Tip: Football Season Ticket Renewal | Syracusefan.com

Tip: Football Season Ticket Renewal

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
If you plan to move seats and you don't see anything available: call your ticket rep.

Also, they are masking some seats. If you want to downgrade and save some money: look at the $125 seats up high on the sidelines. You need to call your rep as they don't show.

Also for parking: 1-4 seats gets you 1 parking pass. If you bump up to 5 you can get 2 parking passes. Reselling unused tix is so much easier if you have a parking pass to go with it.

Remember in Tax Year 2023 if you resell tickets through SU's app: Expect a 1099 cut if you exceed $600 in sales. Hopefully a tax expert here can clarify.

Finally: I heard digital parking passes are being considered this Fall. I'll try to get an update this week.

Bump

texascpa or any other tax person any update on the 1099 rule as it pertains to reselling tix

Bump

texascpa or any other tax person any update on the 1099 rule as it pertains to reselling tix
A bunch of the affected apps are trying to get it reversed back to the old number. $600 is really too low. This affects Ebay, ticket sales, Facebook market etc.

its a strange world.. you buy $2000 in tickets and sell $600 you cant use and its considered income.. far diffrent than buying $2k and selling them at a profit.

you win $600 at the track or vegas and no one even tracks it..

did this go thru, just another example.

The SLOT Act, if passed and signed into law by President Joe Biden, would increase the jackpot tax reporting threshold from $1,200 to $5,000. That’s a more than 300% surge.

A bunch of the affected apps are trying to get it reversed back to the old number. $600 is really too low. This affects Ebay, ticket sales, Facebook market etc.
It affects me...as many know I buy away game tix and package a tailgate with it. I price it as a breakeven affair. Thankfully about 98% of the folks send me the money as "friends and family".

to me if you buy a ticket and sell it at a profit then it should go into the income bucket.. if you buy it and break even or take a loss is it really income?

same with gambling i can lose 20K in a yr but hit one nice 2k winner and you pay taxes on it where someone else his 100 $500 winners and can easily not pay taxes.

It affects me...as many know I buy away game tix and package a tailgate with it. I price it as a breakeven affair. Thankfully about 98% of the folks send me the money as "friends and family".
I thought it was like stocks - there’s a purchase basis and you only pay income on gains. Losses offset gains. The disclosure is supposed to get people to report income not penalize what you’re doing. But perhaps I have this wrong…

Why the hell am I being charged $150 for 2023 FB Premium Zone Amount?

Why the hell am I being charged $150 for 2023 FB Premium Zone Amount?
A little more detail is needed.

How many tix did you buy?

What was the price for each?

Each tix has a built in donation...even the $99 season tickets.

The good news if you send them a little extra money or buy a few more tix you can get excellent parking in Stadium West.

Still can't believe they didn't fix the upper deck pricing issue.

There are available seats as follows:

301 Row J is $650
301 Row K is $500
301 Row P is $350

So 6 rows back is $300 less, nearly half the price.

Still can't believe they didn't fix the upper deck pricing issue.

There are available seats as follows:

301 Row J is $650
301 Row K is $500
301 Row P is $350

So 6 rows back is $300 less, nearly half the price.
Lots of upper empties around the $500 and $650 level. They needed to charge $500 and $375 for those seats

I bought 3 seats on the aisle (38 yard line) Row S for $125 each. Those are value in the upper deck. I used them to get an extra parking pass for our tailgate. Clemson game alone will cover half the cost. The rest I sell at cost or less.

Last edited:
Lots of upper empties around the $500 and $650 level. They needed to charge $500 and $375 for those seats

I bought 3 seats on the aisle (38 yard line) Row S for $125 each. Those are value in the upper deck. I used them to get an extra parking pass for our tailgate. Clemson game alone will cover half the cost. The rest I sell at cost or less.

IMO the price gaps between A, B, C are too big. They probably should do lower level $650, $550, $450 and upper $600, $500, $400. Upper 1st dozen rows are A, next 8 rows are B, last 8 rows are C. So there would only be a $100 difference between last row A vs first row B, and a $200 difference for the 9 rows from A to C. A $300 difference for 6 rows is silly.