Time to give JB some credit | Syracusefan.com

Time to give JB some credit

Gabjon

All American
For the better ball movement and player movement we have seen over the pass 2 games.

I will agree, though it did kind of fizzle out in the second half today (not coincidentally, that's around when we started to fail to score). Credit Pitt with playing stingier defense in the second half, of course, particularly on Southerland, but in the first half we were getting 4, 5, or even 6 passes per possession, while in the second half we seemed to be taking shots after maybe one or two or three passes.

That said, our increased shooting percentages can be directly attributed by the fact that the past two games we seem to better understand that better shots come from increased ball movement.

That and our guys are starting to play to their strengths. MCW and Triche are shooting less and CJ and James are shooting more. JB also used his bench in the second half, which was good to see.

or a PG can look when the shooters make their shots

There's more to effective point guard play that just assists. I don't think that 90% of the posters on this board understand that.

And yes--MCW played well today.

Amazing how good [or bad] a coach can look when their players execute [or fail to execute].

Agreed! Coaches get most of the blame and players get most of the credit...it ain't easy!

There's more to effective point guard play that just assists. I don't think that 90% of the posters on this board understand that.

And yes--MCW played well today.
Agreed. Frankly, earlier this season when our offense first showing signs of slowing down I thought it was precisely because MCW was trying to rack up assists. Making a pass that leads to an assist, for example, is just as important as directly assisting on a bucket. Among other things, of course.

Off the ball movement is so much better the past few games.

I think the thing that needs to be acknowledged is that this team is nowhere near the worst team of JB's tenure...

Some of those threads were so over the top when Cuse was losing to Top 25 teams, it was borderline ridiculous.

Amazing how good [or bad] a coach can look when their players execute [or fail to execute].
Didn't you know that if the shots are made, it's talent and if they are missed it's bad coaching.

I think the thing that needs to be acknowledged is that this team is nowhere near the worst team of JB's tenure...

Some of those threads were so over the top when Cuse was losing to Top 25 teams, it was borderline ridiculous.

Lots of ridiculous, dumb stuff gets posted on BOTH forums when we lose.

Lots of ridiculous, dumb stuff gets posted on BOTH forums when we lose.

I think the MCW/James Theus post might go down as one of the most legendary scriptures in board history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom