Tired of the Dude? Here's a new guru to follow | Syracusefan.com

Tired of the Dude? Here's a new guru to follow

omniorange

All Conference
Get a load of these gems.

David South‏@DavidSouth1
@IngramSmith @theDudeofWV Mike Bell reporting ACC offers ND full membership, 1 1/2 shares compared conference 1 so 24 mil @ ACC w/ND= 36MIL

David South‏@DavidSouth1
@theDudeofWV As you know all that matters is money. Bell reports ND would get to advise on 16th ACC team with their 1 1/2 shares of revunue

David South‏@DavidSouth1
@FSUtotheBig12 ACC offered 1 1/2 share of revenue. IF ACC $$$ went to $24mil wth ND + 1 more, ND gets $36 mil, everyone else $23.2 mil

David South‏@DavidSouth1
@kingcfb ND and Louisville appears to be what FSU and football schools of ACC are pushing. They don't want UConn or Rutgers.

If ND was only concerned with $$$ they'd have already joined the BiG. :crazy:

Cheers,
Neil

hey folks...he is also tweeted with David Teel..one of most knowledgeable sports reporters out there on the ACC...so dont know if David is good or not...but he too had tweets on the supposed meeting yesterday...interestingly no denial anywhere...and in today's social media environment may be meaningful. Would like to just get back to 'Cuse gettng out of the BE and into the ACC by 7/'13...but no news on that either.

hey folks...he is also tweeted with David Teel..one of most knowledgeable sports reporters out there on the ACC...so dont know if David is good or not...but he too had tweets on the supposed meeting yesterday...interestingly no denial anywhere...and in today's social media environment may be meaningful. Would like to just get back to 'Cuse gettng out of the BE and into the ACC by 7/'13...but no news on that either.

C'mon, see there's the problem. "No denial" means they must be hiding something. A full denial means they must be hiding something. See, as I've stated before, the biggest issue is that the conferences are 'damned if they do, damned if they don't' comment on any rumor.

LOL. And who's Mike Bell?

He's a sports talk radio host.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

He's a sports talk radio host.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
I think he said something about bees taking over the admin duties of the Rutgers board too.

If that turns out to be true (and that is a really big if) then the ACC which has always been a an equal share league really does feel their future is threatened.

What did Teel tweet?

I think he said something about bees taking over the admin duties of the Rutgers board too.

That I would pay to see! :D

Rutgers boards where you get banned for not spouting the Party Line.

What did Teel tweet?

Logical and sensible things like:

David Teel@DavidTeelatDP
@DavidSouth1 Hear ya loud and clear. ND a sound investment.

and

David Teel@DavidTeelatDP
@DavidSouth1 Like the ND-Louisville combination. Don't know whether ACC would make financial concession. Regardless, nothing imminent. IMHO.

Cheers,
Neil

Logical and sensible things like:

David Teel@DavidTeelatDP
@DavidSouth1 Hear ya loud and clear. ND a sound investment.

and

David Teel@DavidTeelatDP
@DavidSouth1 Like the ND-Louisville combination. Don't know whether ACC would make financial concession. Regardless, nothing imminent. IMHO.

Cheers,
Neil
Neil, you are correct...Teel is a straight-up source and excellent reporter. According to NCSTATE Administrator (cousin) one of the best out there. He simply responded to DavidSouth1 but indicated nothing imminent. But interesting that he did respond. Social Media may be useful but it causes more problems than it helps understand...anyone, anytime can say what they want..and by the way, is BEES really going to be a big shot at Rutgirls...lol

Neil, you are correct...Teel is a straight-up source and excellent reporter. According to NCSTATE Administrator (cousin) one of the best out there. He simply responded to DavidSouth1 but indicated nothing imminent. But interesting that he did respond. Social Media may be useful but it causes more problems than it helps understand...anyone, anytime can say what they want..and by the way, is BEES really going to be a big shot at Rutgirls...lol
Wait a minute! are you saying I SHOULDN'T believe everything I read on twitter?????

I think that swaim was being fed bogus info to destabilize the acc. He could have been fed that info from both ND and the Big 12- both of whom stand to gain by such misinformation. It gives ND the leverage it needs against the ACC, and the Big 12 needs to eat the acc now because it's long term stability is still up in the air.

There is a huge loophole in the grant of rights that favors UT. They can still leave at any time, because if they left- OU would be right behind and the conference would crumble.

Would not surprise me if the ACC is working very hard to get ND in the fold.

Despite Swarbicks statement that ND still has a path to the NC...there will be preference / weight given to conference champs.

I bet one could foresee a scenario where a 11-1 ND team would not get selected into the four team playoff as an Indy...because the big, sec, PAC, big 12, and ACC would be able to collectively produce four conference champs with 0 or 1 loss.

Even in this proposed committee selection process, ND is best served in a conference.

I've always assumed that Swarbick & most people employed by Notre Dame would like to be in the Big 10 or ACC. Whenever Swarbick says something like "we're independent until access to the Championship is cut off" it sounds to me like he's actually creating precedent to join a conference in the future. That's the argument he can take to the alumni & boosters.