Time for Ithaca Barrel to eat some crow. | Syracusefan.com

Time for Ithaca Barrel to eat some crow.

Let's hear all the negatives after this game.

And Tomcat too right?

He's one of the most respected posters here and one of the, if not biggest, SU fan I know. He's been very critical of the offense thus far.

So those of you calling out IB and Millhouse need to call out Tomcat as well.

Can't be critical about them posting how bad the offense had been because it had been pretty bad. Tonight was a breath of fresh air. They clearly looked at playcalling as Marrone said, wanted to keep going back to plays that worked. Very impressive effort all around.

IB and Millhouse have been on these boards for an awful long time. I think it's safe to say that they're fans, too. And that when they're wrong about something, or , they own it. If they don't, I really don't care. But anyway, they're good eggs and what Chip says above is true.

Bottom line, can't we all just enjoy a friggin program-defining win? The announcing team was basically providing viewers with a Public Service Announcement for Syracuse football tradition and future. The team clicked on all cylinders, the play calling was fantastic (and a nice balance of run and pass) and we won. Tonight was a night were not much went wrong.

Or maybe I'm just a meathead with orange colored glasses.

And the crowd was large. The Dome looks MUCH better when the silver seats are at a minimum.

IB is a legend dude. He's the board's chicken little, but likes Widespread and is way cooler.

Ehh, nobody here needs to eat crow. We're all Syracuse fans. And we all have our moments when we are right, and wrong. Let's enjoy the win.

Where that offensive line came from, I do not know.

That Rutgers game is going to come back to haunt us.

No one needs to eat crow on here. It's a personal choice. I would never write a post saying someone is wrong either way.

Rahme ate crow-(I didn't think he was wrong). I do want to say that I respect him for owning what he thought was a mistake.

my grandfathers cousin from Rome ended up living in Ithaca married to a librarian from Cornell. Every time my family went down to see them, we always ended up eating KFC. I'll always equate ithaca with KFC. Where am I going with this, I don't know.

that's not the offense we've seen or anyone has been complaining about - I'd say he's more vindicated than needs to eat crow

was awesome - so incredibly different than what we've seen at times recently.

great job by the staff and the players!!!!

Not familiar with every IB post, but when the team plays poorly and people say they've played poorly, that's fair and reasonable comment.

If the same critique contines when the team plays well, that's reason to raise an eyebrow.

Fans have a right to offer reasonable criticism based on performance.

Blind loyalty benefits no one.

What the F is wrong with you? Biggest win in ages and you're looking score Internet points. I hope IB tells you to .

BS. If certain guys have a license to criticize the team after losses, then others have the right to call them out a week after those guys decried the coach and quarterback and questioned their abilities to coach and lead.

Just because someone has 19,000 posts to their name, doesn't grant them immunity from end-of-the-world, panic posts after losses.

The team won BIG tonight and EVERY ONE OF US is pumped. Those bums who overreact after losses CAN and SHOULD eat crow and I'm glad they're getting called out. It's all in good fun and adds to the livelihood on the board. So to answer your question, nothing is wrong with the person who started this thread.

Why would he need to?The team looked great tonight.This is what we've been looking for all year.They can play like this the rest of the way and it wont change the fact that the O sucked and sucked HUGE through the first 6 games.

And Tomcat too right?

He's one of the most respected posters here and one of the, if not biggest, SU fan I know. He's been very critical of the offense thus far.

So those of you calling out IB and Millhouse need to call out Tomcat as well.

Can't be critical about them posting how bad the offense had been because it had been pretty bad. Tonight was a breath of fresh air. They clearly looked at playcalling as Marrone said, wanted to keep going back to plays that worked. Very impressive effort all around.
I have criticized the offense quite a bit this year and in past years as well. That being said, I have complete confidence in DM as our head coach, would rather have him than any other coach in the country and I have complete confidence he and his staff will address problems and continue to upgrade the program as they have done from day 1.

No offense to IB or Millhouse, but I am not in their camp and I think DM is one smart dude.

my grandfathers cousin from Rome ended up living in Ithaca married to a librarian from Cornell. Every time my family went down to see them, we always ended up eating KFC. I'll always equate ithaca with KFC. Where am I going with this, I don't know.
Cali?

I have criticized the offense quite a bit this year and in past years as well. That being said, I have complete confidence in DM as our head coach, would rather have him than any other coach in the country and I have complete confidence he and his staff will address problems and continue to upgrade the program as they have done from day 1.

No offense to IB or Millhouse, but I am not in their camp and I think DM is one smart dude.
Hear, Hear!!

I'm not in your camp. Get it straight bub

kidding

BS. If certain guys have a license to criticize the team after losses, then others have the right to call them out a week after those guys decried the coach and quarterback and questioned their abilities to coach and lead.

Just because someone has 19,000 posts to their name, doesn't grant them immunity from end-of-the-world, panic posts after losses.

The team won BIG tonight and EVERY ONE OF US is pumped. Those bums who overreact after losses CAN and SHOULD eat crow and I'm glad they're getting called out. It's all in good fun and adds to the livelihood on the board. So to answer your question, nothing is wrong with the person who started this thread.

Triple uggh. IB's and Millhouse's posts are very entertaining. They are a big reason why I log on. Posters that sanctimoniously and conviently "call them out" are not.

IB and Milly usually, freely, admit when they are wrong. Why do they need to be called out?

We're a couple weeks from barely beating a team that lost by 40 to Army in a stadium with 3,000 people. And now, we wallop a team that was within a few TDs of the #1 team in the country.

College kids are emotional. I've only my limited subjective observations to support this, but I think our players get up for the big games. If they can do this, it is on the coaches for not getting them up for the Tulanes of the world. Let's cherish this moment because who knows what team will show up when we are next on ESPN3 or the Oprah Network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom