time frame for new coach hire? | Syracusefan.com

time frame for new coach hire?

CuseACC

Walk On
What amazes me throughout this entire ordeal is the silence from both SU as well as Marrone. Equally baffling to me is the fact that the players and incoming recruits were all caught by surprise by the news. So now, what kind of time frame are we looking at for the next coach hiring? By Friday? Two weeks? What about recruits like Gus Edwards? Is anybody from the coaching staff talking to these kids? Is Gross interviewing anyone at this time? We know nothing!!!

Would like to hear something from SU, but don't want to rush the hire. let's get the best guy possible.

All i am saying is we know absolutely nothing. No press conferences, no press releases, nothing but statements from adam schefter or "league sources". Its time for someone high up to give us something. Ive never been this left in the dark and swindled since i went to see m knight shaymalan's "The Village".

Edwards already tweeted that he is is now looking at Miami, Rutgers & one other school that now escapes me. Possibly he is unhappy with things as they stand? (Sarcasm, in case you didn't know)

there is an article about Zach Allen's feeling on scout. I washed my hands of that site, so I have no idea what it says.

Also saw a retweet on Axe's feed from an existing player commenting that they didn't even get a text or anything from Marrone. Sounds like if he decides to get the whole team together, he may not get a completely warm reception.

Yes I also saw the tweet from Edwards. The other school is Florida State. I also saw the post from players like Jerome Smith. Marrone definitely did not handle the players the right way in all of this. In all of this, that is the most amazing aspect of all of this to me when you consider the family atmosphere he promoted. Anyway I just want something from Gross or something official from the University. This is ridiculous.

You do appreciate that it's not official with Buffalo at this point, right? It's going to happen, no doubt, but what do you want Gross to say? "Yes, we too watch ESPN. ... I am 100% certain someone will be coaching the football team next fall."

All i am saying is we know absolutely nothing. No press conferences, no press releases, nothing but statements from adam schefter or "league sources". Its time for someone high up to give us something. Ive never been this left in the dark and swindled since i went to see m knight shaymalan's "The Village".

It is frustrating, but not a lot Syracuse University can say/do PUBLICLY.

Repeat, publicly.

As you stated, biggest disappointment is the way Marrone has (not) dealt with his players. I would expect more of him...and hoping maybe he did do some communication with a couple coaches or leadership players when more info eventually comes out.

Yes I also saw the tweet from Edwards. The other school is Florida State. I also saw the post from players like Jerome Smith. Marrone definitely did not handle the players the right way in all of this. In all of this, that is the most amazing aspect of all of this to me when you consider the family atmosphere he promoted. Anyway I just want something from Gross or something official from the University. This is ridiculous.
GROW UP

What amazes me throughout this entire ordeal is the silence from both SU as well as Marrone. Equally baffling to me is the fact that the players and incoming recruits were all caught by surprise by the news. So now, what kind of time frame are we looking at for the next coach hiring? By Friday? Two weeks? What about recruits like Gus Edwards? Is anybody from the coaching staff talking to these kids? Is Gross interviewing anyone at this time? We know nothing!!!

If you're going out interviewing for promotions, you never, ever, ever tell your subordinates about that. Your superiors, yes, because you answer to them and they have a right to know in order to start putting feelers out for a replacement. It's pretty shady if you don't inform your superiors (in this case Dr. Gross), but to inform your staff, players, recruits, etc that you are interviewing is irresponsible at best. All you're going to do is create panic and paranoia whether you leave or you don't. And if you don't leave, you just created panic and paranoia for nothing.

Now if Marrone doesn't have an "all hands on deck" meeting prior to his departure, then I would agree that's in bad taste. People that report to him, whether staff or player, deserve that. I expect that he will because at no point during his SU tenure has he come off as being that type of person.

Now is not the time to be impatient because you will just drive yourself crazy.

I doubt Marrone wants to send out an email to his players. He'll speak to them when they come back to SU next weekend.Didn't Pitt's old coach catch hell from everyone by just sending out an email? Nothing is official yet. I'm sure something will be said tomorrow.

I doubt Marrone wants to send out an email to his players. He'll speak to them when they come back to SU next weekend.Didn't Pitt's old coach catch hell from everyone by just sending out an email? Nothing is official yet. I'm sure something will be said tomorrow.

It would be nice though if he sent out just a short, general email informing all the players that they will have a formal meeting on their return. At least to stop all the social media stuff until they do meet.

Time frame depends on how much leg work has been done to-date as we don't know. Friday is really really pushing it though I think as this might take a little while.

I'd rather get the right coach than hire quickly. That means even if Shafer is placed as an "interim" HC for a while to either prove himself or provide time to conduct a quality search. I expect Hacket to go with DM but I could be 100% wrong obviously on all of this as this is complete speculation.

"All of this" used a but much because of auto correct, my bad.