Tirico said this about BT | Syracusefan.com

Tirico said this about BT

CiscoCuse

2023 Cali Award Winner Regular Season Record
and I'm paraphrasing..."Brandon Triche has the talent to take over a game at the end but not the personality"
comments???

He's right. While very talented, in past years BT has been at times reluctant to assert himself on offense. He has shown signs of being willing to take over and be the guy to give the ball to with ten seconds on the shot clock. We need that if we are to go deep in the post season.

Even when he is rolling, he doesnt really ever get in that "this is my time" mentality very often, outside of Louisville. I would like to see him shoot even more when he is going well.

JB said something similar in the postgame PC- said he knew BT would miss the front end FT at the end just by looking at his body language, then he called him a 1st round caliber guard

BT came up big down the stretch. As JB eluded to in his post game interview with Bilas, if he & MCW didn't make everyone of those plays late, we don't win. One thing Brandon absolutely has to do down the stretch as well is hitting his FT's. He could've completely iced this afternoon's game had he made his one & one...same result late in the L'ville game as well...missed the front end...when L'ville cut our lead to 66-64...

BT came up big down the stretch. As JB eluded to in his post game interview with Bilas, if he & MCW didn't make everyone of those plays late, we don't win. One thing Brandon absolutely has to do down the stretch as well is hitting his FT's. He could've completely iced this afternoon's game had he made his one & one...same result late in the L'ville game as well...missed the front end...when L'ville cut our lead to 66-64...
Remember when that stuff used to cost us games (Temple notwithstanding) Now we seem to win despite it. My biggest fear is when we do lose one it will be a doozy.

and I'm paraphrasing..."Brandon Triche has the talent to take over a game at the end but not the personality"
comments???

I think he is just paraphrasing what JB has said on any number of occasions over the past three years.

"BT doesn't realize how good he is......" or something similar.

Remember when that stuff used to cost us games (Temple notwithstanding) Now we seem to win despite it. My biggest fear is when we do lose one it will be a doozy.
Hello, sports psychologist.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Honestly, this guy has the attitude to take over, here against the #1 ranked team at the time (oopsy, no mo) and here. Oh wait, here too, just three important conference games, no big deal.

He does have a game face, tough stare after he drains key shot after shot. I'm sorry, I really don't get it. Is he the poster child for a Nike commercial? Maybe not. Is he intimidating to the opposition? Absolutely.

He's helped us win a bunch of important games already. And like everyone else, he picks his teammates up, gets picked up in turn when he has a down night.

Mine too...painful memories of '87...

Not a new thought. Often written here, and implied by JB.

I don't buy it. He can take over when he's the best guy to take over. In the past we had Rautins, Scoop, and Waiters. You can't have all chiefs trying to take over down the stretch...give the guy some credit for not being dumb and trying to be "the man"(those talking heads are obsessed with that crap) and for falling back and knowing his role.

comments???

He's not a selfish player. Sometimes being a little selfish is what separates very good players from great ones. Sometimes selfish players are just selfish, though. I think with Brandon, he is going to have to step into that role more as the season goes on, especially with Southerland gone.

Someone tell me why nothing has happened with North Carolina when we have this trouble?

Pretty insightful comment from Tirico, you can tell he must watch a lot of SU games. Love BT and he made some huge plays late to get us back into the game. But he is terrible at the FT line in tight end of game situations. He thinks too much and the nerves must get to him. You could tell by the look on his face it wasn't going to be good.

I don't buy it. He can take over when he's the best guy to take over. In the past we had Rautins, Scoop, and Waiters. You can't have all chiefs trying to take over down the stretch...give the guy some credit for not being dumb and trying to be "the man"(those talking heads are obsessed with that crap) and for falling back and knowing his role.
except, there have been a number of games this year that he has been the man...in fact, for those without good memories...think Louisville and Cincy...He has played extaordinarily well the past two cames and most consistent all season.

[quote=" You could tell by the look on his face it wasn't going to be good.[/quote]
JB said in the presser "I knew when he went to the line...I can read his mind...he's going to miss this one"

except, there have been a number of games this year that he has been the man...in fact, for those without good memories...think Louisville and Cincy...He has played extaordinarily well the past two cames and most consistent all season.

Agreed, I was referring to past seasons when it wasn't his role.

Triche was great down the stretch today with those 2 straight mid range shots and then the great pass to Grant for a dunk.

Agreed, I was referring to past seasons when it wasn't his role.

Triche was great down the stretch today with those 2 straight mid range shots and then the great pass to Grant for a dunk.

Huge Triche supporter here. Earlier in the year, I was displeased with how he was handling the ball, the number of unforced turnovers he was committing for a four-year starter, that he was getting ripped 35 feet from the basket trying to cross the defender over, etc.

The last few games, he's been great with the ball--very strong. And he's using the bounce to get into the lane and to the tin for scoring opportunities. It's been great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom