Tired of losing. | Syracusefan.com

Tired of losing.

OrangeCrush22

All Conference
I'm a young Syracuse fan. When I was old enough to start getting into watching sports it was the late P years. I can only vaguely remember getting blown out by Georgia Tech in '04. I can remember going with my dad to the Dome during the GROB years, and watching us get slaughtered. I figured we would always suck.

Then Marrone came along. His teams have a different feel to them, as a fan I feel confident we can win against anyone now. We've gone into Happy Valley, Husky Stadium, and the Coliseum then managed to hold our own. In his second year we went to a bowl game. We overachieved. This year we have overachieved too. I'd rather overachieve every year than underachieve every year though.

Fans say Marrone can't recruit. Really? Compare the speed and size of this year's team to GROB's 3rd year team. We've gone after "under the radar kids". You know why? "We can only attract the players nobody else wants" - Jim Brown. Marrone is looking for kids he knows he can hang on to, and that will bring speed, size, and depth to his roster.

I'm 18, kids my age don't remember McNabb at SU. We remember mediocrity. That's why Marrone is having trouble reeling in big talent. You know what people my age can remember? Rutgers in '06. UConn last year. That is why they out recruit us. Marrone is changing this though. Recruits are seeing us crush West Virginia on national TV, winning the Pinstripe Bowl, and hopefully they see us win another bowl this year too. I'm sure he is on the look out for people who can help with recruiting.

Is Wheatley not a good recruiter though? Isn't Wheatley the person tight with David Perkins? Is Marrone not the person who hired him? Could it be that he has good recruiters, and that my points on why we can't recruit top talent are valid?

I'm tired of watching this team lose too. However, we're no where near as bad as we used to be. We're improving, if you can't see that I question your intelligence.

"Rome wasn't built in a day."

So, stop calling for Marrone's head. Stop saying his side line demeanor is why we're losing. That's simply nonsense.

Let him get this done. He came here with a mission. "Put Syracuse football back on the map".

He is the only coach out there that will actually care about the university and the city itself. Other coaches will simply use us as a stepping stone. Marrone is the right man for the job.

Patience is a hard thing to cultivate, especially for message boards that live and die with every play of their team. Winning the bowl game last year may have set the bar a little higher than the current team can meet. Many complain about the offense and make a lot of good points about its lack of explosive plays, Nassib deep throws, small defense, etc. But I think there is improvement overall, just not as fast as we would like it. This loss was very painful because we all felt the Orange was better than UConn when in reality we are essentially the same level as them. The difference in talent between most of the teams in the Big East is very small (West Virginia being the notable exception and even they are losing conference games).

I'm a young Syracuse fan. When I was old enough to start getting into watching sports it was the late P years. I can only vaguely remember getting blown out by Georgia Tech in '04. I can remember going with my dad to the Dome during the GROB years, and watching us get slaughtered. I figured we would always suck.

Then Marrone came along. His teams have a different feel to them, as a fan I feel confident we can win against anyone now. We've gone into Happy Valley, Husky Stadium, and the Coliseum then managed to hold our own. In his second year we went to a bowl game. We overachieved. This year we have overachieved too. I'd rather overachieve every year than underachieve every year though.

Fans say Marrone can't recruit. Really? Compare the speed and size of this year's team to GROB's 3rd year team. We've gone after "under the radar kids". You know why? "We can only attract the players nobody else wants" - Jim Brown. Marrone is looking for kids he knows he can hang on to, and that will bring speed, size, and depth to his roster.

I'm 18, kids my age don't remember McNabb at SU. We remember mediocrity. That's why Marrone is having trouble reeling in big talent. You know what people my age can remember? Rutgers in '06. UConn last year. That is why they out recruit us. Marrone is changing this though. Recruits are seeing us crush West Virginia on national TV, winning the Pinstripe Bowl, and hopefully they see us win another bowl this year too. I'm sure he is on the look out for people who can help with recruiting.

Is Wheatley not a good recruiter though? Isn't Wheatley the person tight with David Perkins? Is Marrone not the person who hired him? Could it be that he has good recruiters, and that my points on why we can't recruit top talent are valid?

I'm tired of watching this team lose too. However, we're no where near as bad as we used to be. We're improving, if you can't see that I question your intelligence.

So, stop calling for Marrone's head. Stop saying his side line demeanor is why we're losing. That's simply nonsense.

Let him get this done. He came here with a mission. "Put Syracuse football back on the map".

He is the only coach out there that will actually care about the university and the city itself. Other coaches will simply use us as a stepping stone. Marrone is the right man for the job.
great post man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you're wise beyond your years Crush. And your damn good on most of your predictions too! Great post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom