Time to return with a great season next year. | Syracusefan.com

Time to return with a great season next year.

I haven't been this excited about an upcoming season for awhile
Do you think we will be okay at center next year with PC and Sidibe? Also howard as main PG?

Genuinely curious for your thoughts as others have expressed hesitation

I haven't been this excited about an upcoming season for awhile
I am super excited about next year...but I also thought we were gonna be crazy good last year...so I really don’t know much!

I have been counting down the games until next year. I think we will be terrific. Not worried about Howard. Not worried about center. Our guys are getting better. More players next year. More options on offense next year. Oh, and then the guys went and made the tournament and won 3 games and gave a great game in this one.

I like our team even without Battle. Marek is going to be awesome next year.
Battle will be missed for sure. Just keep an eye on OB. He had one of those tournament runs that will get him some looks. Hopefully he looks at those opportunities with Orange tinted glasses and comes back next year. With him we would have one of the youngest, most experienced teams. And with the freshmen coming in we can be crazy good!

Do you think we will be okay at center next year with PC and Sidibe? Also howard as main PG?

Yes, if Sidibe is healthy.

Howard...not so much. If Carey is the real deal and ready to be a good player that makes it so we don’t have to rely on him as much.

Yes, if Sidibe is healthy.

Howard...not so much. If Carey is the real deal and ready to be a good player that makes it so we don’t have to rely on him as much.
I wish I could agree with you but JB is really hard headed when it comes to the seniors.

Yep, I think we will be ok. Better than ok.

Despite what Howard showed today, he played decently this season, IMO. And this was still his 1st year of full-time PG experience. He should theoretically continue to improve (even if its incrementally).

PC same thing. He played well this year, this was his 1st year playing full-time, and he should continue to progress.

They become those 21-22 year old players that are just physically more advanced than mostly younger opponents.

Plus, they both got us this far this year, right?

Add in a bench - and a talented one at that! Imagine just being able to have options...being able to sit a guy like Frank tonight if he's playing terribly. There is real value in that. Value we didn't have this season.

Battle will be missed for sure. Just keep an eye on OB. He had one of those tournament runs that will get him some looks. Hopefully he looks at those opportunities with Orange tinted glasses and comes back next year. With him we would have one of the youngest, most experienced teams. And with the freshmen coming in we can be crazy good!

Thing is, OB shot 21-57 in the tourney. 37%. He was great in the first game, and had some big hoops late in games. But he didn’t play much different than he did all year. He was 14-42 the last 3 games.

True, but he also purposely seeks out contact and gets a ton of points at the line.

He does. Which is good. But there’s times when he flat out misses. There’s times when he dipsy doos when he shouldn’t. There’s times when he passes up a wide open 8 footer and makes a harder shot. He just doesn’t look real comfortable in there which is a shame because he can get there all day, is athletic and strong, and can make FT’s. If the “knack” can improve with experience, he’ll be really tough to stop.

I think with more dynamic talent on the floor Chukwu and Sidibe will look better.

Howard improved a lot in the off-season. No reason he can't continue getting better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom