the other end of the Dome. It does very little to enhance my enjoyment of the game. The curtain brings more value by making it feel somewhat like a basketball arena.

If the Dome renovation actually happens, I hope they address this somehow.

Have you tried the university ticket office? Why go through the other suppliers if they have tickets.

This^^^^^^ X 2. You could also likely find 2 in one row and 3 in directly in front or behind or vice versa.

how many of the people in the dome couldnt see over around the screen? seems like much of the upper deck could see over it as i recall?

I wish they would bring it back. I couldn’t care less about the video screen above the end zone at the other end of the Dome. It does very little to enhance my enjoyment of the game. The curtain brings more value by making it feel somewhat like a basketball arena.

If the Dome renovation actually happens, I hope they address this somehow.

BlueCurtain? you're back???

If you don’t have any luck with the box office (which I think is your best bet) my daughter has a student i.d. and she could buy 5 tickets for you for $10 apiece tonight when we go to the game tonight. However, you would have to sit in the student section which isn’t the greatest view. PM me if you would like to do this.

Thanks everyone for the offers to help with tickets. My nephew and I drove over to Syracuse on Wednesday and were able to get seven student promotional tickets from the box office in Section 309.

Love people complaining about what other's do with their own property.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom