Tickets | Syracusefan.com

Tickets

rjs13090

Walk On
What is everyone doing regarding paying the bill? I'm apprehensive to send them $9000+ not knowing if we will use the tickets?

I paid mine a few days ago. I just hope we have fans. If not, I’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

What is everyone doing regarding paying the bill? I'm apprehensive to send them $9000+ not knowing if we will use the tickets?
Paid mine Friday, not 9G however. If no games or crowd allowed you can roll them over to 2021 according to Athletic dept. or donate the money to them(not me).

Paid mine Friday, not 9G however. If no games or crowd allowed you can roll them over to 2021 according to Athletic dept. or donate the money to them(not me).
Also heard you can get a refund, but I'm not positive on that.

Based on this letter of May 28, I haven't paid anything to renew tickets yet. I assume all season ticket holders got the same message. It says we don't know yet what is happening ... so please wait for further information.

387a14f5-fa5b-4f51-95b9-b4ab798bfccd.jpg

Greetings from Syracuse University Athletics. We hope that you and your loved ones are healthy and safe.

We are reaching out today to you as an Orange football, men’s or women’s basketball season ticket holder to let you know that Syracuse Athletics is reviewing many potential plans for attendance at our home events this fall. We are evaluating facility plans from world-leading organizations, such as Disney and the NFL, to help us determine a plan to best serve our fans and employ the safest practices possible. The University is working closely with public health and government officials to create and deploy a public health strategy that protects and safeguards the well-being of our fans, student-athletes, and the campus and Central New York communities.

In regard to football season, at this time we are anticipating and planning for reduced capacity to some degree. As we continue to work through these important planning processes, we believe it is best that we pause our football seat upgrade and parking process. For men’s and women’s basketball it is simply too early to tell.

Therefore, fans are welcome to continue to renew or purchase new season tickets for all of our sports, however, we ask for your patience and understanding in the event we need to make seating adjustments to comply with COVID-19 prevention best practices.

Once we have more details and greater clarity, we will reconnect with you about next steps.

Wishing you and all of Orange Nation good health.

Sincerely,
5723e55d-bf71-4b68-946e-944279684531.jpg

John Wildhack
Director of Athletics

Last edited:
Based on this letter of May 28, I haven't paid anything to renew tickets yet. I assume all season ticket holders got the same message.

387a14f5-fa5b-4f51-95b9-b4ab798bfccd.jpg

Greetings from Syracuse University Athletics. We hope that you and your loved ones are healthy and safe.

We are reaching out today to you as an Orange football, men’s or women’s basketball season ticket holder to let you know that Syracuse Athletics is reviewing many potential plans for attendance at our home events this fall. We are evaluating facility plans from world-leading organizations, such as Disney and the NFL, to help us determine a plan to best serve our fans and employ the safest practices possible. The University is working closely with public health and government officials to create and deploy a public health strategy that protects and safeguards the well-being of our fans, student-athletes, and the campus and Central New York communities.

In regard to football season, at this time we are anticipating and planning for reduced capacity to some degree. As we continue to work through these important planning processes, we believe it is best that we pause our football seat upgrade and parking process. For men’s and women’s basketball it is simply too early to tell.

Therefore, fans are welcome to continue to renew or purchase new season tickets for all of our sports, however, we ask for your patience and understanding in the event we need to make seating adjustments to comply with COVID-19 prevention best practices.

Once we have more details and greater clarity, we will reconnect with you about next steps.

Wishing you and all of Orange Nation good health.

Sincerely,
5723e55d-bf71-4b68-946e-944279684531.jpg

John Wildhack
Director of Athletics
Basketball commitment must be in by June 26, either in full or a payment plan. The letter you posted does not show the mandatory commitment date, which is June 26 for basketball.
You better get on this pretty soon, if you are committing.

Basketball commitment must be in by June 26, either in full or a payment plan. The letter you posted does not show the mandatory commitment date, which is June 26 for basketball.
You better get on this pretty soon, if you are committing.

I spoke with my sales rep and June 26 is a “soft” date. He said they would not cancel anyone’s seats if they didn’t renew by that date. He said they havent come up with a hard date but it’ll probably be in July. Anyone that pays any money and then isn’t comfortable going can get their money back in full, put it towards next year or donate it.

I spoke with my sales rep and June 26 is a “soft” date. He said they would not cancel anyone’s seats if they didn’t renew by that date. He said they havent come up with a hard date but it’ll probably be in July. Anyone that pays any money and then isn’t comfortable going can get their money back in full, put it towards next year or donate it.
Well I talked to my rep too, and I also have a letter giving June 26 as the commitment date. The letter states everything else that you say as true but says nothing about a soft date, in any case I have made my commitment. Worse comes to worse I have already paid for 2021.
I do believe no one will be cast out of their seats in any case.
I believe the hardness of the date is mainly if you are using a payment plan, if you are, the first payment is deducted from your bank account/credit card on July 1.

Last edited:
Well I talked to my rep too, and I also have a letter giving June 26 as the commitment date. The letter states everything else that you say as true but says nothing about a soft date, in any case I have made my commitment. Worse comes to worse I have already paid for 2021.

it is probably a fluid situation. Just out of coincidence I talked to my guy today.

it is probably a fluid situation. Just out of coincidence I talked to my guy today.
I talked to mine yesterday about this, parking passes for football, and transferring my account to my son.
He seemed to be pretty confident there would be football with limited seating capacity.
You are right to put it mildly the situation is fluid.

From what I have been told, the keyword for ticketing will be flexibility. As Bees said, if you renew and are uncomfortable you will be able to roll the money forward or get a refund AND will be able to protect your seat locations for the next year. This is second hand information. If you're concerned, please call your rep and discuss. I am fully paid for football and basketball, first of all because I fully expect to attend at least some games but also as a show of support. The department has been hit with unplanned expenses (extra year for spring sports seniors among others) and diminished revenues and can use all the liquidity they can get!

I believe the hardness of the date is mainly if you are using a payment plan, if you are, the first payment is deducted from your bank account/credit card on July 1.
That's how I took it so last week I made my 1st payment for hoops. I figured it would show my commitment and it's not like the money was going to disappear. It will be on my account for whenever they play.

Just curious if any of the regular season ticket holders have been told they may have to actually move their seats in order to allow for appropriate spacing.

Just curious if any of the regular season ticket holders have been told they may have to actually move their seats in order to allow for appropriate spacing.

Not that I have heard of. Football would be first IMO.

But for only an extra $500 seat, you get an addtional table to hold your caviar and ortolan right next to your White Claw.

Well done. That cracked me up.

I don't like paying the price I do for what we've witnessed the last handful of years, and I sit higher up in the 3rd level. ;)

Don't think they know yet what the attendance cap will be so hard to tell. I would expect most of us will be moved somewhat to accommodate SD though.

Don't think they know yet what the attendance cap will be so hard to tell. I would expect most of us will be moved somewhat to accommodate SD though.
I can't imagine what a logistical nightmare this is going to be. Will they require that you not resell individual game tickets? If they allow corporate season holders to keep theirs, and keep them together (side by side without any distancing), will they require that the folks who use those corp. tickets all be part of the same family group? (only asking because my sister occasionally gets the corp tickets for hoops - 8 of them together)

I can't imagine what a logistical nightmare this is going to be. Will they require that you not resell individual game tickets? If they allow corporate season holders to keep theirs, and keep them together (side by side without any distancing), will they require that the folks who use those corp. tickets all be part of the same family group? (only asking because my sister occasionally gets the corp tickets for hoops - 8 of them together)
My best guess is no on the family question. The NYS guidelines currently allow for "groups" to include non-family members. In other words, you can go to dinner or a bar and sit with non-family members, but your "group" should stay 6 feet away from the next group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom