Time to call in an expert | Syracusefan.com

Time to call in an expert

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
navarro1copy.png

*Joe Navaro, a former FBI agent and body language expert might be a guy to call in to check this out:

Check Davis starting at 1:10 of this tape

I'm no expert but I have learned that when a person blinks a lot, and censors as they speak that they are not telling the truth. Watch Davis' face closely you can see a smirk, almost a smile as if to say I'm building a case that is going to get me a lot of money.

Your thoughts?

*Navaro's Wikipedia

I think that regardless of the veracity of Davis and his step-brother Bernie's career is over. That said, I hope the allegations are untrue.

I think that regardless of the veracity of Davis and his step-brother Bernie's career is over. That said, I hope the allegations are untrue.

With how vigorous JB has been in defending Fine, I wouldn't be surprised if he hung it up if he was told Fine was being retired. If this story unravels quickly it greatly improves the chances that there's minimal fallout, and it seems like the more the accusers and Schwatz talk the more holes in the story get exposed, so there's a chance that's the way this goes

I thought the kid protrayed himself (as did his step brother) very poorly in that interview. Kind of spastic, nervous, twitchy and unsure of what he was trying to say. Hey if its true then god bless this kid for coming out but I still am very suspicious of his accusations.

The biggest problem that I see is that these guys are giving their stories to police and I am still not sure what the police can or will do about it. It sounds based on ESPN's reporting that there still isnt anyone else that witnessed any of this (even the 2 accusers cannot corroborate the other story) and they are likely past any criminal SOL. So just on a very simple level, without a new kid, I am struggling to see how this goes anywhere legally (much like 2005) but it has gone quite far in the court of public opinion, unfortunately.

Even if true, it is incorrect to report that Davis was abused and molested for 15 years. For at least 9 of those years he was an adult.

navarro1copy.png

*Joe Navaro, a former FBI agent and body language expert might be a guy to call in to check this out:

Check Davis starting at 1:10 of this tape

I'm no expert but I have learned that when a person blinks a lot, and censors as they speak that they are not telling the truth. Watch Davis' face closely you can see a smirk, almost a smile as if to say I'm building a case that is going to get me a lot of money.

Your thoughts?

*Navaro's Wikipedia
i sure hope futzing around with your nose isn't a sign of a liar

I am no expert on molestation, but my understanding is that if you molest children, this is typically not a behavior that can be voluntarily suppressed. Do it once and you are bound to do it again. IF these accusations are true (God I hope not), then there have to be other victims who are not middle aged. There should be a large number of victims who do not fall outside the SOL that can corroborate this story.

I for one will be holding my breath over the next few days hoping that there are no new credible allegations that surface. I deparately want to believe that Bernie is innocent. The strong support voiced by JB, and former coaches and student mangers are giving me confort. If it turns out that Bernie is guilty, his ass should fry. If he is innocent his reputation is ruined and it is time to hang up the old whistle & clipboard.

I for one will be holding my breath over the next few days hoping that there are no new credible allegations that surface.
As will I. Unfortunately, it will be more like weeks/months and not just days.

Your thoughts?

It's not the act of blinking, some people blink quite often without even knowing it.

It's the duration of the blink per this article on tell tale signs of lying.

but also watch for abnormally long blinks. If they take a blink longer than one full second, they're not thinking of pausing, they're lying.
Cheers,
Neil

The biggest problem that I see is that these guys are giving their stories to police and I am still not sure what the police can or will do about it. It sounds based on ESPN's reporting that there still isnt anyone else that witnessed any of this (even the 2 accusers cannot corroborate the other story) and they are likely past any criminal SOL. So just on a very simple level, without a new kid, I am struggling to see how this goes anywhere legally (much like 2005) but it has gone quite far in the court of public opinion, unfortunately.

Yeah, I can't understand the distinction, unless there's a different standard for "pattern of abuse" or something. If it was outside the SOL 8 years ago, it should still be.

When I saw Davis speaking, my first reaction was that the "lie evaluators" will have a ball with this guy. Alternatively, he has some real neurological problems.

I got the feeling the kid wasn't reliving past events while talking. He was just rattling off key words he put in his memory. In other words he wasn't remembering moments he was just remembering words.

I got the feeling the kid wasn't reliving past events while talking. He was just rattling off key words he put in his memory. In other words he wasn't remembering moments he was just remembering words.
I found it strange that Schwarz used as verification to himself that the story was "word for word, almost verbatim what he told me in 2003." Thats is odd. Re-telling of events changes overtime even if the facts are the same. But to repeat yourself word for word? That is unusual.

When I saw Davis speaking, my first reaction was that the "lie evaluators" will have a ball with this guy. Alternatively, he has some real neurological problems.
or drug use problems

Did you notice he said, while "recalling" the molestation scene, he called him Bernie? "Hey Bernie, I'm not comfortable with this." What 10 year old kid calls an SU coach by first name? I still call my closest family friends, whom I see a couple times every week for the past 20 years, Mr. and Mrs. _____

In case you are curious, the georgetown board found both accusers to be highly credible in their interviews on ESPN.

Overheard, many of his mannerisms and communication quirks are those of a crack cocaine abuser. This came from several people who are or were users.